FORM2 Sale - June 9th 11PM CET

Moderator: Pladask

Re: FORM2 Sale - June 9th 11PM CET

Postby shikawkee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 pm

cbm wrote:I'm really excited. I managed to snag one of these, after failing mightily with the Fabrikat. The lesson I take from this is that setting an alarm, then obsessively refreshing your browser in the seconds before launch pays off!

Congrats! That's weird, I did the same but it didn't help. Enjoy!!
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cbm » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 pm

I was apparently first in the queue, but there was a PayPal glitch, and things broke a little with the site so it didn't go through. They got back to me so I could complete the transaction. I probably would have been about as happy with the smaller Fabrikat, but these look really nice, and hey… eight extra algorithms.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:11 pm

cbm wrote:I was apparently first in the queue, but there was a PayPal glitch, and things broke a little with the site so it didn't go through. They got back to me so I could complete the transaction. I probably would have been about as happy with the smaller Fabrikat, but these look really nice, and hey… eight extra algorithms.

yeah, hopefully I can gran a Fabrikat later this summer but I did grab a Zellersasn so that might hold me for a bit <g>.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cbm » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:05 am

shikawkee wrote:
cbm wrote:I was apparently first in the queue, but there was a PayPal glitch, and things broke a little with the site so it didn't go through. They got back to me so I could complete the transaction. I probably would have been about as happy with the smaller Fabrikat, but these look really nice, and hey… eight extra algorithms.

yeah, hopefully I can gran a Fabrikat later this summer but I did grab a Zellersasn so that might hold me for a bit <g>.

There was an "add to basket" button when I got the email on the 856, but it was gone when I went to checkout. So a strange symmetry between us.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:21 am

cbm wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

There was an "add to basket" button when I got the email on the 856, but it was gone when I went to checkout. So a strange symmetry between us.

Indeed! I had the Form 2 in my cart but it wouldn't let me check out! It told me to check back in an hour. Heh. Yeah right!! We'll have to report on both.

Lots of great tools being made by great builders that's for sure. I think Henry got a Zellersasn too.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bacegchsbis » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 am

I managed to grab one! Might end up trading my Fabrikat once this gets here.

It looks like the time zone thing threw a ton of people off. That second email time zone email definitely confused me so I made sure to triple check everything. Seems like a lot of people don’t realize that Norway is in daylight savings (CEST as opposed to CET).
bacegchsbis

involved
involved

Postby shikawkee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 am

bacegchsbis wrote:I managed to grab one! Might end up trading my Fabrikat once this gets here.

It looks like the time zone thing threw a ton of people off. That second email time zone email definitely confused me so I made sure to triple check everything. Seems like a lot of people don’t realize that Norway is in daylight savings (CEST as opposed to CET).

Exactly. It was 4PM CST instead of 5PM (as the interweb thought it was <g>). If you want to unload the Fabrikat please keep me in mind.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:58 am

I missed out on even trying for a Fabrikat because I didn't check the time difference properly, so this time I was refreshing like mad, I shut down every other page too, just in case it helped speed things up, and the second the Form2 appeared I added it to my cart and then filled in the forms like crazy :)

As others have said, by the time I hit Paypal it was already too late (11:02).

TBH it was more than I ought to be spending, so I'm not that fussed that I missed out - I'll see if I can pick up a Fabrikat when the next batch is available.

As mentioned elsewhere I cheered myself up by buying an EHX 8 Step Program, so I'll be having fun seeing what it works with and hopefully not blowing anything up.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby worra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Excited that I got one of these. Can't wait to hear people's experiences once they start arriving.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Who sells loaded FV-1s? Need to load up that 4th bank.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pladask » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Managed to muck up the time of the sale somehow :/ so sorry guys. As for loaded fv-1 chips there are many programs available in the spinsemi forum. Quite easy to compile them into hex files and upload them to a ROM chip (24LC32A)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Thanks for the tip.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cbm » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm afraid I was partially responsible for the time zone confusion. I was confused stemming from the use of CET vs. daylight savings time.At any rate I reached out for clarification, and the second email was sent.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby publicfig » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:14 am

I missed out due to timezones for the second time (both my fault due to the fact that I'm an idiot). Oh well. I was hoping just to get one and trade it for a Fabrikat anyway, cos I don't see a whole lot of people with them trading for much else. :lol:
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:54 pm

I see that one version of the Form2 manual mentions a programming procedure document for that 4th bank. Is that document available to us somewhere?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk