Mystery Cort guitar

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Mystery Cort guitar

Postby Benn Roe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:12 pm

IMG_918.jpg

I have this guitar. I honestly don't know where it came from. I've tried to sell it cheaply a few times on Craigslist without much luck, but an acquaintance saw it yesterday and got really excited about buying it. He was mostly just stoked about the maple neck, but it made me second guess how cheaply I was selling it. I haven't been able to find any info about this particular guitar online, most Corts are pretty cheap, and this one has plenty of rusty hardware, so I'm gonna hook him up either way, but does anyone know anything about this model of guitar? To be honest, I don't even know what model it is.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Re: Mystery Cort guitar

Postby wafl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 pm

This isn't helpful but it looks like it says corl on the pickguard, which I find amusing.
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 pm

It's a copy of a fender lead 2 if that helps :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Benn Roe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 pm

wafl wrote:This isn't helpful but it looks like it says corl on the pickguard, which I find amusing.

Heh, yeah, that's just bad picture resolution. As funny as it would be to do a hack-job counterfeit of a brand that itself just knocks off other brands and often sells on the secondary market for under $100, it definitely says Cort on the headstock.

Mudfuzz wrote:It's a copy of a fender lead 2 if that helps :idk:

Thanks!
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Kacey Y » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am

I doubt it has any big market value, but I can see why some people would be stoked on it. I personally think it looks pretty cool, apart from the matching headstock finish. I like that Fender Lead II look though, the double cut shape, the Mustang/Duo Sonic style pickup configuration. I also have a thing for white/black/maple guitars lately too. The whole guitar screams Noise Rock to me, for some reason. I'd love to see an alum neck on there. I could also see it being a pseudo Johnny Ramone tribute kinda guitar too.

If I saw that on CL for $100 or less I'd probably buy it without thinking and it would sit on my workbench for 6 months before I put strings on it.
Last edited by Kacey Y on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kosta » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:42 pm

definitely digging the Fender Lead II vibe. Nice one!
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Man, I had it on Craigslist for months listed at $50, and only one guy ever expressed interest. But he was offering $40 and would only buy it if I met him at 30th Street Station with it, which was a sufficient enough turn-off for me to just sit on it. I'm happy to move it to my friend's friend for around that price. I was just curious how much of a deal he was getting. Thanks, everyone!

Corey Y wrote:I'd love to see an alum neck on there.

I actually have an EGC neck sitting around waiting for me to be able to afford the rest of the parts I want, but it's a tele-style square heel, so it would probably make for a weird fit.
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby imJonWain » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:25 pm

yeah I think it's just really cool looking, my first guitar was a Cort! There are fender lead copies with pretty much every 80s brand name on them floating around, you just see them less now than +15 years ago? I'd be all over that thing
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Here's a sorta similar Cort from probably around the same era (maybe a little earlier)?

https://reverb.com/item/7532259-cort-h- ... 970s-black

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Seedy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Definitely a cool guitar! This thread's a few weeks old but for $75 I might buy this guitar. For $60 I would definitely buy it. If it was $100 I would move on.

But if I owned it already I would dig in.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:28 pm

I just picked up the same Cort in the OP but it is black with the FMIC headstock shape. Neck has a slab maple fret board with what very much looks like a mahogany neck. Only thing it is missing is one tuner button. Either way for $40 out the door it is cool as stink.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Guitar and Bass