What are you cooking?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby friendship » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

It's tough to find the kind of dried chipotles I like in my neighborhood, but the grocery finally got some so I bought a bag and made a big batch of chili with them.

I"ve been having trouble with getting a good consistency with chili sauce though. I'm looking for a smooth puree, but this time most of the blend was chunky pulp that wouldn't strain. After stewing for a few hours the pulp dissolved, so it's not a big deal, but I'd like to perfect the texture for when I want to use this sauce over eggs and stuff. Does it need some oil for emulsification or something? I'm just using the soaked chilis, onion, garlic, herbs, and water.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Taking a stab at homemade pizza dough. Ms. Diver is a killer baker so I've let her handle this sort of stuff, but with her out of town for the weekend I'm on my own. I'll report back tonight with the results.

UPDATE: Over-proved like a motherfucker, so it rose way wrong in the oven and turned into an even bigger greasepool than it should have. Oh well.

friendship wrote:It's tough to find the kind of dried chipotles I like in my neighborhood, but the grocery finally got some so I bought a bag and made a big batch of chili with them.

I"ve been having trouble with getting a good consistency with chili sauce though. I'm looking for a smooth puree, but this time most of the blend was chunky pulp that wouldn't strain. After stewing for a few hours the pulp dissolved, so it's not a big deal, but I'd like to perfect the texture for when I want to use this sauce over eggs and stuff. Does it need some oil for emulsification or something? I'm just using the soaked chilis, onion, garlic, herbs, and water.

You shouldn't. What are you pureeing with and how old is the device?
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 am

I used a immersion blender that I just bought a month ago: https://www.amazon.com/KOIOS-Powerful-H ... nd+blender

I blended for about 5 minutes starting on a slow speed and working up to the highest setting.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Last night I had nothing planned for dinner and didn't even start thinking about it until after 5pm. So I made pan seared lemon pepper chicken breasts and jasmine rice. Big hit, even with our picky eater 3 year old.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassist_Diver » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Corey Y wrote:Last night I had nothing planned for dinner and didn't even start thinking about it until after 5pm. So I made pan seared lemon pepper chicken breasts and jasmine rice. Big hit, even with our picky eater 3 year old.

That's my go-to and I did the same thing tonight, only with chicken thighs and served with mixed greens and roasted carrots/beets. If you wanna add something extra to the chicken, I'd strongly recommend tarragon.

friendship wrote:I used a immersion blender that I just bought a month ago: https://www.amazon.com/KOIOS-Powerful-H ... nd+blender

I blended for about 5 minutes starting on a slow speed and working up to the highest setting.

I've had bad luck with immersion blenders and just use a normal stand blender (or food processor) to handle those tasks. Immersions are great for tomato soup, though!
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Bassist_Diver wrote:I've had bad luck with immersion blenders and just use a normal stand blender (or food processor) to handle those tasks. Immersions are great for tomato soup, though!

Heh, back to my ancient stand blender, then. :hello:
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 am

last night, taco night.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am

sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am

Mmmmm....tacos. I want some tacos. Someone bring me tacos.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Making some chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and zucchini/squash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Pan cooked some cubed chicken breasts, boiled some fusilli, made some shallot/garlic/herb tomato sauce with the chicken's fond, and roasted some broccoli in the meanwhile. Long day at work, gonna be an even longer one tomorrow, and I need something I know can keep for a few days.

Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 am

It rained all weekend, so I made a potato and lentil curry and pureed it with coconut milk into a creamy soup.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:27 pm

I'm making kala chana for the first time. All the recipes I've seen involves a pressure cooker or instant pot, but I'm just doing it on the stove.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:19 pm

nachos!
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:31 am

All I have been craving is Japanese Curry, the super-notgoodforyoukind of instant curry.

Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion