They are a tuning fork with strings.
Also, they look badass.
Do you also like Veees?
Do you have a Vee or multiple Vees?
If so post them.
Here.
Attachments
32419513_578527872533258_3642148020948041728_n.jpg
32419513_578527872533258_3642148020948041728_n.jpg (86.88 KiB) Viewed 19461 times
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Re: The Flying V thread

Postby repoman » Sat May 26, 2018 9:29 pm

I don't think I've ever played one :cry:
I love em tho
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 am

Yeah I've played a few, it's a pretty comfortable guitar to play sitting down honestly if you jam the V crotch over your leg. I think they play nice standing with a strap too. I don't own one, but I'll probably get a white Gibson if the price is right.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby StephanCOH » Mon May 28, 2018 4:20 am

Got a Custom V from Boult Guitars on order. Loving the looks of the classic V-shape. Not so much the pointier Jackson shape and the modern variations. RRs are ok and incredibly comfortable to play.

One of my holy grails is the Kerry King ESP Signature in crackle red (though it has the pointy Jackson-style V-shape).
StephanCOH

interested
interested

Postby WORMDIRT » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:18 am

The real question is strap button placement? End of the "wing" or inside the vee? I go between the two on mine pretty much every time I change strings
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby Mudfuzz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:29 am

I've always found the farther inside you go the better the balance is. Both my 5 stringers balance as good as a pbass does. End of wing looks cooler though..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 am

Nice collection! V's are sick, but I have yet to buy one.

There's a purple sparkle dean baby v in town that's been sitting for a couple years now. Always tempted by it.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 am

I've got a Jackson Randy Rhoads and love it. I actually like being able to play it like a classical guitar when I'm sitting down, but I haven't yet found a good cross-legged-on-the-floor position. I might have to give up on that one. Will post photos. It looks pretty... odd... because it has one gold alumitone and a stock black humbucker.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby wafl » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Should I get a V since my name starts with V and lots of people call me that? It seems like it would feel right.

(although most people call me Vi)
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:31 pm

heck yeh
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:17 pm

I've got one of the rather new Epiphone Flying Vs that are made to look like the original '58 one, with an all korina body (the previous "original" Vs Epiphone put out were only a tiny bit korina, so a lot of people felt ripped off). It's incredibly light, which I like so much, but, caveat: way too neck heavy in its standard configuration. I'm wondering what to do about it. Any suggestions?

Another thing is I kinda miss the low action of something like a Fender Mustang, but at the same time the V feels better for other stuff (especially the infamous "post rock" tremolo). And it does sound glorious acoustically—and of course through my JC40 too!

Incoming -- the people that made me want a flying v:

VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 pm

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:I've got one of the rather new Epiphone Flying Vs that are made to look like the original '58 one, with an all korina body (the previous "original" Vs Epiphone put out were only a tiny bit korina, so a lot of people felt ripped off). It's incredibly light, which I like so much, but, caveat: way too neck heavy in its standard configuration. I'm wondering what to do about it. Any suggestions?

Another thing is I kinda miss the low action of something like a Fender Mustang, but at the same time the V feels better for other stuff (especially the infamous "post rock" tremolo). And it does sound glorious acoustically—and of course through my JC40 too!

Incoming -- the people that made me want a flying v:

Try moving the strap button closer to the middle on the bass wing.
Also you should be able to lower the action, the nice thing about tune-o-mastic bridges is it's easy to mess with that, just keep track of how many turns you make and you can get it back if you don't like it.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 pm

wafl wrote:Should I get a V since my name starts with V and lots of people call me that? It seems like it would feel right.

(although most people call me Vi)

You should only do this if you want to be cooler than everyone else :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:41 am

The Jackson RR is slab sided and has flat points. I just realised that I can stand it on the points and lean it against the amp (perpendicular to the amp). This was a good discovery because I don't have a guitar stand for the V in our rehearsal room.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass