F' me, IE FMeron - FM Synthesis pedal

Moderator: Taylor Livingston

Re: F' me, IE FMeron - FM Synthesis pedal

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:35 pm

THE WANT LIVES
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wolflangis » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:47 pm

so surprised not more posts here... but let me just say: I got my FMeron recently and its easily one of the coolest/weirdest sounding pedals out there. Granted, I have only been running the bolsa bass and pocket piano through it... but such awesome sounds to be had from that. I did notice it seemed to be monophonic, as it didn't seem to track any 2+ keys played together well. This was only on the pocket piano though(bolsa bass is monophonic), so bass chords may have better luck. As expected, it did generally track better on the bolsa bass. But the fun really comes in when adding some tone back in(assuming you rolled it off, per Taylors recommendation in this thread) and getting those glitched-out sounds he's talking about. Higher notes may get some of that going as well. Although again, with more highs rolled off you should get the tracking you need(and not as much of the glitching sound that I personally want)

STILL NEED TO RUN DRUMS THROUGH IT
wolflangis

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:56 pm

If you've got 'em, you should post some sound clips. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Gotta add my kudos to the small choir. So, so deep; in my experience one of the coolest pedals ever (and one of the most over-looked).

Sounds increíble con Polytope :drool:
Last edited by Dandolin on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Shish » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:21 pm

FMeron is insane. I put my name on the wait list a while ago and completely forgot about it. Last week Taylor emailed me that my name was next in the queue and I pulled the trigger. I spent maybe half an hour with it so far and I'm blown away. First of all it is a unique sound, and it does sound like my bass turned into an FM synth. Fortunately, unlike FM synths, FMeron is super intuitive and easy to play with. The underrated part about FMeron is the envelope, which is controlled by the knob instead of by your playing dynamics. It really adds synthy flavour to the bass lines. My FMeron is best friends with Darkglass B3K, they work so well together. Another amazing pedal by Iron Ether.
Shish

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Yeah, Dandolin has one. Sounds great! :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Yeah--nice to see more users out there! :group: I love the fat FM basses and the added sculpting from envelope controlled fm amount (quasi-filt'rish). Bell sounds abound as well. But where it really goes over the top for me are in the huge variety of beautifully harsh enharmonic clang overtones.... :love: :love: :love:

If you have a sustainer-type device, try running infinite sustain tones into particularly harsh harmoniclang...mm-mm-good :drool:

The Enzo is a great new guitar synth; the FMeron is worthy yin to its yang (or vice versa).
Last edited by Dandolin on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nad » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:00 pm

This pedal is DISGUSTING. :omg:

^^^I saved that draft back in April and I still have NO IDEA how to improve upon it. My last band hated this pedal so much that they wouldn't allow me to turn it off for an entire session.

*BWWWRRRAANGGGGG WWwwooooooo*
"That sounds like shit."
[insert FMeron into band mix]
"THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!"

There. I'd say that's a worthy addition. And now I can hit Submit. SUBMIIIIIT!!!
Those whose nose knows the noes.
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:31 pm

:lol: :love: :thumb:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 pm

I'd love to hear this on guitar.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:56 pm

sylnau wrote:I'd love to hear this on guitar.

Ditto!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Taylor Livingston » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:24 am

Me three. I don't know how many FMeron owners play guitar, but if nobody else can post some examples, I'll try to record something.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby sylnau » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Taylor Livingston wrote:Me three. I don't know how many FMeron owners play guitar, but if nobody else can post some examples, I'll try to record something.

:thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jondom22 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Dandolin wrote:Gotta add my kudos to the small choir. So, so deep; in my experience one of the coolest pedals ever (and one of the most over-looked).

Sounds increíble con Polytope :drool:

Are you playing it with guitar by chance? I'm interested but still haven't heard one guitar example online anywhere.
jondom22

involved
involved

Postby Dandolin » Sat May 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Guitar, bass, synth--but mostly guitar....
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Iron Ether