U N F I N I S H E D projects

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: U N F I N I S H E D projects

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 am

crochambeau wrote:If they are passive network expression then no, you cannot connect them together without borrowing a lot of crosstalk (this is typically crippling, but once in a while an outlier crops up).

If they are connecting directly to the FV-1 IC then pot inputs divide a 3.3 volt ref and can be linked up as I described earlier (so long as only one 3.3v reference is tapped).

Interesting. Well that blows. There is NOT enough room in the enclosure for two jacks at all. I mean...maybe it I put one in the bottom of the pedal?

Here's the space I have to work with.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNKcKA2hpQ6 ... ashdesigns

I can't figure out how to post a straight pic.

I am assuming this is a relevant thing to this thread since it's an unfinished mod. :) lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 am

It looks like you have tons of room to work with, though I may have a skewed perception of working depth.

At the very least, it would be possible to drop a daughterboard assembly that provides Vref to the single jack, and then buffer splits the output so the two PCBs are not tied together at that node. I'm operating under the impression that my initial assessment of CV expression is accurate (meaning I may very well be wrong here).

Another option would be to replace the side mounted jack with some multi-pin (like a DB9) which has the upside of plugging that hole and the downside of requiring a custom cable.

...or an 1/8th inch jack for the inboard unit.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:19 am

You mean like a PC connection? That'd be odd but I like it! LOL!

1/8th....maybe...I kind of hate 1/8th adapters.

I like the idea of the daughter board but I love the idea of teh DB9.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby LaoWiz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Almost done, but not, so Unfinished. Hope to get this done over the weekend along with the 2 Error Machines. Also need to start debugging Kosta's Rocktave Divider which I've had for a year, keep working on my Triwatt, and all of the other pedals............. Will probably just keep continuing to learn Eagle though as I'm almost done with my first board.

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:20 am

Man, I want one of those. The jack etch is :thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 am

Jero wrote:Man, I want one of those. The jack etch is :thumb:

That's such a nice touch.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:58 pm

I really dislike etching the sides of enclosures but there's at least 2 inches height so had to do the jacks at least. My lady bought me an old Roland phaser so I took pics of the jacks, love those old designs...
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 am

LaoWiz wrote:I really dislike etching the sides of enclosures but there's at least 2 inches height so had to do the jacks at least. My lady bought me an old Roland phaser so I took pics of the jacks, love those old designs...

No way!! I immediately looked at my beebaa when I saw the etch the first time so I'd say you got it :cool:

Ps. Wanna etch me a face plate for my beebaa? It came sans logo.

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Jero wrote:
LaoWiz wrote:I really dislike etching the sides of enclosures but there's at least 2 inches height so had to do the jacks at least. My lady bought me an old Roland phaser so I took pics of the jacks, love those old designs...

No way!! I immediately looked at my beebaa when I saw the etch the first time so I'd say you got it :cool:

Ps. Wanna etch me a face plate for my beebaa? It came sans logo.

I could look into that. I've bought sheets of aluminum but nothing cut to exact size. Let me do some research. Would need to borrow the Bee Baa, of course, which would be amazing as I never played an original!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm

We should rap about this too.. I reached out to Jwar about a faceplate for my vibrochamp but I don't have any aluminum.. maybe you could recommend a source for it? I know trophy shops will screen print logos and shit onto your plate. .. maybe I just need to have one cut at a local specialty metals shop..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:We should rap about this too.. I reached out to Jwar about a faceplate for my vibrochamp but I don't have any aluminum.. maybe you could recommend a source for it? I know trophy shops will screen print logos and shit onto your plate. .. maybe I just need to have one cut at a local specialty metals shop..

I've only ordered from online metals before:

https://www.onlinemetals.com

But thinking about using this place:

https://www.cut2sizemetals.com/aluminum/sheet/ash/
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:07 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:We should rap about this too.. I reached out to Jwar about a faceplate for my vibrochamp but I don't have any aluminum.. maybe you could recommend a source for it? I know trophy shops will screen print logos and shit onto your plate. .. maybe I just need to have one cut at a local specialty metals shop..

LaoWiz wrote:
Jero wrote:Ps. Wanna etch me a face plate for my beebaa? It came sans logo.

I could look into that. I've bought sheets of aluminum but nothing cut to exact size. Let me do some research. Would need to borrow the Bee Baa, of course, which would be amazing as I never played an original!

Right on, no hurry. Just kind of spit ballin it out there. There's a place locally I'm going to have do some other stuff for me, and they also do signs/plaques. I might see what they'd charge me

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:50 pm

So, I moved this post here, because I think my scuffed Pixel clone will remain "unfinished" for a while.

pix.JPG
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Dat hard mode! :love:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Jero wrote:

LaoWiz wrote:
Jero wrote:Ps. Wanna etch me a face plate for my beebaa? It came sans logo.

Right on, no hurry. Just kind of spit ballin it out there. There's a place locally I'm going to have do some other stuff for me, and they also do signs/plaques. I might see what they'd charge me

Word up
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects