The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby Kacey Y » Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am

Office admin, I guess. I ran my family's business for 11 years. The last year I've been doing all the office admin work for the maintenance department of a petroleum distributor. The kind of stuff where I'm doing bookkeeping and using specialized software updated databases and customer service and ordering parts and a ton of other random organizational stuff.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 23, 2018 11:09 am

Corey Y wrote:Office admin, I guess. I ran my family's business for 11 years. The last year I've been doing all the office admin work for the maintenance department of a petroleum distributor. The kind of stuff where I'm doing bookkeeping and using specialized software updated databases and customer service and ordering parts and a ton of other random organizational stuff.

Nice! Tons of similar jobs in my area, program manager, project manager type stuff.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 am

I have one of those career paths where I just have to apply a ton of places and see what sticks. I didn't go to college, I've just been working since I was a teenager, but I find having intelligence and a work ethic get you pretty far. It just sucks, because I can't say "I'm a systems engineer" or whatever specific career path with a specific degree/certification/experience. I tend to just work jobs where they need someone to do a little of everything and figure out how to fix everything that's not working. In this job they piled on responsibilities and tasks, because they knew I could get shit done...right up until the week they laid me off. Like literally the week before they had me taking on half of someone else's job that got fired.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 23, 2018 11:18 am

Corey Y wrote:I have one of those career paths where I just have to apply a ton of places and see what sticks. I didn't go to college, I've just been working since I was a teenager, but I find having intelligence and a work ethic get you pretty far. It just sucks, because I can't say "I'm a systems engineer" or whatever specific career path with a specific degree/certification/experience. I tend to just work jobs where they need someone to do a little of everything and figure out how to fix everything that's not working. In this job they piled on responsibilities and tasks, because they knew I could get shit done...right up until the week they laid me off. Like literally the week before they had me taking on half of someone else's job that got fired.

Dude, it blows that they dumped you like that, I am curious if they won't call you in a week to bail them out.

I got laid off from my current company a few years back and they would call me while I was working another job to help them sort things out.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed May 23, 2018 11:31 am

I did my best to clean and tidy everything up, so I don't leave them in the lurch. Because I value my work, even if they don't. When they laid me off they said something to the effect that if something changes, they'd love to have me back in the future. In my head I was like "yeah, I'd totally love to come back to work for a company that laid me off with zero notice, pffft". A company that knows I'm the only person with a job in my house and I have 2 little kids. For a year I worked 10 hours a day, probably took 2 outside lunch breaks, never took a sick day, never got in trouble or made any big mistakes and they can't afford to give me 2 weeks notice to look for a new job. They're running their business into the ground and apparently can't seem to make money, since they laid off one person from every department, are selling off extra assets and business doesn't seem to be moving any slower than it has for a year (which is busy). I've offered fixes (when asked) to some serious problems due to lack of proper procedures with my department and they never implemented a single one. They have senior staff that just literally do nothing, my department head just straight up didn't do inventory last quarter and the one before that was off by over $100k.

So yeah, I'm glad for a good reference and all that, not going to burn any bridges, but it's the single least professional and respectable work experience I've had in 20 years.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

Corey Y wrote:I did my best to clean and tidy everything up, so I don't leave them in the lurch. Because I value my work, even if they don't. When they laid me off they said something to the effect that if something changes, they'd love to have me back in the future. In my head I was like "yeah, I'd totally love to come back to work for a company that laid me off with zero notice, pffft". A company that knows I'm the only person with a job in my house and I have 2 little kids. For a year I worked 10 hours a day, probably took 2 outside lunch breaks, never took a sick day, never got in trouble or made any big mistakes and they can't afford to give me 2 weeks notice to look for a new job. They're running their business into the ground and apparently can't seem to make money, since they laid off one person from every department, are selling off extra assets and business doesn't seem to be moving any slower than it has for a year (which is busy). I've offered fixes (when asked) to some serious problems due to lack of proper procedures with my department and they never implemented a single one. They have senior staff that just literally do nothing, my department head just straight up didn't do inventory last quarter and the one before that was off by over $100k.

So yeah, I'm glad for a good reference and all that, not going to burn any bridges, but it's the single least professional and respectable work experience I've had in 20 years.

Doesn't sound like a place you would want to revisit............the last person I had to lay off we paid out for I think around 2 months plus all his vacation.....was the right thing to do. I had to fight to do it since owners are on the cheap side, but you have to treat people well.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed May 23, 2018 11:51 am

The last time I had to lay off someone was 15 years ago, but we paid them through the end of the month, plus vacation time and sick leave. I've never been laid off, I'm sure it's never great...but to find out they were so willing to utilize my workaholic tendencies when they needed me and then just drop me with no consideration or notice, is pretty insulting. Especially because it was a handshake deal, "family run" kind of hire in the first place.

Oh well, on to other things.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fldrvr » Thu May 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Not nearly as serious as wha has been posted leading up to this one, but....

FUCKIN FUCK FEDEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby the raytownian » Sat May 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Why the fuck do some people love talking shit so much? I overheard a co-worker bitching about how I am too soft-spoken tonight, and it really, really, fucking really hurt my feelings. If only you knewwwwwwwww why I am like this, you jerk. I am wicked drunk right now, and I have to be at work at 8AM tomorrow, and my incoming hangover is all your fault, co-worker.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby OldGeorge » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 pm

the raytownian wrote:Why the fuck do some people love talking shit so much? I overheard a co-worker bitching about how I am too soft-spoken tonight, and it really, really, fucking really hurt my feelings. If only you knewwwwwwwww why I am like this, you jerk. I am wicked drunk right now, and I have to be at work at 8AM tomorrow, and my incoming hangover is all your fault, co-worker.

Here's to being an introvert that coworkers don't get! Cheers
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat May 26, 2018 10:50 pm

You should just say strange abrasive things to that dude.

"Nice shirt. Red is a great color, but not on you. Hey just being honest!"

"Dude did you just blow up the bathroom? I think you may have left some on your back, I can smell it from here!"

"Hey great job today at work. Nah just kidding, I had to fix all your fuck ups. Just get me that $40 by the end of the week"

People are shit man. I'm sorry
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sun May 27, 2018 1:01 pm

I've been feeling so fractured recently. Little things set me off all the time. Just the other day I freaked out cause my fiancee wasnt gonna let me drive the car to a band related thing. I felt hurt that she didnt trust me to drive carefully or well.

In the end i was able to use it, but my overraction fucked my mood from the time I was off work at 10:30pm till about 9am the next day.

This is getting bad boys.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm

You smoke weed right? Weed does that. Or rather, the absence of weed.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Sun May 27, 2018 1:26 pm

actual wrote:You smoke weed right? Weed does that. Or rather, the absence of weed.

I do yea. Does that mean I need t chill out on the weed? Cause I can totally do that.

I've only been really smoking for about a year so im fairly new to how weed effects your system.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:12 pm

the hippie lettuce makes you a slave on salad island, learn to fly bitch in yo mind, erase time, stop collaborate and listen, take a deep breath and go on a moonwalk mission
just say NO
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion