· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Do-it-yourself pedal building

Forum rules

The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!
Post a reply

Order flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't get the little grey wires on the fx switches.....why are they there?

Re: Order flipper

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Upper switches look like bypass (I nest the order switcher AFTER bypass when I employ it).

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:43 pm

But why the little greys running horizontal on the bypass switches? They seem redundant to me and I want to use a bi-colour LED.

Do you have a layout image Curt for what you use?

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Oh shit, I hadn't noticed those.

I agree, they appear to serve no function. Here's a pic of some build notes that employ the order switcher:

"RED" & "BLUE" refer to the LED color, the LED being a two leg bi-color (note the feed from 50% Vcc, actual point is different because the blue is brighter than the red when fed the same, but anyway...

Gain 2 pre-out is treated as input and output is marked.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:12 pm

This what I've used but pedals instead of send and return. And then standard 3pdt switching for each effect.
Attachments
6Ar8ZKpR43pvh-G3f8EOEzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpg
6Ar8ZKpR43pvh-G3f8EOEzl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpg (58.8 KiB) Viewed 4706 times

Tue May 01, 2018 10:45 am

Thanks guys.

Looks like I'm better off with two LEDs than a bicolour. Damn, I already drilled a hole dead centre.

Tue May 01, 2018 12:42 pm

You can buy three legged bi-color and electrically treat it in the manner above.

Tue May 01, 2018 2:35 pm

I'm using a 3pdt toggle for my order flipper though. I think I've worked out a way to do it using the 3pdt fx switches.

EDIT: No I haven't....I need 3 states - one for A, one for B and one for A+B....so a tri-colour LED, which I have but I don't think there's a way to do it with this unless 2 colours in the LED mix to produce a 3rd?
Last edited by Ben79 on Tue May 01, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 01, 2018 2:40 pm

2xMillenium bypass.. :lol:

I'd like to see it. I did a lot of research when I was looking to do my first percolator and they were all 3pdt with no illumination or 4pdt with..

Tue May 01, 2018 4:33 pm

With something like a toggle, it's either one way or the other...easily visually distinguishable which mod/order you're using.
With a foot switch, you can't tell which mode/order it's in visually, and a another led or multi-mode led would benefit.
Might not have been what you planned for to begin with, but as long as you wire each effect so that the toggle "points" to the appropriate one...

Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am

The horizontal lines are a bit strange but the only thing wrong with it is that it wastes wire. If you already wired it up then there is no good reason to change it. I think it was copied and changed from another image floating around by someone who removed something but forgot to remove the jumper.

Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah it's all wired up now.
Thanks EYG.
Post a reply