The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby oscillateur » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 am

adm307 wrote:I just finished as much as I feel like doing in BoTW right now. This might sound a little ridiculous, but I honestly think this game is a little too big. It’s overwhelming!

I’m tryna get suggestions for what to play on the Switch next. If anyone knows of any sleeper titles, let me know. I’m super into rogue-likes and rpg’s for the most part.

Darkest Dungeon. It's cheaper on PC but I like it on the Switch (because I don't have much PC time)...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:27 am

jesus christ.
never played dark souls but started playing bloodborne. shit man. so fun but hard.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby adm307 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 am

oscillateur wrote:Darkest Dungeon. It's cheaper on PC but I like it on the Switch (because I don't have much PC time)...

Is this the one where you gotta maintain your party’s sanity through it all? I vaguely remember seeing hype around it on steam. I’ll peep it for sure! Also might be checking out Axiom Verge.

odontophobia wrote:jesus christ.
never played dark souls but started playing bloodborne. shit man. so fun but hard.

I got stuck on the 4th boss of that game and haven’t gone back. I get ridiculed regularly for not “gitin gud”
adm307

involved
involved

Postby codetocontra » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 pm

adm307 wrote:I just finished as much as I feel like doing in BoTW right now. This might sound a little ridiculous, but I honestly think this game is a little too big. It’s overwhelming!

Don't know how far you are but I remember that overwhelming feeling started to diminish as I levelled up and acquired new abilities and fast travel spots.

I don't have desire to now level up my armor after finishing it. Would love more story DLC.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adm307 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:42 pm

codetocontra wrote:Don't know how far you are but I remember that overwhelming feeling started to diminish as I levelled up and acquired new abilities and fast travel spots.

I don't have desire to now level up my armor after finishing it. Would love more story DLC.

I put in about 60 hours. Beat the main storyline, only did about half the shrines though. I just need a break from it. I get annoyed searching out all the shrines and I haven’t really found any side quests I’ve enjoyed yet. (Though I do want to get the house soon.)
adm307

involved
involved

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Breath of the Wild has landed.

Everyone, it's been fun, but my people need me. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm

^^^ Such a great game ^^^

I picked up Bloodborne again. I got it a while ago but it frustrated me too much to even get past the first boss. Guess I didn't "git gud", haha! Then, a week ago or so, I had a friend over and he wanted to play it (he had tried it once when he was too stoned to function). It got us both hooked (plus another friend that arrived a day later). So now we each have our own character and we've been alternating on which character to progress with and trying different builds, approaches, gear and routes, and it's been the most fun I've had with a game in years! Good stuff!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Bloodborne is one of the GOATs, though maybe not quite as good as the first Dark Souls. There're only one or two boss fights that I feel are really dumb, but you'll only run into them if you go for the platinum.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:23 am

Forgot to brag about my first chicken dinner playing solo PUBG (xbox) this past week. I don't play often enough to claim I am really good at the game. Just had a good run of looting, made good choices on where to go, and received a lot of luck with the final circles. Only had 2 kills but wasn't for lack of trying to get a few others.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Any of you doods who liked LSD Dream Emulator, have you heard of this?

I played the prototype versions of this and it's p. sweet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:37 am

Night in the Woods is raaaad y'all
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:30 pm

adm307 wrote:Also might be checking out Axiom Verge.

pls report back how you like it if you go with this. Not rogue-like or RPG, but I highly also recommend Splatoon if you like shooters at all. That one's taken way more of my time than I ever anticipated, and I don't regret a second of it.
Also I just scooped Doom for Switch, and the beginning was awesome, I'd never played any Doom titles before. But now I'm pretty much maxed out with all the premium games I care to buy until DK & Hyrule Warriors next month. Might also cop that Dark Souls, but I intermittently watched my roommate play 1 & 3 over the last 6 months & I'm not sure I'm down for that kind of humiliation :lol:

worra wrote:Night in the Woods is raaaad y'all
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby brian m » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Since my son was born 3.5 years ago I've had zero time for gaming. It took me a year to finish fallout 4, which was actually kind of boring. Then I played wasteland 2 (original wasteland was my fave from the 8bit era) and that took nearly a year as well.

I finally got work down to a manageable number of hours and my son has been letting me sleep at night lately. Right before he was born I finished Dishonored, and I just picked up Dishonored 2. Liking it so far.

I really have no idea what games are out now. I really want a mindless shooter where I can just blow everything up with a decent single player campaign, but everything like that seems to be multiplayer now.
brian m

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:57 pm

brian m wrote:I really want a mindless shooter where I can just blow everything up with a decent single player campaign, but everything like that seems to be multiplayer now.

Try the rebooted Wolfensteins if you have PS4/XB1. The first one is ace.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby brian m » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:10 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
brian m wrote:I really want a mindless shooter where I can just blow everything up with a decent single player campaign, but everything like that seems to be multiplayer now.

Try the rebooted Wolfensteins if you have PS4/XB1. The first one is ace.

Is this different than the wolfenstein on xbox360 from years ago? I played part way through that one and didn't care for it. (don't remember why.)
brian m

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion