The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby calfzilla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:01 am

I liked Penny Dreadful. Hartnett really reminds me of Paul Rudd with more confidence, at least his typecasting is that way. Slevin being the outlier.

And, y'all, I just saw a Juggalo episode of Z-Nation. Week made.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby dandy13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am

I was under the weather this weekend and binged Jessica Jones season 2... I was pretty disappointed with it. Overall Netflix Marvel is pretty up and down. I liked both seasons of DD, Punisher, season 1 of JJ, and Defenders but I couldn't make it past 2 episodes of Luke Cage and never even bothered with Iron Fist as I didn't really find his character all that interesting in Defenders.
Still love Krysten Ritter tho
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby calfzilla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am

The only reason I watched Iron Fist was because of Banshee. Seeing an actor as a reformed neo-nazi and then an uptight businessman was just too intirguing
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:36 am

Ironfist was pretty bad at first but then it got way better IMO.. I mean it's kind of cheese I guess, but it wasn't bad.

Luke Cage was turrible.. I watched the whole thing. Live and learn.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Aw luke cage was fun as long as you looked at it as blaxploitation. I mean that is the character's origin story, more or less.
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:05 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Ironfist was pretty bad at first but then it got way better IMO.. I mean it's kind of cheese I guess, but it wasn't bad.

Bad takes here
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:Ironfist was pretty bad at first but then it got way better IMO.. I mean it's kind of cheese I guess, but it wasn't bad.

Bad takes here

What did you like about Luke Cage? I have to know.

Not liking ironfist sure. :cool:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm

It definitely lost its shit towards the end but there were too many awesome "bring tha ruckus" moments for me to call it bad
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Luke Cage was pretty great until they dropped Cottonmouth as the main antagonist. Mariah could have been good moving on from that as an even more sinister mirror image of him, they just blew it with having Diamondback be anything more than a one or two episode wildcard bad guy that wreaks havoc and escapes. Putting the focus on him the way they did was truly awful. He should have had no connection to Luke Cage, showed up as a nuts assassin with a connection to the Blacksmith or something and escaped with firepower they know can take out supers. Have him be like Murdock from MacGyver, a crazy elusive villain who shows up once a season or two and gets away. Maybe eventually he has to join up with the hero to defeat a bigger evil.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Yeah, Luke Cage started decently enough and was far too cheesy by the end and the shift in antagonists was indeed pretty bad.
Iron Fist just sucked donkey balls and I couldn't even finish the season.
Daredevil was good for the first season, but the second one felt weaker to me.
Jessica Jones was good for the first season but I only watched one episode of the second one and it almost feels like Iron First now (i.e. almost every character is annoying as hell).
Punisher was entertaining but probably only seems good when compared to the others.

For an actually good Marvel TV series (though non MCU) I recommend Legion. That one is genuinely good and the photography in there is excellent, too. And it has Jemaine Clement in it.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Some good giallo on prime right now. Watched Night Train Murders a few nights ago and watching Deep Red now. The soundtrack from deep red gets me pumped. It comes on and its like "oh shit something is going down dude".
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 pm

I literally typed out that I lost all respect for Luke Cage after cottonmouth was out of the picture. He was the best actor for sure. The cousin was annoying as hell, and Shades.. gimme a break.

I'll still probably watch the second season.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Animal Rescue » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:58 am

Just finished the documentary Flint Town on Netflix. First rate and so surreal. A great look into the future of American towns large and small.
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Postby MrNovember » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 am

I think I probably already mentioned, but I'm just watching Daredevil now. Was too put off by the movie to actually bother watching the show. Finally caved because I wanted to watch it before Defenders and Punisher. So far, season 1 was probably the best of the MCU Netflix shows I've watched. The fact that they made you actually care about the villian as well as the main characters was great. Second season so far started off well, but then fell apart kind of quickly:
SPOILER : show
basically I lost a little interest when Punisher was caught, and I really lost interest when Elektra was introduced

I remember liking Luke Cage, but I don't remember it too well, so clearly it wasn't too memorable. The first season of Jessica Jones was excellent, haven't watched the second. The first like two episodes of Iron Fist were decent, but the rest were cringe worthy at best. Next up, I'm watching Defenders, then Punisher, then season 2 of Jessica Jones.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Daredevil is pretty dece. The punisher was good, I started watching the flash.. I just have them on in the background while I solder.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion