The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby codetocontra » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Yeah, it is super tempting at $12 right now. But I just splurged on the new Life is Strange, War of the Chosen dlc for XCom 2 and Edith Finch. Still want to get Cuphead and now N++ too. I will be busy for a while. Maybe Santa will bring me more point cards.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:44 am

Didn't realize that there is a free 10 hour trial for ME:A which I think is the prologue and first mission. Might give it a shot.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:54 am

Finally got to try a Switch today.

Guess what I'm getting myself for my birthday. :lol: :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:07 am

Lol, playing the free trial of Andromeda on PS4. Kind of enjoy it more on console than when I finished it on PC back in March/April. The dialog is hella cheesy but it's so much more compelling than Destiny and the art direction is still super tight. Might pick it up again and give it a replay... even if I never finished Nier or Persona 5.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:10 pm

codetocontra wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Started and finished Gone Home today. Good experience.

Have you checked out What Remains of Edith Finch? If not, please do! Don't look at videos or trailers. Jump in blind, feet first. :)*

I'm very tempted to play Edith Finch. I've only heard good things.

Watched the trailer. W T Fuck did I just watch? Purchased!

Nice! Let me know how you like it!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GAS KING » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 am

Andrew wrote:I was just going to bitch about how shit PUBG is. Jesus christ.

Terrible animation lag followed by a bullet to the head with horrid hit detection.

Yeah, I played it a little more since and it's still not great. Better than it was, but still mostly runs like shit and is laggy/rubberbandy.
GAS KING

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:20 pm

For xmas, i got wolfestein 2 and I got my gf resi7 coz she likes a good spook. My brother got a switch with Mario and it's given me the need.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:01 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
Andrew wrote:Finished RE7 Not A Hero yesterday. Can't complain, very fun free DLC.

Oh shit. I didn't know this was out yet! Gonna dl it right away! :snax:

I just got around to playing this today. Not bad at all, but definitely more actiony than I like my RE gameplay to be. Atmosphere was great though. New enemies too. :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:57 pm

people on here play left for dead 2 right? I might pick it up since it's $2 for a fun dumb game to play.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:34 am

Got Battle Garegga rev. 2016 for Christmas. So good - it's easy to see how much work M2 put into this port. I hope they get Dangun Feveron over here soon.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby Andrew » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:05 am

Never played PUBG in a squad. So much better, geez.

EDIT:
Jesus Christ, bought the R6: Siege starter pack. Played through the SP stuff and went into casual matches and was instantly killed by 'friendly fire' after apparently picking an operator that some other douchebag team mate wanted. What the fuck? :idk:

R6 good, but Overwatch still might be my go to, suprisingly I have zero shitty teenagers shouting at people whenever I am in Quickplay in OW.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 am

What Remains of Edith Finch was a wild ride. Much more of an interactive story but I found it fascinating. Love the trend of small games that are packed with details and rich story. Can't say I made a real connection to any of the characters though. Barbara's story was the best for the, uh...genre tropes.

Also finished The Turing Test. This game wants to be a serious Portal clone. But the story and the challenges are both weak and predictable. The end levels had a few tough challenges because there were suddenly a few mechanics that weren't introduced or obvious.

Next up is Life is Strange: Before the Storm.

My kids got a Switch and Mario Kart from Santa. So much fun sharing our time together with games.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bloatedsack » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Andrew wrote:Never played PUBG in a squad. So much better, geez.

EDIT:
Jesus Christ, bought the R6: Siege starter pack. Played through the SP stuff and went into casual matches and was instantly killed by 'friendly fire' after apparently picking an operator that some other douchebag team mate wanted. What the fuck? :idk:

R6S has the worst playerbase I've ever seen in a console game. Ever.

You risk getting shot in the back for anything, being kicked just because you're the last person alive, flashbangs in your face because some 8 year old thought it was funny and then we haven't even gotten into the actual game. PvP is going to be you up against some ritalin fueled tryhard who's been there since day one and has every fucking map memorized so that he can sit behind 3 walls and corner shoot you because he's trained to recognize the sound of the boards braking on a window.

If not, it's everyone creeping around corner peeking with such efficiency and that sort of waver back-and-forth flicking that i'ts just not fun (to me).
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby imJonWain » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:28 pm

bloatedsack wrote:flashbangs in your face because some 8 year old thought it was funny and then we haven't even gotten into the actual game.).

Not gonna lie, I get drunk/high and do this sometimes but usually only when people are raging and being wayyyyyyyyyyyy too serious.

Not in rs6 though, I dunno what that is.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:02 pm

bloatedsack wrote:
Andrew wrote:Never played PUBG in a squad. So much better, geez.

EDIT:

R6S has the worst playerbase I've ever seen in a console game. Ever.

You risk getting shot in the back for anything, being kicked just because you're the last person alive, flashbangs in your face because some 8 year old thought it was funny and then we haven't even gotten into the actual game. PvP is going to be you up against some ritalin fueled tryhard who's been there since day one and has every fucking map memorized so that he can sit behind 3 walls and corner shoot you because he's trained to recognize the sound of the boards braking on a window.

If not, it's everyone creeping around corner peeking with such efficiency and that sort of waver back-and-forth flicking that i'ts just not fun (to me).

Gotta say, I played another 3-4 hours and have started to get the swing of it now. Starting small and aiming to atleast get 1 kill and assist and not dying - which has been working out. I've only had one other squad that was really annoying, which I just muted everyone and reported one for intentionally destroyed my Armour supply box.

EDIT:
Much more time into it and really dig what the game does. It is still intimidating as fuuuuuck especially when it's down to the 1v2 and you utterly fail in front of your team. But most of the players are other Aussies in their 30s which are pretty chilled and supportive. Hope it get's less daunting soon though...
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion