Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Postby Achtane » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:29 am

It's like reading the label on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 am

That guy was in a mental institution cuz he wanted to clean people brah! UNITY!!! :lol:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 am

That quote in your sig (Superbad) is from 11 years ago. Eleven. Yeahhhh
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:00 am

Omg. You calling Muff diver a ducking sploodge licker then!? Omg.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:02 am

What you know bout vietnam! Yours is lame. I burp shards of comie shrap towards your glass house sir
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 am

pho cough :cool:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 am

Faldoe wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Have you ever considered that this is just basic armchair semiotics used to subtly invalidate opinions you (general you, not specific) don't like?

To use an example: "virtue signalling" is used for precisely the same effect as people used "poseur" when people still cared about the prerequisite albums in other people's record collections. It imposes an unfounded and extrapolated judgement on motivation... which is exactly what you're trying to shine a light on.

That light is best served when applied equally.

So, which seems more or less likely to stand up to scrutiny -- "I am upset." Or "you can't possibly be honestly upset about that, you clearly have an ulterior motive" ?

:hello:

What is the "this" you are referring to?

Like so much of what is happening these days people don't often listen to the multiple perspectives or act in a charitable manner to not dismiss the truths to a person's point at the expense of the points where they are either wrong or didn't quiet articulate their argument as well as they could have - or maybe just can't.

Did you not read what I just said regarding virtue signaling?

I think it is a term that points at something real and that is an issue BUT at the same time people can also misuse it as a rhetorical device. I just said that - though not using the rhetorical device term. Maybe I should have and it would have made my point clearer. If someone is going to say "that's virtue signaling, what you're doing there," they need to be able to also argue how that is the case, not just expect the accusation to be the argument. That seems to be the issue with calling someone a "poser" is that when someone calls another that, they don't try and explain how or why that's the case - though not sure if it could since the poser arena is in the subjective - they just expect the accusation in and of itself to do the damage/provide the justification.

I think I get what you're saying though with using the poser example because the poser term - as I mentioned above - is a subjective kind of thing and can't really be argued or proved. I think you could say the same thing about virtue signaling in if you call someone out on that aren't you just making an assumption about their motives? That CAN be the case but I think you can demonstrate more concretely being examining whether the person being called a virtue signaler is actually making an logical points versus just saying something is offensive or it's problematic and not really articulating how or why.

Yeah I think we're on more or less the same page here.

The point, basically, is that when someone labels something as "virtue signalling" it usually seems to be used "I don't believe this person's motivation is legitimate based on some arbitrary criteria I have derived from social media (twitter/facebook/what have you) regarding your stance on this issue."

I also can't wrap my head around what is "an issue" regarding it. Maybe you can explain to me what the problem with virtue signalling is?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muff_Diver » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 am

rustywire wrote:That quote in your sig (Superbad) is from 11 years ago. Eleven. Yeahhhh

People don't forget!
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby popvulture » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 am

Achtane wrote:It's like reading the label on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's.

loled IRL :hug:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:50 am

popvulture wrote:
Achtane wrote:It's like reading the label on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's.

loled IRL :hug:

Dare you question the genius of Dr. Bronner? :erm: :wha?: :|:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby popvulture » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 am

I find the suds rather invigorating :p
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 am

Tingly. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby frodog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

"Guitar pedal world is disgusting. Count how many “balls”/“ballz” names there are, too. Bros marketing for bros. HIRE WOMEN and consider that YOUR MARKET SHOULD ALSO BE WOMEN. Ya fucking troglodytes."

"I said something about a guitar pedal’s name that was apparently a tie-in with a glam metal parody band I have seen and enjoyed, but guitar pedals’ names are so shitty that if you don’t know it’s a parody, it just seems like another shittily named guitar pedal. I will die on this hill."

- Ted Leo (@tedleo)

While I basically like TL, and sort of agree with some points in his tweets - why bring "balls/ballz" into this? Disappointed. A quick image search reveals the main (and only?) perps here are EHX, Big John and Loud Button, as well as BALLS Effects (which I had not heard of before, apparently was based on the nickname Dr. Tony Balls). So there are about.. 5 super offensive, ball-titled pedals. I don't think Ted Leo should die on this hill. He's free to voice his opinion but in this case I think he's trying too hard, like he wants to literally neuter the pedal world. Granted, I don't think Steel Panther or BJ's Hairy Balls pedal are funny or even attention-worthy things, but neither are these tweets. It just so happens to work in his favour that TL is associated with good music, social commentary, sharp lyricism and all that, while SP are not.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 pm

I think that is a good point about the male and bro centered world of pedals - in this instance.

I think while we are at it, we should also focus on other pedals that have problematic names - sexual or otherwise.

BBE Two-Timer

EQD Warden - kind of insensitive to the incarcerated. Especially with how many people are incarcerated today.

Line 6 DL-4 - I think the name speaks for itself.
Faldoe

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Faldoe wrote:I think that is a good point about the male and bro centered world of pedals - in this instance.

I think while we are at it, we should also focus on other pedals that have problematic names - sexual or otherwise.

BBE Two-Timer

EQD Warden - kind of insensitive to the incarcerated. Especially with how many people are incarcerated today.

Line 6 DL-4 - I think the name speaks for itself.

Whut.

Insensitive to the incarcerated? LOL!!! If they are incarcerated because they committed a crime that they deserve to be there for, how in the heck is that insensitive? I mean, come on now. That's reaching a tad.

Also, have zero clue what DL-4 means and I don't understand why Two Timer is a bad name.

I'm more offended by the JHS Bonsai pedal because a Tubescreamer doesn't bring me any kind of peace and that's what I think of when I think of a Bonsai tree.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion