Let's see your AMP!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

that is a stunning amp.

The cabinet work is outstanding,

have any gut shots?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:that is a stunning amp.

have any gut shots?

No gut shots man...but it sounds absolutely stunning too!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 am

samzadgan wrote:

have any gut shots?

How do you like going from your big matamp to this little one? Or is it just a home/playing out with others thing?
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:43 pm

PeteeBee wrote:
samzadgan wrote:

have any gut shots?

How do you like going from your big matamp to this little one? Or is it just a home/playing out with others thing?

Still have the matamp...but this is mainly for home...i have to say man, it sounds phenomenal.

the tones are similar, maybe a little more raspy...but sounds amazing with pedal, especially fuzz...and cleans are great. I'm actually recording a lot with it and the mic'd up sound is as big as the matamp for sure. I think the combination of circuit with the speaker (Weber blue dog) has a lot to do with it too, but that's what JC at ToeTags already had in it, and i wasn't gonna argue with that!

samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jamesmikelly » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:38 pm

NSFW: show

Hidden because the picture is giant. Today I traded in some stuff that I hadn't touched in years to a local shop and walked out with this 67 Twin; and slightly worse scoliosis.
jamesmikelly

committed
committed

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 am

jamesmikelly wrote:

Hidden because the picture is giant. Today I traded in some stuff that I hadn't touched in years to a local shop and walked out with this 67 Twin; and slightly worse scoliosis.

:drool: old beat up twins are so tight

samzadgan wrote:
PeteeBee wrote:
samzadgan wrote:

have any gut shots?

Still have the matamp...but this is mainly for home...i have to say man, it sounds phenomenal.

the tones are similar, maybe a little more raspy...but sounds amazing with pedal, especially fuzz...and cleans are great. I'm actually recording a lot with it and the mic'd up sound is as big as the matamp for sure. I think the combination of circuit with the speaker (Weber blue dog) has a lot to do with it too, but that's what JC at ToeTags already had in it, and i wasn't gonna argue with that!

That's awesome. I love that. I'm more and more convinced that there is no perfect amp for everything, but the right two or three is probably all I would ever need. Sounds like you have it figured out!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:34 am

PeteeBee wrote:That's awesome. I love that. I'm more and more convinced that there is no perfect amp for everything, but the right two or three is probably all I would ever need. Sounds like you have it figured out!

yeah man...forget about THE amp...i think 2 to 3 amps is realistic...and potentially a backup to your gigging amp. Its taken ages man and lots of buying and selling...but I've basically landed at the Matamp for my main amp and the Toetags as my home amp. I also have have Orange TV200 and an Acoustic 150...but they serve as back up and an amp for my Synth...i could easily live with the Matamp and Toetag.

samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jamesmikelly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am

PeteeBee wrote:
jamesmikelly wrote:

:drool: old beat up twins are so tight

It's rad as hell and it's so old it actually has mids! I'm off today so I'm running every dirt pedal I own to find out what my new rig is going to be. I've never had a master volume amp before and put my supachan into the twin on 2. Shelves we're rattling. I love it.
jamesmikelly

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:25 am

jamesmikelly wrote:

Legendary score
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Sardocasm » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Image

What a badass setup.
Last edited by Sardocasm on Thu May 10, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sardocasm

committed
committed

Postby ummohyeah » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 pm

OldGeorge wrote:The new rig! 69 Sceptre through an original staggered 412 with the old transducers and the newly aquired Emperor loaded with 2 Jensen 10"s and 2 Heppner organ 15"s. The low wattage hinders a little but the 2 cabs makes it up a little in the volume dept.

I love it, my neighbors hate me! :thumb:

Awesome man! I dig it.

Question for you: I have a Sunn Sonic I (basically 200S I think @ 40W), it does just fine with a bigass 1x12 Sunn cab I have. I want to switch to an Orange 2x12 and the Sceptre (which is 60w right?). How do you think it will do?
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby imJonWain » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Is that an AOR 30 or 50? what'd you end up getting/asking for it?

Errant Tiger wrote:Cleaner:
IMG-7570.JPG

Dirtier:
IMG-7569.JPG

On the way out:
IMG-7571.JPG
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby OldGeorge » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:47 pm

ummohyeah wrote:Awesome man! I dig it.

Question for you: I have a Sunn Sonic I (basically 200S I think @ 40W), it does just fine with a bigass 1x12 Sunn cab I have. I want to switch to an Orange 2x12 and the Sceptre (which is 60w right?). How do you think it will do?

What year or power tubes are in your Sonic? The Sceptre, Solarus, 190, and 200 all have extremely similar tone stacks with different power tubes. The Sceptre and Solarus just have the addition of the tremolo and reverb (post 70 with a mid boost switch).

Mine is roughly 60-80w(?) with 2 kt88s, with it cranked I keep up with my buddies AOR 100 without issues. 212 wouldn't be an issue. I plugged into an orange 412 once and it sounded damn fine. Keep open for an affordable Solarus, it's the same amp
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby ummohyeah » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:14 am

My Sonic I is a '67. Thanks for the input. If I want more knobs on the amp and want to push a 2x12 a little bit more what would you recommend?
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby OldGeorge » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am

The Sceptre or Solarus if you're looking in the 60-80w range with 6550s or KT88s are great heads for tube. Concert or Betas are great for solid state. 2000s or model t if you got the cash and want something seriously big. Best thing I can recommend is play a ton of different amps/cab combinations. The more that's available the better... don't count out Bassman 100s or showmans, either silver or black face. They have a ton of character and you can find them everywhere. They are seriously great pedal heads and will do anything you need.
OldGeorge

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear