r.i.p Anthony Bourdain

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: r.i.p Anthony Bourdain

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 am

Six of the top 10 selling books on Amazon right now are Bordain's.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 am

well, as Jimi Hendrix once said, "once you're dead, you're set for life."
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Faldoe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Inconuucl wrote:Man, I don't think a celebrity death has impacted me this much since Robin Williams, he lead such a good life and open me up to so many great food cultures with his amazing tone and openness.

Depression is underestimated. Please take care of yourselves, friends. :hug:

Agreed. Robin Williams was a hard one to stomach. This is too. There is an additional hurt cause my late father really love Bourdain’s show and watched it religiously.
Faldoe

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:46 pm

popvulture wrote:I've heard some absolutely ludicrous theories already. My advice would be to not seek them out unless you want to be further convinced of people's shockingly potent stupidity.

He was fantastic. I'll be bummed about this one for a good long while.

Now what would those theories be?
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:08 pm

JereFuzz wrote:
popvulture wrote:I've heard some absolutely ludicrous theories already. My advice would be to not seek them out unless you want to be further convinced of people's shockingly potent stupidity.

From what I've seen, that Bourdain was killed for having dirt on Clinton, that he owed money to the Triads and they tracked him down, that Hollywood boogiemen/Illuminati did it for his role in exposing the sexual assaults, and that Putin/Xi Jinping/<dictator> killed him and made it look like a suicide for his criticisms of Russia/China/Banana Republics and other dictatorships. Because never mind the fact that he was extremely outspoken about his depression and mental health.

Maybe this is just how some of them cope? Likely it's a bunch of whackjobs being whackjobs.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:

From what I've seen, that Bourdain was killed for having dirt on Clinton, that he owed money to the Triads and they tracked him down, that Hollywood boogiemen/Illuminati did it for his role in exposing the sexual assaults, and that Putin/Xi Jinping/<dictator> killed him and made it look like a suicide for his criticisms of Russia/China/Banana Republics and other dictatorships. Because never mind the fact that he was extremely outspoken about his depression and mental health.

Maybe this is just how some of them cope? Likely it's a bunch of whackjobs being whackjobs.

YouTube clicks for $$$; the problem is that people ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:23 am

Bassist_Diver wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:

I heard Courtney Love hired a hit.

Ok, in all seriousness, he seems like a good guy that purposefully went out of his way to show pockets of the world. His shows were more informative about the history of a culture than dusty old textbooks. Really seemed like he had a finger on the pulse of everything in life and anywhere he went he became the most interesting person in the room. I would purposefully avoid his shows sometimes when I really needed to go to sleep, knowing that if I watched more than 10 seconds then I would stay awake until the end.

What bothers me is that suicide is apparently something you don't grow out of, like Robin Williams and Chris Cornell.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:41 am

codetocontra wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:

... suicide is apparently something you don't grow out of, like Robin Williams and Chris Cornell.

Well ........... I would agree, reminds me of a classic gw bush quote: “I think we can agree, the past is over”
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:48 am

"Suicide as an option" Does that sound better?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 am

I mean, it changes with everyone. The people who you've listed were all exposed to very trying and very abrasive lifestyles. There are multiple fountainheads for suicidal ideation, it's a complex issue.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:03 am

codetocontra wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:

I heard Courtney Love hired a hit.

Ok, in all seriousness, he seems like a good guy that purposefully went out of his way to show pockets of the world. His shows were more informative about the history of a culture than dusty old textbooks. Really seemed like he had a finger on the pulse of everything in life and anywhere he went he became the most interesting person in the room. I would purposefully avoid his shows sometimes when I really needed to go to sleep, knowing that if I watched more than 10 seconds then I would stay awake until the end.

What bothers me is that suicide is apparently something you don't grow out of, like Robin Williams and Chris Cornell.

:yay: I knew exactly what you meant but I had a good laugh from the wording. Btw, I’m known for verbal gaffs. The best types are the spoonerisms. Transposing words/letters. That’s one fart smeller ...
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 am

Inconuucl wrote:I mean, it changes with everyone. The people who you've listed were all exposed to very trying and very abrasive lifestyles. There are multiple fountainheads for suicidal ideation, it's a complex issue.

Do you think materialism is a big factor? Suicides have been going up since ‘99. The materialist conception of the universe will inevitably give way to nihilism. Once nihilism takes hold it doesn’t let go.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:21 am

codetocontra wrote:"Suicide as an option" Does that sound better?

Not if you are slayer:

JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:21 am

JereFuzz wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:I mean, it changes with everyone. The people who you've listed were all exposed to very trying and very abrasive lifestyles. There are multiple fountainheads for suicidal ideation, it's a complex issue.

Do you think materialism is a big factor? Suicides have been going up since ‘99. The materialist conception of the universe will inevitably give way to nihilism. Once nihilism takes hold it doesn’t let go.

I think that's part of it. Recessions are tied to this, as well, so you've got the Dot Com bust and the 07 Recession in there as well.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 am

D.o.S. wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:

I think that's part of it. Recessions are tied to this, as well, so you've got the Dot Com bust and the 07 Recession in there as well.

Yes ... it hasn’t been good since the dot com bust ... and if your identity is tied to your economic standing you will be lost
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion