The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby ShaunNecro » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Opened up for Jucifer two nights ago, went rather well for not being able to hear each other from lack of monitors. Honestly was not much less louder than Jucifer despite their enormous setup.
Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Those Maulers look sick.

Do Jucifer still live in their massive van?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaunNecro » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:35 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Those Maulers look sick.

Do Jucifer still live in their massive van?

Thank you! I got some compliments on them at the show as well.

Yep, they still basically live in there. Pretty much spent the entire show in there.
Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Their massive setup doesn't make those Maulers look any less huge and awesome
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby louderthangod » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 am

Jäke wrote:
conky wrote:Image

NGD :!!!:

Whoa. Wow. I'ma channel the old Stonerock.com forum for a second...

Can I have it?

The good ol' days.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby fallen » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Food for thought, doom room version. Matamp GT120s are going for around $4000 CAD or more on Reverb... meanwhile I can order a new one direct from Matamp for around $2200 CAD...

Should I start investing in Matamps? Sell them off one by one after I retire??
fallen

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:04 pm

fallen wrote:Food for thought, doom room version. Matamp GT120s are going for around $4000 CAD or more on Reverb... meanwhile I can order a new one direct from Matamp for around $2200 CAD...

Should I start investing in Matamps? Sell them off one by one after I retire??

Sounds more solid than any other retirement plan based on a traditional economic approach to me. :thumb:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Hope all is well with you dudes. I'm getting back into gear mongering and kind of need a witch burner and/or acapulco gold. Learn me about them dudes. MOAR DIRT. MOAR RIFFS.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rickenbastard » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:22 pm

t-rey wrote:Hope all is well with you dudes. I'm getting back into gear mongering and kind of need a witch burner and/or acapulco gold. Learn me about them dudes. MOAR DIRT. MOAR RIFFS.

I know nothing about the WB but I love the AG and everyone who hears it/uses it agrees.
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:24 pm

rickenbastard wrote:
t-rey wrote:Hope all is well with you dudes. I'm getting back into gear mongering and kind of need a witch burner and/or acapulco gold. Learn me about them dudes. MOAR DIRT. MOAR RIFFS.

I know nothing about the WB but I love the AG and everyone who hears it/uses it agrees.

Good to know - I've not been able to find a ton of firsthand opinions of it. Part of me wants to get a clone made with a gain knob for a little bit more versatility, and in hopes of running it with some grit and hitting it with the Pharaoh for +420 weedriff points. How's the pedal do with being stacked in stock form?
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 pm

t-rey wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:

Good to know - I've not been able to find a ton of firsthand opinions of it. Part of me wants to get a clone made with a gain knob for a little bit more versatility, and in hopes of running it with some grit and hitting it with the Pharaoh for +420 weedriff points. How's the pedal do with being stacked in stock form?

I wasn't crazy about using the gain knob, myself. It's a very square-wave-y distortion.
It doesn't really stack well in that the distortion takes over everything. Although, if you use EQ before it, it really changes the character (I liked bumping the mids before going into the AG).
But, it's nice hitting another overdrive/fuzz/distortion/dirty amp in the right context (I know that the other guitarist I play with wasn't crazy about using it to hit his Orange).
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Touche. So dialing back the gain a bit and then hitting it with things - like a Catalinbread DLS/all the other amp-in-a-box pedals isn't really an option....hmmmm. Still probably want one for the burly fuzztortion thing though.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 am

No firsthand experience, but every demo I've heard of the AG makes it sound very much like a fuller voiced D+. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to get a sound like that one. I'm also biased since I'm in love with that KWC guitar sound, which early on was a broken Ross Distortion/D+. Although Conk loves his Witch Burner IIRC. Just my 1 cent (it's not even worth 2 lol).

Edit: While I'm on here, I'm also in the market for a "fuzz" fuzz. I've run all over with fuzzy distortions and overdrives, but I've settled on the BB Preamp, which is definitely not fuzzy. Looking for something blown out sounding, liking the sounds of the DOD Carcosa and EQD Dirt Transmitter. If anybody has any experience with those or similar suggestions I'd love to be pushed back into GAS mode.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:44 am

HeavyXIII wrote:No firsthand experience, but every demo I've heard of the AG makes it sound very much like a fuller voiced D+.

Yes. This. Completely.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby conky » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 pm

:hello:

The Witchburner will never leave my board. This video only shows one setting not long after I got it, but it'll do so much more. I jammed with my old math metal band awhile back getting ready for a reunion show and it turned the low input of my JMP into a djent heavy mutherfucker. Tons of tones in that pedal and it stacks well with any dirt I've tried it with so far. Never tried the AG, but the demos all sound great. A few buddies have one and they all say it doesn't stack with most things. Gonna grab one for myself one day.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org