Gear Goals 2019

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby SecretMachine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 am

1) Sell all the pedals that I have that I don't need / use (sold 2 already)
2) Hunt down a Boss RV-2 / RV-3 + a Japanese Fender Jaguar in Gunmetal Blue with humbuckers when I go to Japan next month
3) Fail at finding these things and stare into the void
4) Sell my VOX AC15 - buy a VOX AC30
5) Break my back carrying VOX AC30
My band: https://autosleeperband.bandcamp.com/
Influenced by Swervedriver, Sonic Youth, MBV and The Cure.
SecretMachine

committed
committed

Postby BoatRich » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Hopefully selling my JCM 900 for a Mesa Stiletto Deuce on Friday and picking up a Recto cab at the same time, so that starts the year off pretty well. Now all I need to do is build the shred Tele of my dreams. Also fix my V4, buy a twin, find an SVT-2 non pro
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm

I don't set gear goals, I just fly by the seat of my pants. If something really speaks to me, I'll probably buy it. However, I might cull the herd a little this year, but even that isn't really a positive-definite goal.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Bigger pedal board because Zen is for amateurs.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:29 pm

SecretMachine wrote:3) Fail at finding these things and stare into the void

That sounds like a fine plan, tbh.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Bigger pedal board because Zen is for amateurs.

And Asian people.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Bigger pedal board because Zen is for amateurs.

https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby mannequin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 pm

buy less pedals on impulse. i've been trying to save up for ableton + studio monitors + new synths but dumb ol impulse pedal purchases keep getting in the way.

at the same time i really want the new caroline fuzz oops
mannequin

interested
interested

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 pm

mannequin wrote:buy less pedals on impulse. i've been trying to save up for ableton + studio monitors + new synths but dumb ol impulse pedal purchases keep getting in the way.

at the same time i really want the new caroline fuzz oops

I feel your pain; why are studio monitors so difficult to buy? Every time I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair I get distracted by something shiny
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Goalless me has already bought more rack gear than I have rack space for, so...yea.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Lurker13 wrote:Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.

is this for performance or recording? for recording IMO you're way better off with a MIDI or USB keyboard controller and plug-ins. if you want a live keyboard the larger Casios have startlingly good organ sounds...i have one my ex bought me in the 00s which has a whole separate organ menu with multiple editable parameters which can B3 till the cows come home.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 pm

dubkitty wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.

is this for performance or recording? for recording IMO you're way better off with a MIDI or USB keyboard controller and plug-ins. if you want a live keyboard the larger Casios have startlingly good organ sounds...i have one my ex bought me in the 00s which has a whole separate organ menu with multiple editable parameters which can B3 till the cows come home.

It would be for recording. I have only the most rudimentary of keyboard skills, so I just want something on the starter level.

So talk to me about MIDI or USB keyboard controllers and plug-ins, because I know nothing about them. How would I use them? Currently, I record my guitar from my Fender SCX2 straight into my laptop via USB cable and use Audacity as my DAW.

Please and thank you. :)
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 am

Lurker13 wrote:
dubkitty wrote:

It would be for recording. I have only the most rudimentary of keyboard skills, so I just want something on the starter level.

So talk to me about MIDI or USB keyboard controllers and plug-ins, because I know nothing about them. How would I use them? Currently, I record my guitar from my Fender SCX2 straight into my laptop via USB cable and use Audacity as my DAW.

Please and thank you. :)

Also interested and listening :snax:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am

I just remembered I should probably sell my electric piano and get a midi keyboard.... :snax:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear