The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 pm

vidret wrote:It's a really good premise, but it's nowhere near as good as it'd have to be for a serious multiplayer shooter 2018.

The premise keeps me and a friend coming back to it tho, but it's very frustrating.

:idk: :idk: :idk:

it seems to be all the rage despite its beta nature.
perhaps it's alpha after all.

i suck at shooter games so i'll never know but people at work are always prattling on about it.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:58 am

PUBG is pretty bad imo, kudos to those who are into it. After about 15-18+ hours with consistent animation glitches and connection problems worse than Metal Gear Online 3 I don't see myself touching it again. Especially since my timezone matches shitty Chinese hackers which ruin it for everyone.

After about 2 hours of neglect and intimidation, i'm giving R6:Siege another shot - weirdly after listening to the OST on loop at work. Sounds so goddamn good :snax:
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 am

PUBG is the greatest shitty game. Once they can fix the hackers, glitching, rubber banding, and teleporting.....they might have something!
I don't play it solo anymore. Only with friends for a couple matches on the weekends.
Fortnite runs nearly flawlessly, but I don't enjoy it as much as PUBG.

I have R6:S but only ran the tutorial and first two situations and that shit was intense. Maybe I'll take a look at it closer. Very intimidated as well.

What's OST?

Getting sick of most games honestly.
Overwatch. done with indefinitely.
Rocket League - still fun, but repetitive.
PUBG - garbage to play
Diablo III - repetitive. Been there done that too much in the past. Necro is fun, but not enough to play it.
Witcher 3 - still can't seem to get into this game.
Destiny 2 - DOA. not touching again until it's fixed.
Street Fighter V - big update today, but not sure I have the patience to learn it. Really wanted to learn it, but it's soooooo hard.
No Man's Sky - is getting an update soon. Still a little boring to play.
Borderlands - I could play One again. that's always fun. Two.....too many hours and re-grinding a new character doesn't sound fun.
Last edited by GAS KING on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby rustywire » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 am

OST is Original Sound Track
I should leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4PAkrAVpQ

And the incredible remix arrangement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knOZU7UQIv8
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am

Man the day they region lock China, I'll be playing that game nonstop with my friends. The game isn't playable past 10PM EST for me, that seems to be when shit just swings towards guaranteed hackers.

I really don't get why they haven't done it yet. They even teased about it before the 1.0 release (which it is hilarious to call the current version 1.0) but just seem to not give a shit that the vast majority games are just people cheating.

Game is still fun as fuck though.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm getting a switch soon, I don't know how but it's going to happen. :excellent:

Other than that I'm still playing Warframe, 1600 hours in...:facepalm:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:33 pm

GAS KING wrote:Getting sick of most games honestly.

Me too, which is why I'm dying to get a Switch. I keep picking up things on PSN and everything's mehhhh to the max. Also, so few local multiplayer options these days! Me and my gf love some Puyo Tetris but it gets old after a while.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GAS KING » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:37 pm

I want a switch, but it's like $500+ to get everything and games. :(

The shittiest part about getting burnt out on games, is that's how I hang out with my friends (long distance). They PUBG/OW/Rocket League every Fri/Sat night. They're not open minded about trying new games much. Just want to jump on, have a few beers and play competitive multiplayer games.

I am liking The Division, but haven't played for a week. Grinding it solo kind sucks. Each main mission is hard to solo. I'm like lvl 25 now. haven't hit end game even.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby Strange Tales » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Man it's $400 for a Switch + Odyssey + BotW. I still might just make that plunge because I've only heard both games compared among the best of their respective series.

For those that own it: what's the controller like? That box in the middle looks clunky as shit.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm seriously considering trading my PS4 and games in for a Switch. Literally, my only issues with this plan that I can see is missing out on Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part II.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby baremountain » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Holy crap checking in with the Switch love here. I got mine on Thursday, called in sick Friday, had Monday off, and I have probably logged 40+ hours on Breath of the Wild so far (got thru the first 2 divine beasts, found but haven't acquired the Master Sword, and now I'm dressed as a fly desert dream babe). I managed to do other stuffs this weekend somehow, but it always comes back to Zelda. I still haven't hit the towers in 3 or 4 of the areas, and have a ton of work ahead of me.
And as an added bonus, I no longer feel like a poser when I rock the rad BotW shirt that MSUSousaphone got me for ILFSS ;)

to those of you on the fence, GET THE SWITCH

StrangeTales - the controller is awesome! Handheld it's surprisingly uncumbersome, and the plastic adapter for the 2 joy con controllers is nice & minimal. They also have a larger controller that doesn't have the detachable boyos if you're more into that. The cool thing is you can do lots of multiplayer games with just the 2 joy cons that come in the box, and integrate them into a single controller whenever you want.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:55 pm

See, I wanna play PUBG but from what I've seen/heard and from my own experiences playing a similar game (fortnite) it seems kinda lame.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am

PUBG is like the best online PS2 game ever. So much jank and bullshit. My game even crashed while just watching my team after I died. Interesting concept though and someone will do it right very soon. This battle royal mode is the new thing.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:15 am

Oh, and the Switch Pro Controller isn't bad, much more Xbox like. The sticks feel a bit different than the joycons though.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 am

Speaking of 'someone doing it right', there are rumors of Valve developing a battle-royale mode for CSGO. Could be a big deal.
reckon luck

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion