The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The spite, hate, rage, apathy and mild irritation thread

Postby aens_wife » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:but we've tried to help her and I can be at peace with that.

This is really at the heart of everything.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

yeah man. i am LUCKY that when i was barely born my mawmz mover away from the incredibly toxic (family wise, the nuclear plants are a whole 'nother thing) in Oak Ridge TN where she grew up. not only do i have no connections to any of the drama and shit they constantly put each other through, i grew up in the Bay Yarea, and would be a completely different person.

but i think you and your grrL are on the right track. some people you have to tell them where the line is, then cut them off if they can't respect that. it's fucking awful if it's family, but like you said, there's SO much negative shit she's bringing around your home that you don't want a part of. let her know you love her, want to help as much as you can, but only if she uses the help to stop fucking up.

that sucks homie. sorry.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Finally entered the “applying to live in a Zen monastery” stage of chronic depression.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:12 pm

been blowing bloody crap out of my nose the past few days and i slept for like 2 hours last night coz i kept waking up in flop sweats.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:51 am

I feel paralyzed with the amount of things I need to get done before starting my masters, but at the same time I can't really do anything while waiting for the results of my GOD DAMNED ENGLISH TEST to get in.

I've studied at this school before, in english

I have written to bachelor theses, in english

I grew up partially in the US (in fucking english of course)

The response is just that this is procedure for non-native speakers. The test itself is 250€ and I took it as soon as I could, but it takes ages to get the results so I'm just chilling waiting for them to say I can speak the language. Until then I am broke (so I can't really pay deposits of a place to live), because my study loans are dependent of being fully accepted.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 am

Dude higher education baffles me sometimes.. when I was getting my bachelor's in mechanical engineering I took English 235, technical writing, and was assured it was taken as a 2nd English credit at the major universities. I transfer to EWU.. Nah we don't take that anymore.. we used to .. so I had to take English 201.. which is like, making 1 minute videos, and doing outlines .. 0% of which I've used in my career so far. That technical writing though, I use that every day.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:16 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Dude higher education baffles me sometimes.. when I was getting my bachelor's in mechanical engineering I took English 235, technical writing, and was assured it was taken as a 2nd English credit at the major universities. I transfer to EWU.. Nah we don't take that anymore.. we used to .. so I had to take English 201.. which is like, making 1 minute videos, and doing outlines .. 0% of which I've used in my career so far. That technical writing though, I use that every day.

Right?? It seems so overly bureaucratic sometimes it's insane. This isn't even a uni test it's the TOEFL test which is just... I don't even know, proof of English, not really educational. Also 250€ is like two good fuzz pedals

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 pm

I'm taking ancient western philosophy for the third time this summer. Each previous time I have earned an "A" but it didn't transfer. The first was because the school called the class "Comparative History of Ideas" instead of Philosophy. Second because we didn't read enough source material. Not a huge deal except that it means I miss out on other classes that I really want to be taking. Sucks about your holds on finances, fcknoise!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 pm

There’s this big indictment of higher ed sitting in a word doc on my laptop (probably just therapy for myself), but I haven’t posted it here because why. But yeah that shit is all dumb.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby neonblack » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 pm

My tax return is delayed till the end of February and for some reason I got denied for the tax return loan thing that h&r block does that I've qualified for every year I can remember.

Fuck. Really needed that $$$
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm

friendship wrote:Finally entered the “applying to live in a Zen monastery” stage of chronic depression.

Vipassana? I had an ex who did that for 30 days or so, she was really calm for about a week after coming home and then went straight back to how she was before. I think when you come home from a place like that you have to start dedicating time to meditating and making fairly drastic changes to your lifestyle to actually see a lasting effect.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Fuck everythigng

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 pm

boy, am i pissed. first of all, my trusty flip phone died this week, and thus i have to get a new phone. i hate smartphones, but that's about all you can get nowadays, so i tried to get an acceptable (i.e. cheap) one that goes with my Virgin Mobile account. i found a nice cheap LG phone online via Walmart, and the Walmart site said there were none at my local store but they were available at the store in Ruckersville, 15 miles away. so i drive out to Ruckersville, where lo and behold, they don't have the fucking thing. so now i had to order it online and it won't be here until Thursday.

then to make things even better, there's a pair of outdoor shoes i've been trying to buy. ordered them in 8.5 because Amazon said they run small: too small. returned them and ordered in 9, my normal size: still too small. tried to order from another site, fucked up, and ordered in 9 again: have to return when they arrive. re-ordered from original site in 9.5: will arrive on Tuesday.

this internet buying thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. i really miss the days when you could just go to a store and find what you wanted. of course, that was in San Francisco; they don't have shit for stores in Charlottesville. there isn't even a decent record store here. :whateva: :grumpy:
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Snufkino » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 pm

friendship wrote:Finally entered the “applying to live in a Zen monastery” stage of chronic depression.

You must realise that you ARE the zen monastery. *insert floaty, rotatey guy smilie*

I can't remember if I've posted this before, but here you go.

Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 pm

dubkitty wrote:this internet buying thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. i really miss the days when you could just go to a store and find what you wanted. of course, that was in San Francisco; they don't have shit for stores in Charlottesville. there isn't even a decent record store here. :whateva: :grumpy:

Internet buying only really works when you're neurotic and wear the same clothes for years on end. :lol: :cry:

Also, yes.
Back in Texas there was a lot of variety where I lived because it had a large population and that population was mostly upper-middle class. Here, the food generally sucks unless you want to go on a half-hour drive and clothing stores only have clothes for high schoolers and construction workers. :(
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion