Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Bartimaeus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Triangle, you could always use an expression pedal to adjust the delay volume in looper mode. You could definitely wire up a footswitch inside the pedal that when pressed switches between simulated "heel" or "toe" settings, and use that to control the tweez knob (switching it from 0 to full).
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby Triangle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:34 am

Bartimaeus wrote:Triangle, you could always use an expression pedal to adjust the delay volume in looper mode. You could definitely wire up a footswitch inside the pedal that when pressed switches between simulated "heel" or "toe" settings, and use that to control the tweez knob (switching it from 0 to full).

Cool, I figured an expression pedal would just control the loop volume, not the delay volume. It sounds like a Saturnworks switchable latching TS expression pedal might fit the bill. Thanks for your help.
Triangle

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:27 am

Got a couple pedals off Goroth today. See if you can guess which. (note, the small stone is on the bench in bits ready to mod).

ICYMI

NSFW: show
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 am

That orange matches perfectly!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:59 am

Triangle wrote:

The DL4 is mostly just used for looping. I really like the delay available in looping mode, but its impossible to use live because you can't turn it on and off. Does anyone know if there is a mod available to add a switch that would alternate the tweez knob (delay volume in loop mode) between 0 and the current setting?

Hi

You could do something whereby you add another potentiometer to the case somwhere, and have a footswitch to choose between two. You could then of course leave one at "zero".
if you wanted an LED indication with a 3PDT footswitch using this method you would need to leave Pin 1 connected to the PCB of the stock potentiometer, and use this a common point via a wire to pin 1 of your second pot.
Alternatively, because the board mounted PCBs on the Line6 have mounting tabs that are soldered in, you can lift all three legs of the stock potentiometer, and wire these to the poles of the footswitch. Using a 4PDT you could add an LED.

Alternatively you could ,aybe just wire a footswitch to "short" pins 1 and 3 of the potentiometer, which should make the resistance 0ohms across the pot, but that would rely on the Line 6 software looking at the total resistance.
I can probably take mine apart and have a play with that as its really the simplest of mods if it works.

both methods untested by me.

Ill have some free time later to draw a diagram if it helps.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:53 pm

Gigahearts_FX wrote:
Triangle wrote:

The DL4 is mostly just used for looping. I really like the delay available in looping mode, but its impossible to use live because you can't turn it on and off. Does anyone know if there is a mod available to add a switch that would alternate the tweez knob (delay volume in loop mode) between 0 and the current setting?

Hi

You could do something whereby you add another potentiometer to the case somwhere, and have a footswitch to choose between two. You could then of course leave one at "zero".
if you wanted an LED indication with a 3PDT footswitch using this method you would need to leave Pin 1 connected to the PCB of the stock potentiometer, and use this a common point via a wire to pin 1 of your second pot.
Alternatively, because the board mounted PCBs on the Line6 have mounting tabs that are soldered in, you can lift all three legs of the stock potentiometer, and wire these to the poles of the footswitch. Using a 4PDT you could add an LED.

Alternatively you could ,aybe just wire a footswitch to "short" pins 1 and 3 of the potentiometer, which should make the resistance 0ohms across the pot, but that would rely on the Line 6 software looking at the total resistance.
I can probably take mine apart and have a play with that as its really the simplest of mods if it works.

both methods untested by me.

Ill have some free time later to draw a diagram if it helps.

Im also curious about this. Thinking of modding my DL4 so nutty shit like this would be cool to add.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:55 pm

Also since were talking about it, how difficult would it be to add a momentary switch to make the DL4 repeat infinately? Kinda like how some delays have a "swell" switch.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 am

BitchPudding wrote:how difficult would it be to add a momentary switch to make the DL4 repeat infinately? Kinda like how some delays have a "swell" switch.

Very easy.
Momentary switch > a pot for fine-tuning the momentary repeats value, or the right value resistor to have it move to a set place on the repeats dial, or nothing to simply max out the repeats knob > repeats pot.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:59 pm

This board's just about full

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!

committed
committed

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 pm

That's wild! I wouldn't even know where to begin. Looks so fun for droning out!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby drolo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:45 pm

love that pedal board ceiling !
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:02 pm

that's ridiculously cool

need some routing info if possible

love the A and B on the DD-20
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:16 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:that's ridiculously cool

need some routing info if possible

love the A and B on the DD-20

Right now the routing is completely straight-forward; starts on a looper board with a volume pedal and a Boomerang III and a Vox Dynamic Looper, then it goes into this thing - Superego+>Super Pulsar>POG2>10 Band EQ>Scrutator>Grand Orbiter>Julia>Gen Loss>Outward>RC3>CT5>Super Rad Delay>Supermoon>Afterneath>Timebender>Echo Park>DE7>PS2>Canyon>DD3>DD7>T2 Verb>Charlie Foxtrox>DD20 (B)>DD20(A) (I use the DD20 mainly as a drone looper, so I can set two of em. Very fun to set each one at the same length, on reverse delay, and then lower the time of one of them - when it's in reverse, there's no weird glitchy artifacts when you change the time, so you can get some cool phasing like this)

Conceptually, it's gonna eventually be like this:

Matrix mixer w/looper board in an effect loop at the very front. One output each into a) superego + modulation stuff b) glitch stuff (including Infinite Jets, Particle delay, and these two phrase samplers/practice boxes from the 90s that slow stuff down ridiculous amounts) c) delay/reverb and d) clean into a regular mixer at the end of the chain.

Then, section a) goes into sections b) and c) separately, as well as into the mixer at the end. Section b) will be able to go into section c) as well. Basically each section of the board will be able to be heard independently, and also get fed into the other sections (specifically thinking routing a loop into the glitch section and sending that off into the mixer, and sending that same loop into the delay stuff. pads for days on top of super pristine glitch biz). Will need a handful of ab/y switches or splitters or etc. Maybe loopers at the end of each section.

ALSO, whenever EHX puts out that SwitchBlade Pro that got leaked a while ago (two loops that you can switch between parallel and series routing) will probably split up my delay section, so I can have two stereo strings of delays and reverbs that I can mash the fuck together on a whim.

I have a second bass guitar case ready to go to fit all this stuff into, too.
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Those lights makes it look cosy as hell. Real nice!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Yeah I'm definitely going to put some similar lights in my little music nook for the vibes. :cool:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear