Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dozicusmaximus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm

dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:2. Music companies (and most companies) exist to make money. They don't exist to push social agenda's (whatever their politics may be). So don't expect their actions in pursuit of money to always be in line with your preferred politics.

I'm going to disagree with some of this statement, but not with respect to music companies. A lot of major corporations push the conservative agenda because, in this country, it's linked to deregulation. That means more money for them, because they won't have to comply with pesky little annoyances like consumer safety regulations, for example, or the Clean Air Act or the Clean Water Act or regulations pertaining to global warming.

Here is a good example. https://www.vox.com/2017/2/2/14488448/stream-protection-rule

(The night after Trump repealed this law, he gave his state of the union speech and claimed he would protect our clean air and water.)
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 pm

aen wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:This place certainly used to be less confrontational.

Well, if you go way back there was this person called Devi...

Hah!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:2. Music companies (and most companies) exist to make money. They don't exist to push social agenda's (whatever their politics may be). So don't expect their actions in pursuit of money to always be in line with your preferred politics.

I'm going to disagree with some of this statement, but not with respect to music companies. A lot of major corporations push the conservative agenda because, in this country, it's linked to deregulation. That means more money for them, because they won't have to comply with pesky little annoyances like consumer safety regulations, for example, or the Clean Air Act or the Clean Water Act or regulations pertaining to global warming.

Here is a good example. https://www.vox.com/2017/2/2/14488448/stream-protection-rule

(The night after Trump repealed this law, he gave his state of the union speech and claimed he would protect our clean air and water.)

Yeah, but you really didn't disagree with me, you came to the same conclusion that I did : that companies exist to make money. Or in your words "That means more money for them".

Any agendas or lobbying they may do, are not their end game. The end game is to make money and if lobbying or agendas help them make money, then they will do it.

Now again, I am saying this in general. There are certainly plenty of companies who have strong missions to push certain political and social agendas as a main component of, if not the main component of, their business. And these types of companies will definitely increase in occurrence going forward as the world becomes more socially conscience as a whole.

Thanks for joining the discussion. This is what is supposed to happen. A free exchange of ideas without fear of being persecuted for having a different opinion.

Don't agree with what I said above? Write back and tell me why :)
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
:whateva:

TL;DR

Don't worry, Nora, I'll still listen to your videos. :hug:

:lol: That's one of way of admitting you're wrong and apologizing to me without actually admitting you're wrong and apologizing to me. :lol:

And I do accept your apology as I know admitting you are wrong and apologizing is hard to do. Especially in public. Heck, Fonzi couldn't do it, why should I expect you to?

Someday I hope to make a video that you not only want to listen to, but also watch :lol: :thumb:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:03 pm

comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

People with opinions are wrong.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:http://www.viralthread.com/mom-of-three-breastfeeds-and-freebleeds-while-doing-yoga/?utm_source=joker&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Dali

Fuck it...I'm just going to say it. I am SOOOO into that.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:16 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:People with opinions are wrong.

I have really strong opinions.

Ugly Nora wrote: :lol: That's one of way of admitting you're wrong and apologizing to me without actually admitting you're wrong and apologizing to me. :lol:

And I do accept your apology as I know admitting you are wrong and apologizing is hard to do. Especially in public. Heck, Fonzi couldn't do it, why should I expect you to?

Someday I hope to make a video that you not only want to listen to, but also watch :lol: :thumb:

I operate under the premise that I'm always wrong! :!!!: So, you're probably not wrong. :idk:

(You need more purple in your videos & not just random purple patch cables scattered about!)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
(You need more purple in your videos & not just random purple patch cables scattered about!)

I just ordered 6 Mogami patch cables the other day, black though. But look for those soon. I am trying to reduce some of the signal noise in my setup. Sometimes I don't mind it, but sometimes I do. Hoping this helps.

I also get a lot of pops from my Cranksturgeon piezo mics, like when I bump the cable. I don't use piezo mics often, so I don't know if this is normal for them or not. At any rate, hoping the new cables help with these items.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:People with opinions are wrong.

D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:http://www.viralthread.com/mom-of-three-breastfeeds-and-freebleeds-while-doing-yoga/?utm_source=joker&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Dali

Fuck it...I'm just going to say it. I am SOOOO into that.

She's an anti-vaxxer too.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Ooooo....ehhh.....ahhhh......I can't say I'm into that.....but everything else :thumb:

I'm in charge of the Liberal PC Agenda now.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion