Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Zounds Perspex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 pm

sylnau wrote:Hey Zounds!!! Long time.
How do you like the Vintage Sound amp?

hey dooood. it has indeed!
the Vintage Sound is cool - classic Super Reverb thing with Diaz tremolo mod for extra gain on the second channel, dwell and presence added to the 'verb,
and the first channel has been revoiced for a sort of brownface/blackface thing - plus verb and trem are on both channels. Best clean sound you can hope for, imo.
Sounds great with a good distortion pedal, but I am never happy with any fuzz through it - just tooooo much high end, no matter how I try to eq.
I'm ready for my Electric head to be back from the shop so I can get *nasty* again. (Never let your cat use an amp as a perch, btw, no matter how high your current level of apathy.)

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Zounds Perspex wrote:OH HI I LOVE FUZZ. It's been...half a decade. I've been roaming the no man's land of grandpa guitars, but lately I've had a hankering to get stupid loud and obnoxious again, so...returned!

this seems like a good place to dive in - my current quiver -

the Bilt is the newest to me...pretty, pretty boss.

Everything here is fuckin boss

thanks holmes!
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Zounds Perspex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:zounds, your strap game is killer, are they all the same brand?

thanks!

top one is Original Fuzz, all the rest are Souldier.

not pictured - white Mustang bass with KISS Rock N' Roll Over strap, because LASER EYES.

Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Zounds Perspex wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:zounds, your strap game is killer, are they all the same brand?

thanks!

top one is Original Fuzz, all the rest are Souldier.

not pictured - white Mustang bass with KISS Rock N' Roll Over strap, because LASER EYES.

KISS!!!!!!! The laser eyes are flipping awesome
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm

drooooooooooooooooooooool
Is that a vintage jazzmaster?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Zounds Perspex » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 pm

repoman wrote:drooooooooooooooooooooool
Is that a vintage jazzmaster?

yep. body/pickups etc are from a '60, the neck is 61/62. :!!!:
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 am

don't know if this is okay to post here or not, but i don't know where else to post it:

This is my treasure and my first time ever posting a picture on ILF. It is a traditional thai instrument called phin. It is used in the Isan area of thailand. I bought it from a man who hand-makes them while i was working for the past ten days at a festival. I have wanted one for a long time, but have always wanted to wait and purchase one in person so that i could actually try it out. While taking a few minute lunch break, i ran across the festival to the booth that this man had set his shop up in. He sat down with me and showed me all his different phin hanging from the ceiling and after trying out a few, this was the one that i felt most comfortable playing and enjoyed the sound of. While i tested it for the final time, a blind man sitting right beside me who was waiting to perform on the music stage in about an hour or so right next to the booth commented on how he liked my playing. The shop owner was really surprised and asked the man if he wanted to show me his style of playing, to which he said he would like to use my instrument if i didn't mind. I told him i would love to hear him play, so i handed it over to him. He tuned it to the khan (type of mouth organ) the owner played. Then he smiled and just started shredding. I have never seen anyone play an instrument that precise, quickly, or confidently. He was flew over the frets and after he finished his song and solos, he thanked me and invited me to watch him play that night. I told him i had to return to my booth, but told him i was thankful that i could hear him play.

I love the resonance of this instrument. I really would like to find a pickup of some sort to allow me to use effects and and amp with it in the near future. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. I would like to try to not use anything that will damage the instrument itself if possible. also, the strings are very close to the actual body of the instrument, which kind of limits my options. I love lace alumitone pickups in my guitar, so naturally i was inclined to maybe try out the lace matchbook sensor, but ideally i think something that was thin like the the dobro or california acoustic pickup would fit better maybe. I need to measure the actual space so that i know for sure my limits, but i would be interested to hear people's experiences with things like this and maybe even piezo pickups and such

in the future i am looking at using a lot more acoustic instruments, both plucked and bowed, so any experience or thoughts would be great.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby The_Unknown_Man » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:51 am

ibarakishi wrote:don't know if this is okay to post here or not, but i don't know where else to post it:

This is my treasure and my first time ever posting a picture on ILF. It is a traditional thai instrument called phin. It is used in the Isan area of thailand. I bought it from a man who hand-makes them while i was working for the past ten days at a festival. I have wanted one for a long time, but have always wanted to wait and purchase one in person so that i could actually try it out. While taking a few minute lunch break, i ran across the festival to the booth that this man had set his shop up in. He sat down with me and showed me all his different phin hanging from the ceiling and after trying out a few, this was the one that i felt most comfortable playing and enjoyed the sound of. While i tested it for the final time, a blind man sitting right beside me who was waiting to perform on the music stage in about an hour or so right next to the booth commented on how he liked my playing. The shop owner was really surprised and asked the man if he wanted to show me his style of playing, to which he said he would like to use my instrument if i didn't mind. I told him i would love to hear him play, so i handed it over to him. He tuned it to the khan (type of mouth organ) the owner played. Then he smiled and just started shredding. I have never seen anyone play an instrument that precise, quickly, or confidently. He was flew over the frets and after he finished his song and solos, he thanked me and invited me to watch him play that night. I told him i had to return to my booth, but told him i was thankful that i could hear him play.

I love the resonance of this instrument. I really would like to find a pickup of some sort to allow me to use effects and and amp with it in the near future. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. I would like to try to not use anything that will damage the instrument itself if possible. also, the strings are very close to the actual body of the instrument, which kind of limits my options. I love lace alumitone pickups in my guitar, so naturally i was inclined to maybe try out the lace matchbook sensor, but ideally i think something that was thin like the the dobro or california acoustic pickup would fit better maybe. I need to measure the actual space so that i know for sure my limits, but i would be interested to hear people's experiences with things like this and maybe even piezo pickups and such

in the future i am looking at using a lot more acoustic instruments, both plucked and bowed, so any experience or thoughts would be great.

That's gorgeous :cool:
The_Unknown_Man

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:59 am

The instrument and the story are just flipping awesome,

my first thought regarding the pickup was some type of piezo
have any details on the construction? Woods and such?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:The instrument and the story are just flipping awesome,

my first thought regarding the pickup was some type of piezo
have any details on the construction? Woods and such?

the body and neck are one solid piece of wood, and the neck is pretty thick in the back but narrow width wise. The headstock is a Naga, and hand-carved. i don't know what the wood translates to in english, i only know the thai name. But it is a type of local wood. Their are two types that are usually used. This type like i have is actually considered to be the lesser of the two, purely due to its color and how Thai people value color a lot. The second type is a very red type of wood. usually the type that i have is kind of generally looked at as cheaper aesthetically and considered to be used more by blind players because they cannot see the physical differences. But on playing and listening to it, i actually liked how this type of wood resonated and played. The fretboard is made of the same type of wood. This was the only one with the almost marbled coloring across the frets. the whole thing is lacquered to prevent mold and insect damage. Really they are both woods of similar quality though, and usually sell for the same price, they are just valued culturally due to color. But other instruments in Thailand have specific traditions of being made out of wood too. I know what the wood from sueng instruments are traditionally made from what is called jackfruit trees in english. coconuts and other things are used for saw (bowed instrument). there are many things, and some vary on location too.

i have almost no real experience with piezos. are their any that might work better than others or be of better quality for something like this?

EDIT: the body and neck are one piece, the top of the body with the soundhole is another piece. The fretboard is a separate piece of wood too with metal frets
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:40 pm

That is an awesome instrument. Looking forward to hear you playing it!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby adamajah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Ditto!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:42 pm

That's awesome. You might want to look into contact mic like this guy http://barcusberry.com/product.cfm?ProductID=14
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Gorgeous so is your floor. :love:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:55 pm

That is a beautiful instrument!
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:45 pm

That's a beautiful instrument my friend!!!
Also a beautiful fucking floor!!!
Your cat looks like it knows things...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass