B.o.S. builds a .. Rando winter build part 2..

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: B.o.S. builds a .. Ringu-moduru!

Postby Jero » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:48 pm

It's really a shame all knobs aren't created equal

One good thing about living in a smaller town, that still has a local mom &pop hardware store...whilst perusing, I stumbled on a few small drawers of various Daka ware and Davies knobs. Not cheap, however.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: B.o.S. builds a .. Vibrochamp Combo

Postby Scruffie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Jero wrote:Dude you are not helping my gas for a smaller diy tube amp...AT ALL :lol:

:erm:
DSC01308.JPG

DSC01268.JPG
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Re: B.o.S. builds a .. Vibrochamp Combo

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:26 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Boxed my stripboard Corruptor, put in the straight square wave toggle since the Fuzz is kind of brutal. Fredrik helped me with a volume trimmer, the Fuzz only mode was way louder than ring mod..

Yeah the enclosure is hideous, but pink sparkles.

Nice! Think I'm stuffing my enclosure today and just reminded myself to etch your board....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 pm

You the man!
Last edited by BetterOffShred on Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Got my CV generator board and corruptor 3.0 board from Fredrik.. really excited on both, separately and together. I'm excited to play around with CV controls on a few things, including the built in sequencer on my Copilot Polypus Supreme.

Got a couple of builds planned for a couple guys so I will be tackling that too.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:26 pm

I messed around with a high value (B1M) pot as a feedback loop between the in and out on my prototype super muff... It's pretty cool. I kind of like the functionality and ability to tune in some bweebwee oscillation and arpegiated drone decay... need to tweak it a little more but it seems totally useful and fun.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ben79 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am

Nice, I got the Frog going today and am about to tackle finding good points for creating a usable feedback loop in there. No pot planned but it might turn out to be necessary.

What do you mean by arpeggiated drone decay? Those glitchy low frequency square wave jumps you get in the decay of a note as it swings between the guitar and the oscillation signals?
Ben79

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 am

Yep. That's the one.. but it does like 5ths or 3rds or some shit as it decays out. It sounds dope. Kind of like the random number generator.

You bring up an interesting point ... I'd like to try maybe injecting the loop before the 741 stage and see how that changes things. My platform of inspiration was the way Tom did the Ab-synth.. It's totally a simple feedback loop and it sounds amazing. I may need to put maybe a 500k pot in series with a 200k or something just so it's never a straight loop.

It may be worth investigating it at as a momentary stomp with an "always on" toggle .. so you can turn it on with the toggle and dial in the noise you want, or just depress the momentary for bursts of glitching.

Please share what you come up with and try Ben, I'm very curious. :)

I'll update with what I find as well... currently I'm planning on using the tone bypass on a stomp.. but I don't usually actually use it that way, so maybe change that to a toggle and put the momentary glitch on a stomp.. I don't want 3 stomps on the device.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:59 pm

I went down a little rabbit hole today and looking at sea urchin/DBD builds .. I like the master volume one with tails.. anyone build one ever? I am a big fan of dialing in a nearly infinite repeat time so it will carry and then fooling around with other stuff over it, so the tails is a must. Just curious
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: B.o.S. builds a .. UC's painting technique attempt

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:51 pm

So I'm trying UC's painting technique here .. for a 4 knob delay. I got base coats on so far, and I'm finding it helps to let it dry fairly thoroughly. I'll put up more pics later when I get more coats. :)
Attachments
20180428_114845_crop_443x367.jpg
20180428_114845_crop_443x367.jpg (142.94 KiB) Viewed 5475 times
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:01 pm

I like :thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Yeah it's turning out pretty decent. I went to Wal-Mart to try to get Environex binary epoxy, but it's order only. I will probably be clear coating this with regular rattle clear since I'm Jonzing hard to get this thing going today.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Dude, that looks super sick! Really nice shade of pink and I love the gradient style! :rock:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks Man! It's that glow paint. Gradient with the purple.. which took a few applications. I'm going to start one today for the corruptor 3.0 board. Probably blue and green. I'll post pics.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:10 pm

I like the painting technique quite a bit, I'll have to buy a few more colors of acrylic and try some more flashy stuff... the 3.0 corruptor box is pretty cool. In hind sight maybe I should gnarly it up to make it look more corrupted ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects