Reverse Octave Up (aka The Legend Of BAKVENDT)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Reverse Octave Up

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:39 pm

For sure! Thank you. Ill make sure the cash is set aside. My bad for missing it earlier. Theres no wait list I should be on is there?
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Pladask wrote:I'm thinking ~160 USD + shipping. Sticker finish, relay bypass. Layout will be similar to a Malekko Diabolik but with top mounted jacks.

Thoughts? Parts cost ~40 USD. If there's a lot of interest (more than 15 units) we could probably reduce the price some.

Oops. Well I'll leave it up since hopefully more new people will be coming to see and get down.

He said no list atm, but I'm sure it'll happen as the project moves along. :joy:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 am

Absolute interest in this, as well!!!!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby emcee_m_prime » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:44 am

I'm interested as well
emcee_m_prime

involved
involved

Postby Pladask » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:07 am

Hey dudz
So I have a prototype of the code up and running. Fun to play around with! Having some trouble balancing the volumes due to the "equal-loudness contour" but will figure something out. May need a volume ctrl -.- More info soon-ish

Edit:
Also had the idea to include two feedback options to expand the functionality:
Center/Noon = zero feedback
Towards MIN = direct feedback (reverse/forward with ascending octave)
Towards MAX = looping feedback (no re-synthesis stuff going on)
Last edited by Pladask on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:27 am

Pladask wrote:Hey dudz
So I have a prototype of the code up and running. Fun to play around with! Having some trouble balancing the volumes due to the "equal-loudness contour" but will figure something out. May need a volume ctrl -.- More info soon-ish

Fantastisk! Yeah, a volume control might be a smart thing.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Edit:

If prototype code is up and running... would it possible to have a brief (barebones) video/audio to illustrate how it does what it does?
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm

I think the two options for feedback is a fantastic idea, I'm sold!

:joy:

I know keeping it simple is the goal but I like delays with volume control too for sure. You're the doc Doc ;) if it needs a volume I'll still buy one :thumb:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby OldGeorge » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Edit:

The edit sounds like a perfect control. Just out of curiosity would the volume be a direct volume or more of a mix/blend control?
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby Pladask » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:41 am

Will try recording a short snippet tomorrow. Volume would be a master volume for the pedal. Will see how it goes..
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:57 am

I got my Fabrikat yesterday and, if this is anything similar to some of the patches on there, I'd say the master volume control is helpful and the feedback control sounds like a fantastic addition.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Quick update:
1. Pedal needs a volume control which means I have to design a new PCB + more components which means I have to up the price some.
2. Since I have to draw up a new board for this I figured I might as well throw in a switch to select octave to increase the value. -1 Octave, Regular pitch, +1 Octave.
3. TIME knob has two functions; 0-50% = increase delay time up to 1 second. 50-100% = do granular time stretch from regular speed to freeze
4. REPETAS knob has two functions; 50-0% = Direct feedback (ascending pitch). 50-100% = Looping feedback with stable pitch
5. Still no sound demo. Will try again next week
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Pladask wrote:Quick update:
1. Pedal needs a volume control which means I have to design a new PCB + more components which means I have to up the price some.
2. Since I have to draw up a new board for this I figured I might as well throw in a switch to select octave to increase the value. -1 Octave, Regular pitch, +1 Octave.
3. TIME knob has two functions; 0-50% = increase delay time up to 1 second. 50-100% = do granular time stretch from regular speed to freeze
4. REPETAS knob has two functions; 50-0% = Direct feedback (ascending pitch). 50-100% = Looping feedback with stable pitch

Sounds reasonable. A-okay with me.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Fuck yes. Want. :love: :drool:

Sounds great.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Pladask wrote:Quick update:

:thumb:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear