Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby JTurbide » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Vinyls, vinyls, vinyls :)
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby baremountain » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 am

Hopped on the Thermae pre-order, so looks like this weekend or early next week I'll be in a pitch shifting K-hole. Pretty stoked, as this is the first pedal I've bought since the Shallow Water about a year ago.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Finally content with my guitar board for doomy sludgy noises (minus the Idiotbox pedal, whenever it decides to show up...), I started wasting money on ambient noise makers for my bass/other stuff

Some days I wonder if building pedal boards and dicking around with different effects and noises than anything else.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:00 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:Image

Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.

Prymaxe keeps foiling my efforts to be frugal with random sales on items that are actually in stock. I just scored one of these on clearance with an additional 10% off:

I recall being particularly fond of the TAR+ card last time I owned one of these almost a decade ago and can't wait to experiment with some of the newer options including the Red Octave and Brown Muff. :animal:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

ck3 wrote:Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.

This is actually the second time I've bought this pedal, I regret selling the first one. It's by far one of my favorite reverb pedals. Simple knob based functions, sounds really lush and warm and not overly harsh or metallic. I like a lot of the Digitech/Hardwire pedals, though velcro never sticks well to them no matter what you do.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby greyscales » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
ck3 wrote:Curious about your impressions when this arrives. I previously owned a Digiverb, currently have a Polara, and dig most of DigiTech's reverb algorithms.

This is actually the second time I've bought this pedal, I regret selling the first one. It's by far one of my favorite reverb pedals. Simple knob based functions, sounds really lush and warm and not overly harsh or metallic. I like a lot of the Digitech/Hardwire pedals, though velcro never sticks well to them no matter what you do.

The custom-fit velcro that came with the Hardwire pedals worked great though, wish Boss would do it. And it's the strongest velcro I've ever used (have to pry it off with my foot on the board sometimes).
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm

IDK what velcro is on my thundercloud fuzz, but it's 4 tiny squares on each corner and holds better than some of my pedals with the entire back covered.

The first attempted removal of said pedal from a board was legit frustrating (in a humorous fashion), when much to my surprise, the board came with it.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:51 pm

baremountain wrote:Hopped on the Thermae pre-order, so looks like this weekend or early next week I'll be in a pitch shifting K-hole. Pretty stoked, as this is the first pedal I've bought since the Shallow Water about a year ago.

I should be so beyond covered on harmonizers. But the Thermae is a siren song. It's so far beyond the rack analog pitch shifters from MXR, ART, and A/DA from before the H3000 changed the world. I'd love to find out what it can do at its outer limits, the things my digital buddies can't. Tonal Recall is attractive, but Thermae is alluring. Whole other level.

Gonna need to sell and save to make that happen.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 pm

greyscales wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:

The custom-fit velcro that came with the Hardwire pedals worked great though, wish Boss would do it. And it's the strongest velcro I've ever used (have to pry it off with my foot on the board sometimes).

I've been keeping an eye out for some but haven't come across any yet. Not surprising really, I'm not sure why anyone would keep a bit of velcro, but someone has to have a little stash.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Stumbled upon one of these in NOS condition for a decent price on the 'verb earlier today:

The theme this week seems to be repurchasing pedals I previously owned between 2006-2008.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Davin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Thermae shipping notice received! :omg:
llull1.bandcamp.com
Davin

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:51 pm

ck3 wrote:Stumbled upon one of these in NOS condition for a decent price on the 'verb earlier today:

The theme this week seems to be repurchasing pedals I previously owned between 2006-2008.

I heard that thing is pretty fun
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 pm

friendship wrote:I heard that thing is pretty fun

The DOD FX52 is a magical Big Muff/Fuzzface hybrid with plenty of mids. I was hoping for a reissue, but, alas, DOD is no more.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 am

Should have an electric majik fuzz face in the mail at some point in the near future..
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am

ck3 wrote:
friendship wrote:I heard that thing is pretty fun

The DOD FX52 is a magical Big Muff/Fuzzface hybrid with plenty of mids. I was hoping for a reissue, but, alas, DOD is no more.

That and the American Metal...both pedals I've owned and wish I still had years later :facepalm:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear