Shitty movies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Shitty movies

Postby calfzilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm

I don't think so. I seem to remember quite a few explosions in the first 15 minutes or so. I always managed to start watching 5 minutes in and then I would see something on the TV guide and change the channel in the exact same spot every time.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 pm

calfzilla wrote:I don't think so. I seem to remember quite a few explosions in the first 15 minutes or so. I always managed to start watching 5 minutes in and then I would see something on the TV guide and change the channel in the exact same spot every time.

Do you remember anything about the plot and/or characters?
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby calfzilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 pm

not a damn thing. just that is used to play on Sci-Fi pretty regularly in the late 90s
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:08 pm

It's hard to wrap my mind around just how many movies that COULD be lol.

I am reminded vaguely of the movie Space Raiders. Of which I can only remember that a kid keeps a weird space potato bug looking thing in a plastic cup and there are space pirates.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Corey Y, you might like the 'Good Bad or Bad Bad' youtube channel. I appreciate their enthusiasm and take on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iOCmQP6Ow4
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm

I'll have to check it out later. I like movie podcasts and youtube channels. Not just the "good bad" kind, but definitely those too.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am

Friendly reminder that "It's a magical day!"
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:58 am

The fact of Neil Breen makes me angry about my life.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:59 am

His shit is life changing. My buddy recommended another game changer. AFTER LAST SEASON.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:03 pm

The lesson of so many weird middle aged independent filmmakers outside the hollywood system is: All you need to succeed is be independently wealthy and psychotic.

I'd probably be in a band right now, if only I had been wildly successful in some white collar profession by now and had unwaivering confidence in every bad impulse or decision lol.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

@Corey Y - NO JOKE! That's exactly what a film professor said to me in 2010.
"I thought my friends were all doing great in their careers because they kept getting funding for their movies. Then I realized, they were all independently wealthy. :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Occasionally I will watch a really terrible horror movie (it's almost always a horror movie) and it's really clear to me that it was shot in Los Angeles and that the person making the movie is at least somewhat technically competent (meaning it looks at least as good as a sitcom), but that they reworked the story based around whatever locations they had available to shoot (the mad scientists lair is clearly the storage area of a gas station, all the exposition scenes take place in a vacant strip mall location that's decorated from Goodwill) and the actors are a mix of people who are probably friends of the director or they got one person who used to be on a prime time soap 20 years ago to play a detective or villain or something. It's not good, it's barely coherent, but it's impressive this person actually made a movie, so they must be really motivated. Then I look it up on IMDB and it's the director/writer/producer/dp/editor's 39th movie! If this had been their first feature film, it would be embarrassing, but still...they made a movie...but shit. Fuck. What?? I have to assume people like this are rich or laundering money for some cartel, because I just can't figure how there are people who are skilled, talented, personable and responsible who can't break into a creative field of their choice in a significant way...but there are people who can make dozens of horrendously terrible films that actually get released and go to festivals and even win awards (at budget indie horror festivals, but still).

I am thinking of a specific movie and filmmaker too and I doubt anyone would know either by name.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Oh, if you ever google the name of a director you've never heard of and can't figure out how they could get a movie financed...you almost always find them listed as a licensed realtor in L.A. too.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:42 pm

No joke, I kind of want that life. :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:50 pm

The key to making your dreams come through is unlimited resource and unearned self confidence.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion