ZT Lee Ranaldo Club Amp

Moderator: Ghost Hip

ZT Lee Ranaldo Club Amp

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-h0TSmps7Q

I always passed on a ZT in the past when the chance came up (hit or miss QC-wise, really), but props 4 Jasper Johnning this thing, as well as more solid state options that aren't the usual suspects.

Price is mighty high, however ($1499 street). :cry:

A Quilter head (or even a Crate Power Block, mmmhmm) & a 12" would be more affordable, though entirely less sexy (unless there were two of 'em). :snax:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: ZT Lee Ranaldo Club Amp

Postby Seedy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Very cool. A little too $ but it definitely sounds like a Lee Ranaldo amp.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby repoman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 pm

$1499.....................

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 pm

:lol:

pinstripedclips has been recording with a ZT Lunchbox for a long time and always sounds fantastic through it (even though fuzz pedals aren't generally considered to sound good through solid state amps):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzhA5u_Jsio

:idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Benn Roe » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm pretty sure you could just get an actual Super Reverb, like Lee Ranaldo actually uses, for less than that. I guess I never understood what the point of putting out gear that emulates the sound of a guitarist is, when that guitarist uses known, existing gear. I guess I've never cared about lightweight gear, though, or needed to play at low volumes. Is that the market this is after?
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am

repoman wrote:$1499.....................

No opinions on the amp, but this is one of the better gifs I have seen on my journey through teh internets.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby frigid midget » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:11 am

I always thought of Lee Renaldo as a "whatever works, as long as it's got enough headroom for my effects" kinda guy when it comes to amps.
I mean, didn't Sonic Youth used to play through Peavey Roadmasters for the longest time? :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Boxbie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 am

Thats alot of cash for a Chinese made solid state amp.
Boxbie

experienced
experienced

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Pricey, but US-made stuff isn't cheap (especially California).

Basically, it's a case of "I have more money than the desire or ability to deal with a large, heavy thing of my choosing."

I could see this being attractive if one was regularly doing gigs in an urban hellhole (versus the taxi dance with big amps or amp+ cab).
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby O Drones » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:28 pm

frigid midget wrote:I always thought of Lee Renaldo as a "whatever works, as long as it's got enough headroom for my effects" kinda guy when it comes to amps.
I mean, didn't Sonic Youth used to play through Peavey Roadmasters for the longest time? :idk:

Thurston’s definitely all about Roadmasters, but I thought Lee’s amp was a Super Reverb :idk:
O Drones

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 am

Did they just take their old club amp design, make some cosmetic changes, and triple the asking price?

I love ZT amps, but that’s a really crazy price considering everything that’s currently available in that niche (loud af, lightweight, solid-state amplifier).

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby duffmcshark » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:23 am

01010111 wrote:Did they just take their old club amp design, make some cosmetic changes, and triple the asking price?

I love ZT amps, but that’s a really crazy price considering everything that’s currently available in that niche (loud af, lightweight, solid-state amplifier).

This has a 12” speaker, reverb, an effects loop, and a 3 band EQ. Not exactly features that set it apart from other combos, but not just a cosmetic upgrade for a ZT Club.
duffmcshark

involved
involved

Postby 01010111 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:51 am

duffmcshark wrote:
01010111 wrote:Did they just take their old club amp design, make some cosmetic changes, and triple the asking price?

This has a 12” speaker, reverb, an effects loop, and a 3 band EQ. Not exactly features that set it apart from other combos, but not just a cosmetic upgrade for a ZT Club.

It has the exact same features as their now discontinued Club amp, except it’s more than double the price

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/zt-club-200w-1x12-guitar-combo-amp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby duffmcshark » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 pm

01010111 wrote:
duffmcshark wrote:

It has the exact same features as their now discontinued Club amp, except it’s more than double the price

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/zt-club-200w-1x12-guitar-combo-amp

I was thinking of and talking about the Lunchbox. Didn’t know that the Club existed. Looks like the only difference is a mid control.
duffmcshark

involved
involved

Return to General Gear