The Confessions Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Confessions Thread

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:27 pm

gnomethrone wrote:I went to the book store but instead of a book I bought a super ignorant slam metal record.

Trying to save face by not saying who? :poke:

:)
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:05 pm

It was Uterovaginal Insertion of Extirpated Anomolies by Cephalotripsy. Not gonna post the cover because its gross :lol:
I don't usually go for misogynistic neanderthal slamz but that record is just perfect and I'd never even seen it on vinyl before and it was twelve dollars. I already had a few books I need to finish, now I have books AND slams. I also picked up Pentastar by Earth. Half Price Books is my favorite chain bookstore. There are two close by my house and I always find cool stuff for super cheap.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Half Price Books is soooo good. Wish I still lived near one. :mope:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 pm

There's a HPB kitty-corner to my bus stop. I always loiter in there when it's raining and more often than not end up finding some treasure.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm applying for jobs in another country (Germany) and every time I get a good response, I get nervous breakdowns and I almost shit my pants, to the point that I wish I wouldn't be doing this =[

How the fuck do you deal with this feeling?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Lay off the fiber and eat a lot of processed food. That should clog you up and help you deal with your feeling without wrecking your trousers.
Or apply for the jobs on the toilet.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Lay off the fiber and eat a lot of processed food. That should clog you up and help you deal with your feeling without wrecking your trousers.
Or apply for the jobs on the toilet.

LMAO!!!

Thanks man! I will have your post in mind when I'm in the phone with them to keep my ass cool, I mean literally.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby the raytownian » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:42 pm

01010111 wrote:I’m beginning to think enormous modular setups are boring.

Edit: I’m beginning to think entirely modular setups are boring. A small setup to augment other things makes sense, but building a big system just to make a-tonal blips or derivative techno that could be made 10000x easier with a groovebox is really boring.

Even atmospheric glitch stuff is boring to me now. Like, it was the fucking shit back in 2008, but I’m not really feeling it ten years later.

I say this stuff knowing the stuff I make’s super derivative and boring too. A-tonal bleep bloops and atmospheric stuff using a modular system is like bluez-guitar for the modern age: everybody thinks it’s the shit and wants to do it.

:duck:

You are not alone. :duck: :duck:
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 am

I had dreams of Flying V's last night. I haven't had those kind of dreams since I was in middle school.
...I kind of want a Flying V now. rfurtkamp has purple one which is really cool.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:42 am

$harkToootth wrote:I had dreams of Flying V's last night. I haven't had those kind of dreams since I was in middle school.
...I kind of want a Flying V now. rfurtkamp has purple one which is really cool.

after looking at the pointy guitars thread, i catch myself always imagining whatever song i hear that has electric guitar playing as being a pointy guitar playing for whatever reason
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:48 am

Actually, I lost interest as soon as I wrote it down.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:56 am

i really want an Explorer. not because they look cool--i'm about as far from cool as you can get--but because i love the korina sound and i played one that was surprisingly comfortable, even when sitting down.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:09 am

$harkToootth wrote:I had dreams of Flying V's last night. I haven't had those kind of dreams since I was in middle school.

I had a Reverend Volcano years ago, which is their Flying V model. I really like it, it's the only one I've ever owned. It was light, comfortable to play, and it had an additional tone knob that was essentially the reverse of the traditional tone knob, it rolled off lows and tightened up the pickups to a kind of P90 sort of sound. I honestly for the life of me can't remember why I sold it. Probably to fund the purchase of some other instrument I've since sold and because it took up a lot of space and was kind of hard to play sitting down at home. They don't make them like that one anymore though, it was an amber tinted mahogany model, with a black pickguard and it looked way cool.

My wife is all stressed because my parents are visiting from California for 2 weeks. I think it's because I've had such a turbulent relationship with them over the years, but I used to work with them for the better part of 15 years. Having to only talk casually on the phone with them once in a while (and mostly talk about our kids) and see them once a year, I don't really have a problem. I normally don't get along well with my dad, but when the only time we spend together is eating dinner, going on excursions with the kids and doing low stakes home improvement projects, we get along fine. I also just don't really get easily offended or pissed off with him anymore, he's mellowing a bit in his old age and I know when to just let shit go or change the subject casually. So my wife is kind of winding up as she sees my dad kind of being manic around our house and I'm just laid back about things for once. I just let him do all the home improvement projects he wants, since he's buying everything and leaving tools behind most of the time. I also know how to distract/entertain him, because he likes crude standup about crazy stories. So I pretty much just queue up the This Is Not Happening playlist on Youtube. Having a very moody, belligerent toddler has taught me a lot about how to deal with my moody, belligerent father.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm

dubkitty wrote:i really want an Explorer. not because they look cool--i'm about as far from cool as you can get--but because i love the korina sound and i played one that was surprisingly comfortable, even when sitting down.

I have a black korina telecaster. It's the best.. birdseye maple neck. I love that guitar.

I'm not cool either. :no:

My cat and son think I'm cool
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:I have a black korina telecaster.

PICS
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion