Gear Goals 2019

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby neonblack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:14 am

-Find a way to make all my dirt work with both pickups, rather than having a neck pedal and a bridge pedal.
-Sell El Cap, buy Volante
-Figure out how to fit it on my board
-Alternatively, buy a second smaller board for just Volante, Dark World, and Fuck, all other effects on first board
-Oh yeah, buy a Dark World
-Sell various non-essential body parts to fund these dreams
-Finally finish the Jaguar I've had laying around forever
-New speaker for my cab since I blew that shit out
-Find a Raptio or similar simple stutter pedal
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:38 pm

My newest new year idea is free, but it's going to involve a lot of moving stuff about.

I can't think of any pedals I currently want to add to the mix, but right now there's one instrument I can't get to for all the pedals on stands in the way, so I'm going to have to move all my gear out of the way, put the desk that's behind them out of the way and put the pedals, amp etc. in the space left by the desk so I can get to my piano :)

No point in it taking up masses of space if I don't use it, and I like a lot of the slow, thoughtful way Radiohead use piano, so maybe I should try a bit of that.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Thankfully, when I want piano, I just push the PC keyboard and mouse off to the side, and put the 88-key on the desk.

It's a one minute affair!
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm

MrNovember wrote:1) buy a 3D printer
2) buy proper studio monitors
3) sell a bunch of stuff that I don't use to afford a 3D printer and studio monitors
4) circuit bend and DIY the stuff I don't sell
5) record some things
6) learn more piano
7) buy a second Mutable Stages Tides 2
8) finish building a bass board

I just acquired the rest of the pedals I wanted for my bass board. I really wasn't expecting to finish one of these this so quickly!
Board will be Black Finger > Spatial Delivery > Data Corrupter > VB-2w > Dispatch Master
Might end up swapping the Spatial Delivery and Data Corrupter though; I'll have to experiment a bit first

Also, learning piano is going fairly well. I've been trying to practice a little every day. Even if it's only 5 or 10 minutes to run through a couple songs. I'm currently working on Down Is the New Up by Radiohead and In Circles by Patrick Watson. I'm not going to scratch that one off the list though. I really want to get a lot more smooth and quick with chord changes
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 pm

Not the "In Circles" I know.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am

old Neil Young piano tunes from the 70s are really easy to play. i especially recommend "Journey Through The Past" and "Love In Mind" from the Time Fades Away album.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby baremountain » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

MrNovember wrote:Also, learning piano is going fairly well. I've been trying to practice a little every day. Even if it's only 5 or 10 minutes to run through a couple songs. I'm currently working on Down Is the New Up by Radiohead and In Circles by Patrick Watson. I'm not going to scratch that one off the list though. I really want to get a lot more smooth and quick with chord changes

Nice, I've been on this grind lately too! Learning "Blue" by Joni Mitchell, but once I've got this whole thing down (a little over halfway to nailing it), I'm gonna tackle the much more ambitious "Judgment of the Moon & Stars" & see how that goes. If anyone else here is trying to learn piano and likes Joni Mitchell, it might please y'all to know she has sheet music for every single one of her songs that I've looked up available on her official website FOR FREE. Mad cool of her to share the hard work of her fanbase who took the time to transcribe her entire catalog on both guitar and piano (maybe even more instruments?) rather than the approach some folks (*Neil Young*) took of sending cease & desists to people publishing their transcriptions.

That said, I still love Neil Young & will probably take some of dubkitty's advice - I've always wanted to learn "After the Gold Rush", but I'll probably also check these other ones out if they're in the easier echelon of pop-piano music.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 pm

if you can stand Jackson Browne, he also had a bunch of early material that was hella easy for me to pick through. "Late For The Sky," "Moving On, " "Jamaica Say You Will." yes, i was a singer/songwriter ho in the early 70s.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby popvulture » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Late for the Sky is a fucking beautiful album. That guitar playing is just... dunno, it's pretty perfect to me. Definitely the piano too, of course :)

Leon Russell stuff is pretty easy to pick up on piano, I've found.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:22 pm

Besides buying a metal building tonturn in to the music room/studio at my new house, I am mainly looking to get some gear back that I miss from like 2013. Stuff like an Infanem Faye Sing, some more Iron Ether back in my life, some ss/BS, maybe a few MoogerFoogers despite the fact that they are jacked-up in price sense Moog discontinued them.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 am

popvulture wrote:Late for the Sky is a fucking beautiful album. That guitar playing is just... dunno, it's pretty perfect to me. Definitely the piano too, of course :)

Leon Russell stuff is pretty easy to pick up on piano, I've found.

that record has the best David Lindley ever. when they use the "Late For The Sky" solo and outro in Taxi Driver when Travis is watching American Bandstand it's just shattering.

there's a lot of singer-songwriter stuff that's pretty easy to figure out. you can pretty much get away with root/5th/octave in the left hand for the most part. add two or three 3-note chords in the right hand and a tempo and you're pretty much sorted.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 pm

I just bought my dream guitar last week, so that’s a great start to the year. I plan to finish the cabs I’ve been slowly building for like two years pretty soon. Although I’ll have to pay off my credit card for this guitar purchase before I can buy speakers. I want to get the new guitar set up with a dreamy custom pickup. I don’t buy a lot of gear and I bought a handful of pedals last year, so I’m pretty happy with my board right now. I love my Marshall more than anything, but if finances allow, I’d like to get a v4 this year. We’ll see. That’s an awful steep gear bill for one year. New guitar, 8 new speakers and a head. Probably won’t do all that, but I might buy another dirt pedal or two.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby univalve » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 am

I want to get my iPad MIDI Pedal control Action running. So, that i can use it live. Not sure if i will swing it. It doesn't need acquisition of gear right now. All is here. I need to get the finger out of my butt and just sit down and do it. Goddamn, buying stuff is so much easier...
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:28 am

MrNovember wrote:1) buy a 3D printer
2) buy proper studio monitors
- done! Bought a set of Yamaha HS7s
3) sell a bunch of stuff that I don't use to afford a 3D printer and studio monitors
- sold a few things, a few more to go
4) circuit bend and DIY the stuff I don't sell
5) record some things
6) learn more piano
7) buy a Mutable Stages
- downsized again, don't need this anymore
8) finish building a bass board
- done! Buying a new bass too

I've been doing really well with my gear goals this year! I still want to learn more piano and definitely want to record something this year. I also have a few more things I'd like to sell before I buy a 3D printer
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:21 am

neonblack wrote:-Find a Raptio or similar simple stutter pedal

Raptios and such are really easy to find (and at very good prices) directly from japanese shops. Check on ebay or Rakuten Global, you always finds deals.
Otherwise you may take a look at the Bananana Mandala.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear