Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:09 am

Chankgeez wrote:(pro tip: don't let Ugly Nora troll you here too :lol: )

This is disappointing to read because I wasn't trolling in that other thread. Below is the totality of my posts in question. Please either you, or anybody, show me specifics where I was trolling or being anti women or anti liberal.

Also, I would like to hear specific rebuttals to my overall point of my posts which is the majority of businesses exist to make money, not to push politics/agendas (any agendas), and that when their actions do bump against your personal politics, it is not some big over reaching white guy conspiracy. I would like to hear specifics as to how this is a negative comment in any way, specifically towards liberals or women.

Here is a protip for you and everyone else - just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they are trolling, or hateful, or anti whatever, or harbor any negative feelings towards you. Heck, they may even consider you a dear friend. It is called a discussion. Do we want to really live in a world where everyone has to have the same opinion? A good discussion is going to make you passionate, it is going to make you question your beliefs and what you have been told your whole life and taught in school and church, temple, etc. It is going to angry up the blood a little. This is how hearts and minds are changed, and it will be then, and only then, when we are able to move ourselves forward as a society and a species.

Post #1

Maybe they are doing it for far less nefarious reasons, like it sells gear? You don't think a company is smart enough to know which of their ads generate the most sales? Music companies exist to make money, not to be champions of the liberal PC agenda.

In summary, as long as their ads drive sales, they are going to keep doing it. When it stops working, they will shift strategies.

Post #2

I had a bunch more to say, but honestly I am trying to be a nicer person, and I have better things to do right now than argue with internet weirdos (not you specifically -- ILF in general). So I will sum it up like this:

1. I never called you a liberal. Don't twist someone's words to fit your narrative.

2. Music companies (and most companies) exist to make money. They don't exist to push social agenda's (whatever their politics may be). So don't expect their actions in pursuit of money to always be in line with your preferred politics.

a. Companies that don't adapt to changing demograpics and social mores will suffer.

b. Companies know how effective their adverstising is or isn't. If they use sex, for example, and it is not working, and they don't adapt, that is called bad management. It doesn't mean there is some big conspiracy to keep a certain section of the population under their thumb.

3. For the record, I personally don't respond to sex in advertising either. I personally find it insulting, but not offensive. I find it insulting that a company would try to persuade me with such a lowest common denominator tactic. I feel I am smarter than that and prefer to be stimulated intellectually.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:35 am

#I'mWithGardenoftheDead
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby calfzilla » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:07 am

mostly here for the :snax:, although I will be ambiguous and say I prefer using logic and science over feelings :idk:
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 am

Nora's post #1 is it for me. It's just fact. Nora wasn't (and I'm not) saying that this sort of advertisement is Ok or promoting it, but simply pointing out that there is a demographic that it clearly speaks to, with fiscal proof to legitimize that strategy. I think it's totally a fair observation. I have a feeling that these types of adds will continue to be more and more scarce. The business in question simply decided to profit from it while it still works. And yes I also think that's lame.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 am

MEC wrote:

When I read “dude with a small dick” I was certain it was about me. :idk:

:surprise:

Ugly Nora wrote:

This is disappointing to read because I wasn't trolling in that other thread. Below is the totality of my posts in question. Please either you, or anybody, show me specifics where I was trolling or being anti women or anti liberal.

Also, I would like to hear specific rebuttals to my overall point of my posts which is the majority of businesses exist to make money, not to push politics/agendas (any agendas), and that when their actions do bump against your personal politics, it is not some big over reaching white guy conspiracy. I would like to hear specifics as to how this is a negative comment in any way, specifically towards liberals or women.

Here is a protip for you and everyone else - just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they are trolling, or hateful, or anti whatever, or harbor any negative feelings towards you. Heck, they may even consider you a dear friend. It is called a discussion. Do we want to really live in a world where everyone has to have the same opinion? A good discussion is going to make you passionate, it is going to make you question your beliefs and what you have been told your whole life and taught in school and church, temple, etc. It is going to angry up the blood a little. This is how hearts and minds are changed, and it will be then, and only then, when we are able to move ourselves forward as a society and a species.

Post #1

Maybe they are doing it for far less nefarious reasons, like it sells gear? You don't think a company is smart enough to know which of their ads generate the most sales? Music companies exist to make money, not to be champions of the liberal PC agenda.

In summary, as long as their ads drive sales, they are going to keep doing it. When it stops working, they will shift strategies.

Post #2

I had a bunch more to say, but honestly I am trying to be a nicer person, and I have better things to do right now than argue with internet weirdos (not you specifically -- ILF in general). So I will sum it up like this:

1. I never called you a liberal. Don't twist someone's words to fit your narrative.

2. Music companies (and most companies) exist to make money. They don't exist to push social agenda's (whatever their politics may be). So don't expect their actions in pursuit of money to always be in line with your preferred politics.

a. Companies that don't adapt to changing demograpics and social mores will suffer.

b. Companies know how effective their adverstising is or isn't. If they use sex, for example, and it is not working, and they don't adapt, that is called bad management. It doesn't mean there is some big conspiracy to keep a certain section of the population under their thumb.

3. For the record, I personally don't respond to sex in advertising either. I personally find it insulting, but not offensive. I find it insulting that a company would try to persuade me with such a lowest common denominator tactic. I feel I am smarter than that and prefer to be stimulated intellectually.

:whateva:

TL;DR

Don't worry, Nora, I'll still listen to your videos. :hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am

jrfox92 wrote:
karmablock wrote:But I have seen people bashing feminism and other "PC/liberal" ideas so maybe this place is changing :(

I mean, that's mostly just jwar and Nora. :idk:

I'm for equal human rights of all people. I just don't agree with certain ideas or ideals as others, which is my choice as human being.

This place certainly used to be less confrontational. I find it obnoxious from all sides of the coin.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:This place certainly used to be less confrontational.

(Not to be confrontational, but) I think everywhere used to be less confrontational. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am

GotD, why does it matter if you're called out? What difference does it make if this gets brought up 'every time some dude with a small dick on this forum disagrees with (you)?' Does it change anything? What's the point of proclaiming 'I believe these things to be true' if you're tired of coming under fire from little-dicked people? Aren't you asking people to cast their support or to argue with you?

And isn't it a dick move to go all ad hominem because someone disagrees with you?

These are genuine questions, not attacks. Want to clarify since you feel attacked.

And yes to Chank. I wrote almost the same thing but didn't want to seem confrontational.

#culturewars #nosurvivors #noopinionsmatter
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:58 am

I had a feel good moment on the other thread where the delineation between offended and insulted was addressed. It seems that nuance is often overlooked.

Yeah, as Chank indicated the elevation is universal. A decade ago there was a lot less immediate threat perceived by the people. We're in a depletion curve as a civilization which is problematic on a lot of fronts. Just please try and remember that a lot of people who are locked in a confrontation loop are figuratively or literally fighting for their lives while others are fighting for their livelihoods. Being locked in battle (regardless of absolute importance) makes it very difficult to toggle back and forth between being able to comport with high society while speaking in a relaxed and civil manner and struggling to survive. Sometimes maintaining that awareness really smooths an interaction, but also, sometimes being confrontational is pure self defense when someone has inadvertently placed their big ass foot right down on someone else's.

Regarding the sentiments expressed originally by Garden of the Dead, I think they all are moderate, civilized, and humane. Hardly liberal, the range of which can extend into extremism and become ultimately defeating. It's seeing the other side as black and white extremism that causes initial fault & failure.

We're all tired as fuck jwar, sit down and relax a spell.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lapsteel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 pm

just observingthings... but it usually isn't a real fight until someone is threatened with an exploding mason jar of cum.....so we good no?
lapsteel

experienced
experienced

Postby calfzilla » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 pm

lapsteel wrote:just observingthings... but it usually isn't a real fight until someone is threatened with an exploding mason jar of cum.....so we good no?

that's how some people say hello :idk:
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I'm for equal human rights of all people. I just don't agree with certain ideas or ideals as others, which is my choice as human being.

Whoops, totally thought that also included "SJW" since you tend to bring that term up in politically charged discussions.
Also, I wasn't saying you that weren't, I was just trying to convey that there's not exactly a conspiracy and that there's a fairly small amount of people here that bring that kinda thing up regularly, anyway. :idk:

Also, it's best to read most of the "confrontational" stuff I write in a sarcastic tone. :poke:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aen » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Well, if you go way back there was this person called Devi...
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:23 pm

It seems like this little ecosystem of ILF goes through phases. I lurked for a while before joining because my searches for info on pedals turned up lots of threads that got mean or confusing and I'm never going to fight with someone on here, it's just not worth it in the scope of my life. Obviously can't pull up any for references to the mean threads because it was years ago. The culture (or whatever you want to call it) seems to just go in cycles. :group:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:29 pm

JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion