The what ever thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The what ever thread...

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Hey, fellow USians,
let's just give Star Wars to Russia/Hungary/Poland/any other former Soviet country that wants it. They're clearly better at it....

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180129-the-star-wars-posters-of-soviet-europe

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:08 pm

:drool:

Hell yes! A lot of these look like posters for Jodorowsky's Dune ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm

I've been meaning to start a thread of Polish Composers and movie posters. Olin has similar interests in such things. Total Soviet fetishist here. Of my ideal "vacations" 1. The Arctic Circle 2. Antarctica 3. Space (not space exploration or 'future' things. I'm talking about stuff that we're capable of like experiencing zero gravity or that space jump that dude did) 4. Beijing BUT THEN 5. Chernobyl.

Of all the awesome gear that is coming out this year...I find I just want more "quirky" fuzz boxes for my arsenal. I'm retarded.
Like, oh boy the Geiger Counter Pro is a fully featured machine with lots of possibilities. What a great choice for $450 Vs. my goddamn brain -> "You know, for $450 I can score a couple of DBA Fuzzez (even though I think I own more fuzzezezez than most people own pedals :lol: )

Does anyone else have irrational gear acquisition habits (this excludes spending more money than you have. Don't put yourself in a financial pickle over gear.)? I would love to read about them.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:32 pm

that Geiger Counter could come in handy if you ever make it to Chernobyl :cool:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:46 pm

"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:21 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Does anyone else have irrational gear acquisition habits (this excludes spending more money than you have. Don't put yourself in a financial pickle over gear.)? I would love to read about them.

Yeah man I am also into the stuff that sounds broken on purpose, and I will plan stuff out and acquire parts for stuff I want to build.. but like 30 builds from now. I have two 7 foot tables full of parts in baggies for projects in the pipe.. none of it is necessarily unobtanium or anything. I just like to have it sitting there and ready.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Last edited by Chankgeez on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 pm

I don't think I articulated myself well. It's less about 'planning' by 'avoiding playing' rather 'apparitions of planing' or 'derivatives of planning'.
Or you take a cue from A and think "Okay...A" but then get "E".
Maybe I'm not explaining this well but to me there is a difference between 'Gear Acquisition Syndrome' VS 'Quirky Gear Acquisition Habits'
B.O.S. understood, I think.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm

OK, I've deleted my previous post. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Staaaalllkkkeeerrrrr

Travels in the Fuzz Zone of Exclusion
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 pm

I'm sorry Chank. I should delete my previous post too :cry:

Here is literally what happened in my stupid brain today:
1. Oh wow the Geiger Counter Pro looks cool. Lots of knobs, cool sounds. I could get that! 2. It's $450 hmmmm 3. So I'm spending $450? 4. I always wanted a DBA Fuzz War...I could probably get that used and maybe something else. 4. But $hark, you already have a lot of fuzzez that you like (and use!). 5. Yeah but...I'll use these too (and in my defense, I will). 6. Nah you better not. Rinse and repeat.

So it's not a matter of weighing the features of one vs another, rather finding something you like -> allocating funds -> spending the allocation of funds on things you like more :lol: despite not being as feature dense, innovative or flexible.

I'm sure people here have their varieties of that. Again, this is about being funny with what you like. Not putting gear on a pedestal and avoiding playing.

This is one of my favorite Polish Posters.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:11 pm

:hug:

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 am

Dandolin wrote:Hey, fellow USians,
let's just give Star Wars to Russia/Hungary/Poland/any other former Soviet country that wants it. They're clearly better at it....

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180129-the-star-wars-posters-of-soviet-europe

Are we just going to overlook the fucking dagger-wielding dragon?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby neonblack » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 am

$harkToootth wrote:Image

This is such a rad poster. The OG Alien will forever be my absolute favorite movie. I wish I could resurrect Lovecraft and show him the horrors he inspired. But I'd only let him watch the original 3. I don't think he'd dig Aliens, but 1 and 3 are heavily indebted to him.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion