Postby BoatRich » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm

This may have just ended my gross octave fuzz search
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm

:lol: :thumb: … and a whole lot more. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby shikawkee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Heal up quick, shikawkee. :hug: Hopefully you'll be playin' with some new ring mods in no time.

Thanks man. Being stuck in bed is not my idea of fun. Especially when there's new pedals to be messed with <g>.

It'll be great to play pain-free for a change. It was really ducking with me.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 pm

retinal orbita wrote:why Canadian customs? I’ve never had anything held this long. :poke:

Oh no, mine is on the way to Canada right now too. I've had stuff held for over a week before, but it always seems completely random to me. Same with customs fees. One day I'll get something with no fees. The next I have to pay $60 in fees for a similar item. I don't get it.

Just watched the video though and holy shit am I excited to get my hands on it now :drool:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby retinal orbita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:11 pm

MrNovember wrote:
retinal orbita wrote:why Canadian customs? I’ve never had anything held this long. :poke:

Oh no, mine is on the way to Canada right now too. I've had stuff held for over a week before, but it always seems completely random to me. Same with customs fees. One day I'll get something with no fees. The next I have to pay $60 in fees for a similar item. I don't get it.

Just watched the video though and holy shit am I excited to get my hands on it now :drool:

I don’t even care about the fees, I am just being a spazz and worried it’s like fallen behind the customs desk.

I’m sure that’s crazy. But I order a lot of records and shit and never seen anything being held this long.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 am

Thank you everyone for your support!! My Outer Rings cleared customs at 8:55 this morning. I’d like to believe it was the PMA of this place that helped it along. :hug: :hug: :hug:
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 am

:!!!: :yay: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:41 pm

:summon: :dance: :doom:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:05 pm

My shipping notice didn't contain a tracking number. I don't wanna bug them about it unless it's starting to look lost so this will be a nice exercise in patience :lol:

please your findings once the Rings have arrived, mr ritalin otterball :~)
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 pm

baremountain wrote:My shipping notice didn't contain a tracking number. I don't wanna bug them about it unless it's starting to look lost so this will be a nice exercise in patience :lol:

I know that feel bro...I wish it didn't irrationally get to me as much as it does (not saying it does for you)...but...it does.... :cry:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Their shipping thing was weird. I had to click “details about your order” or some shit and then it took me to a site with a tracking number link. It wasn’t right there in the email.

If perhaps that might be of some use to you fine people.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby shikawkee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 am

Outer Rings ordered. Went on sale on Reverb after midnight last night and couldn't help myself. I'm a sick man <g>.

Won't be able to play for another week or ten days though.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 am

I still haven’t really heard it without the gain knob cranked. Like that’s a cool sound but I’m more interested in the clang clang bloop bleep shit

Also if I were to say, buy one of those EHX sequencer pedals would that allow me to use the ring mod into a sequencer? I am a CV knooob. I will google, obv.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby shikawkee » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:00 pm

retinal orbita wrote:I still haven’t really heard it without the gain knob cranked. Like that’s a cool sound but I’m more interested in the clang clang bloop bleep shit

Also if I were to say, buy one of those EHX sequencer pedals would that allow me to use the ring mod into a sequencer? I am a CV knooob. I will google, obv.

Exactly. I wish there was a demo like that. Crossing fingers...
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:58 pm

retinal orbita wrote:Also if I were to say, buy one of those EHX sequencer pedals would that allow me to use the ring mod into a sequencer? I am a CV knooob. I will google, obv.

You'd ideally want something with a larger voltage swing than an 8-step sequencer. A Korg SQ-1 would be better, as it can send 0-8V, which is closer to the ~9V range the Outer Rings looks for at its inputs. Note, however, that you can still totally use the 8-step Program. With the knob at 0, it will reach up to about 2 or 3 o'clock on the knob face, and if you set the knob you're controlling via CV to about 10' or 11 o'clock, as the knob position adds an offset (same as adding + ~3V to every step of your sequence).

Also re: the gain, I think any blend of the ring mod is going to add what seems like a lot of gain, even at low gain settings, because ring mod is an inherently noisy effect.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear