POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Due to gov't. shutdown, this thread's been shut down...

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Trump blew up standing DACA policy, saying he wanted congress to make a law because executive orders are apparently illegal when black presidents enact them. Dems and Republican immigration moderates took him at his word and tried to work something out. Trump yanked the rug at the last minute and threw in with hardliners, meaning there was no pressure for Ryan or McConnel to bend past their hardliners' comfort zone. So Senators disappointed by bad faith withheld support.

It's a simplification, but Trump's fuckwittery makes me feel quite justified in assigning him a good chunk of the blame for the shitdown.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Trump blew up standing DACA policy, saying he wanted congress to make a law because executive orders are apparently illegal when black presidents enact them. Dems and Republican immigration moderates took him at his word and tried to work something out. Trump yanked the rug at the last minute and threw in with hardliners, meaning there was no pressure for Ryan or McConnel to bend past their hardliners' comfort zone. So Senators disappointed by bad faith withheld support.

It's a simplification, but Trump's fuckwittery makes me feel quite justified in assigning him a good chunk of the blame for the shitdown.

It's hilarious, the Republicans control the presidency and both chambers of Congress, and they can't even keep the government open. Now they're running around claiming it's all the fault of the evil, evil Democrats. Trump wants to be the leader, but he doesn't want to actually do the hard work of leading. But IMO, the so-called Freedom Caucus (which should really be called the Right-Wing Fanatics Caucus) is the real culprit, Trump's bumbling incompetence is just fuel on the fire.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Lurker13 wrote: Trump wants to be the leader, but he doesn't want to actually do the hard work of leading.

Even if he did want to, he just doesn't know how.

Say what you will about career politicians, at least they know the mechanics of politics.

Given the way Trump ran his campaign & the way he's acted since (like he's still running a campaign), it's no surprise he can't govern effectively.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:09 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Lurker13 wrote: Trump wants to be the leader, but he doesn't want to actually do the hard work of leading.

Even if he did want to, he just doesn't know how.

But he thinks he knows, so he is too arrogant to take advice from anyone who could help him. And that's a big problem.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 am

WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:35 am

comesect2.0 wrote:WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!

Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Know who's responsible for the shutdown?

Both sides.

That's who.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/the- ... .fqN2bA93X
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:36 pm

This is a four-year facepalm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:21 pm

Could someone explain to me why “The Dems just want illegal immigrants to pour into our nation unchecked.”?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Could someone explain to me why “The Dems just want illegal immigrants to pour into our nation unchecked.”?

It makes them feel like they are helping people AND providing a slave/untouchableclass/cheap labor pool that undermines the entire blue collar workforce to keep costs and wages down in comparison to cost of living and yet gives them more things to "fight against" and seem like they give a shit? :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 pm

:idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Chankgeez wrote::idk:

yeah :idk: remember when when you were young and thought this shit would make sene one day? then you grew up only to find out it's just that everyone is crazy...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:04 pm

All I wanted was a Pepsi. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Can't we like just love one another and create a government called I...
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion