I’m in Dallas til Tuesday, what should I do?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

I’m in Dallas til Tuesday, what should I do?

Postby xrleroyx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Flew here super cheap. Staying in the bishop arts area. What should I do? Any cool shows or music shops around? Best beer?

I’m aware of google, I’d just like to get everyone’s opinion!
Olin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:This Corgan guy sounds like a real soy boy to me...

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: I’m in Dallas til Tuesday, what should I do?

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Run screaming to the airport?

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby xrleroyx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Already ran screaming from the airport. I’d feel like a poser if I did it twice.
Olin wrote:

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:40 am

As far as I know, the only significant thing to happen in Dallas was the assassination of a president... So, maybe try that? :idk:
At least get a back and to the left video in Dealey Plaza.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weebles » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:24 am

Lived in Dallas for 8 years, and though it's not as bad as other Texans would have you believe, enjoyment of the city is really entirely dependent on having friends there, as there's not a lot of stuff to do outside of your average restaurant and bar.

That being said, the Ft Worth Zoo is really nice, and the Dallas Aquarium is pretty ok. I can't remember if it's first Friday or third Friday of every month, but they used to have free entry into all of the museums downtown around Klyde Warren Park.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:01 am

Talk incessantly about how it's better than Houston.

(If you were in Houston, you would talk incessantly about how it's better than Dallas.)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 am

The Dallas Museum of Art is aight, not sure what the current featured exhibit is. If you're able to trek to Fort Worth, the Kimball and the Modern have better collections (and buildings).
My favorite restaurant in Bishop Arts is Boulevardier - excellent French bistro food, overpriced cocktails you can skip.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 am

i think if i was in Dallas that i'd need ALL THE COCKTAILS.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby baremountain » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 am

Yo, this is my hood! Hmu if you wanna smoke/jam or whatever while you're in town, I'm relatively free this weekend, and only about 15 min from where you're at.

Music shops: Shake Rag is a dope second hand shop with tons of weird shit, kinda pricey but worth a visit (check their hours online, they're weird). There's a pricey but cool record shop in yr area called Spinster Records, and a more indie one called Top Ten Records
Foods: Spiral Diner is amazing vegan comfort food & there's an incredible Mexican bakery/restaurant near my house called El Palote that you could eat at and leave without ever knowing it was vegan (pro-tip: try the BBQ sandwich)
Beer: Deep Ellum Brewery and Peticolas are in Dallas & Revolver is tight if you're going towards Ft W.
Shows: I don't see any good ones in Dallas proper but there's a dope house show tonight in Denton if you're feeling like seeing more the DFW area. DM me if you want deets on that ;)
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am

baremountain wrote:Shows: I don't see any good ones in Dallas proper but there's a dope house show tonight in Denton if you're feeling like seeing more the DFW area. DM me if you want deets on that ;)

… and maybe theavondon will be there? :idk:

Got nothin' for you other than listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQmirjtAvSw
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Faldoe » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 am

Get some School Book Suppositories
Faldoe

Postby friendship » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am

Debbie
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby xrleroyx » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:47 pm

baremountain wrote:Yo, this is my hood! Hmu if you wanna smoke/jam or whatever while you're in town, I'm relatively free this weekend, and only about 15 min from where you're at.

Music shops: Shake Rag is a dope second hand shop with tons of weird shit, kinda pricey but worth a visit (check their hours online, they're weird). There's a pricey but cool record shop in yr area called Spinster Records, and a more indie one called Top Ten Records
Foods: Spiral Diner is amazing vegan comfort food & there's an incredible Mexican bakery/restaurant near my house called El Palote that you could eat at and leave without ever knowing it was vegan (pro-tip: try the BBQ sandwich)
Beer: Deep Ellum Brewery and Peticolas are in Dallas & Revolver is tight if you're going towards Ft W.
Shows: I don't see any good ones in Dallas proper but there's a dope house show tonight in Denton if you're feeling like seeing more the DFW area. DM me if you want deets on that ;)

Right on!! Yeah me and the girlf are thinking of checking out ft worth ish today. She’s huge into art so I’ll pass those museum recommendations down. Revolver eh? Tomorrow though is bar/trashy night. Will hit you up for that. I’ll see if she’s down for a house show later.

Bishop arts is weird man. We went out last night at around 9:30 and stayed out til about 11. We were the only bar patrons in most of the places that were even open.
Olin wrote:

xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Kool Keg in Arlington is a nice little beer bar. You could check out Woolworth in Dallas. The area with Nickel and Rye, Breadwinners, and a bunch of other stuff is alright (can’t remember the name of the street; the trolley runs on it though).

Rabbit Hole up in Justin is good. Martin House in FW is alright.

Trinity river plaza or whatever has some cool stuff and I think four corners brewery is over there.

In BA itself is a cider place (or was), plus a nice little pie shop and a coffee house/bar/bookstore called wild detectives. Johnathans is close and a nice breakfast spot.

Prof. Fuzz has a show in FW on Saturday night at the tin owl or owl barn or something....
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm

friendship wrote:Debbie

Ah, a traditionalist.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion