The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby fallen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Sounds great.

I like this stacking method of having a pedal first in the chain that acts as a pre-amp, adds some bite and drive to the signal and adds some clarity when stacked into muff style fuzz pedals. That Witchburner video is a perfect example.
fallen

committed
committed

Postby fallen » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:56 pm

A box of new amp knobs arrived today so i get to fix up my Acoustic 270 which has one missing knob, a broken knob and a missing EQ slider. I'm guessing once I see the new knobs on there that I might be tempted to replace all of them after all... we will see how well the new knobs match up with the originals.
fallen

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 pm

conky wrote:
t-rey wrote:Hope all is well with you dudes. I'm getting back into gear mongering and kind of need a witch burner and/or acapulco gold. Learn me about them dudes. MOAR DIRT. MOAR RIFFS.

:hello:

The Witchburner will never leave my board. This video only shows one setting not long after I got it, but it'll do so much more. I jammed with my old math metal band awhile back getting ready for a reunion show and it turned the low input of my JMP into a djent heavy mutherfucker. Tons of tones in that pedal and it stacks well with any dirt I've tried it with so far. Never tried the AG, but the demos all sound great. A few buddies have one and they all say it doesn't stack with most things. Gonna grab one for myself one day.

I've watched that video several times over the past few days. Glad to know it has additional range as well, and a Witch Burner will definitely be my next purchase for sure. Question though - can it do like a mid-gain Marshall vibe like the OCD can? My initial burst of gas for the AG has calmed down by a ton - I'll probably try one out one day, but not top of the list anymore.

PSA for you dudes - harman is blowing out Boneshakers for $39 with free shipping in the US. I've got one headed my way, because for $39 there's no excuse. Get on it yall.

fallen wrote:Sounds great.

I like this stacking method of having a pedal first in the chain that acts as a pre-amp, adds some bite and drive to the signal and adds some clarity when stacked into muff style fuzz pedals. That Witchburner video is a perfect example.

Yep. One of my go-to tones is Arrows > Pharaoh.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Also in need of advice regarding some ebay fuckery that is currently afoot in my life:

In a fit of cleaning out old shit and simplifying my life, I recently sold some old signed baseballs on ebay. One buyer has initiated a return saying the item was not as described because the fucking baseball has 'some yellow spots' on it. It's a goddamn 20 year old baseball, I don't know what people expect....but whatever. My gripe is that this fucking thing cost like $10 to ship and ebay says I have to pay for this piece of shit to return the ball and get his refund. Is there any way to contest the buyer's claim and point out that perhaps dude had buyers remorse and doesn't want to pay to ship back?

I kind of assume that the answer is I'll have to eat dicks and lose money because dude no longer wants what he bought. Still pissed about it though.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:30 pm

I have yet to sell on ebay, but the few times I've returned shit, I've ALWAYS paid return shipping. No exception. Granted I've never contested a purchase, but I still think it's shitty he's trying to get out of returning it normally. Otherwise I feel like most people will say ebay will favor the buyer. I've read a lot of sellers who aren't happy with how they get handled. :/
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah. Seems like there should be a way for me to make him pay return shipping. I don't even care about the money, it's the principal of it. Of course I could just dox this fuck in a few weeks if hes much more of a docuher about the process.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby maggot » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:04 pm

t-rey wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:
t-rey wrote:Hope all is well with you dudes. I'm getting back into gear mongering and kind of need a witch burner and/or acapulco gold. Learn me about them dudes. MOAR DIRT. MOAR RIFFS.

I know nothing about the WB but I love the AG and everyone who hears it/uses it agrees.

Good to know - I've not been able to find a ton of firsthand opinions of it. Part of me wants to get a clone made with a gain knob for a little bit more versatility, and in hopes of running it with some grit and hitting it with the Pharaoh for +420 weedriff points. How's the pedal do with being stacked in stock form?

I'm having a Meathead clone built with a "gain knob" that's nothing but a big footswitchable passive volume knob going into the fuzz, so I can back off on it without futzing with my guitar volume. My original thought was to do that for an AG. I'll let you know how it goes. I also sing, so I don't like to have to do extra stuff with my hands while I play. I imagine, I'd back off the gain on an AG and run it into a Pharaoh than the other way around. The crunchy Muffs like to go last.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby pelliott » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm

t-rey wrote:PSA for you dudes - harman is blowing out Boneshakers for $39 with free shipping in the US. I've got one headed my way, because for $39 there's no excuse. Get on it yall.

WOW. Good find. Thanks for the heads up! Ordered.

Also:

In the Company of Serpents's newest is fucking killer. Lots of YOB and Eagle Twin-y characteristics that I am just loving.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Pelliot! And credit to DoS for pointing me toward the deal the other day.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 pm

maggot wrote:I'm having a Meathead clone built with a "gain knob" that's nothing but a big footswitchable passive volume knob going into the fuzz, so I can back off on it without futzing with my guitar volume. My original thought was to do that for an AG. I'll let you know how it goes. I also sing, so I don't like to have to do extra stuff with my hands while I play. I imagine, I'd back off the gain on an AG and run it into a Pharaoh than the other way around. The crunchy Muffs like to go last.

Definitely let me know how that works out if you to that route dude. Yeah I tend to like boosting muffs as well, but it would be rad if the AG acted more like an amp being hit with the muff though.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fever606 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 pm

fallen wrote:A box of new amp knobs arrived today so i get to fix up my Acoustic 270 which has one missing knob, a broken knob and a missing EQ slider. I'm guessing once I see the new knobs on there that I might be tempted to replace all of them after all... we will see how well the new knobs match up with the originals.

Mind Shari g where you got those from? I just picked up a 140 that is otherwise pretty clean but has a couple of janky knobs (and is missing the cable coily things on the back)...
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fallen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:48 pm

fever606 wrote:
fallen wrote:A box of new amp knobs arrived today so i get to fix up my Acoustic 270 which has one missing knob, a broken knob and a missing EQ slider. I'm guessing once I see the new knobs on there that I might be tempted to replace all of them after all... we will see how well the new knobs match up with the originals.

Mind Shari g where you got those from? I just picked up a 140 that is otherwise pretty clean but has a couple of janky knobs (and is missing the cable coily things on the back)...

I got them from Allied Electronics but it turns out I misread the dimensions somehow and the two replacement knobs I got look perfect but are 25% bigger than the originals.

These look right but are way too big: https://ca-en.alliedelec.com/electronic ... /70206993/

I'll probably order these next to see if they match up better but who knows: https://ca-en.alliedelec.com/electronic ... /70206982/

The actual knobs are 40 years old so it would be easiest to just buy a whole set and replace them all.
fallen

committed
committed

Postby conky » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:06 pm

Just scored a MIJ Boss BF2 Flanger for cheap. Gonna get my Cure on. Anyone use one of these things? I haven't played with a flanger in about 20 years and all I did then we're jet plane noises.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:10 pm

conky wrote:Just scored a MIJ Boss BF2 Flanger for cheap. Gonna get my Cure on. Anyone use one of these things? I haven't played with a flanger in about 20 years and all I did then we're jet plane noises.

i bet chank fucking loves it. he loves flange. plus purple? close to pink.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:17 am

conky wrote:Just scored a MIJ Boss BF2 Flanger for cheap. Gonna get my Cure on. Anyone use one of these things? I haven't played with a flanger in about 20 years and all I did then we're jet plane noises.

I've got one.
I usually use it as a chorus or for that warped vibrato/flanger sound TVL used when playing the intro to Stuck On You while touring with Failure.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org