Pladask Elektrisk - Tåken (Dual Tape Head Delay)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pladask Elektrisk - Tåken (Dual Tape Head Delay)

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:[
actualidiot wrote:All respect to Knobs, UC and who have you for doing demos, but I can't stand this aesthetic contributing to the "ooo shiny" aspect and shit.
Also I'm having a good day, as you can tell.

I have no problem with that. The way I see it, right now off the top of my head, there are essentially four ways to do these things:

1. The Devi era way: your phone and potato quality video and audio. Carpeted floors with old socks, cig butts and bottle caps.

2. The chatty era: "this is the mix knob and you'll never guess what it does"

3. The Knobs era: make shit look nice, have witty and informative commentary in text.

4. Parody/stand up. Aen and Billy Cardigan style.

Some like the mother, some like the daughter. Fair either way as far as I'm concerned. I'm showing off what a music tool does, how I want to. Sometimes I'm lazy and do the cellphone thing, sometimes I talk instead of writing captions, other times I want to put some real work into it and do the "Knobs" thing, if you will. I have yet to get the humor/parody thing on lock. I'm not really a "in front of the camera" person. Nor am I especially charismatic or funny. :p

Edit: quoted the wrong quote :)*

I like Billy Cardigan.

#edgelord
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm

I like him too. I like the black amp and brown guitar. Tone for days!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I like him too. I like the black amp and brown guitar. Tone for days!

I really prefer the blue guitar
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:24 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:For my next demo I'll never play the pedal.

"This setting is super nice, trust me. It goes like bwaaaaaaaaaah"

I've used UC's rig. He gets great Bwaaaaaahhhhh
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:For my next demo I'll never play the pedal.

"This setting is super nice, trust me. It goes like bwaaaaaaaaaah"

:lol:

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I think a lot of folks need to watch some Knobs videos then scroll through Youtube demos and see that 90% of the folks out there are actually copying him. :) No joke. It's kind of ridiculous. That being said, any demo made of a pedal is a better than not having a demo.

I've said it before and I will say it again I am really happy Knobs got people to shut the fuck up during demos, including me. Unless I have a funny satirical bit, my demos are going to be music/pedal all the way through. Anything else is just a vlog with fun bits.

And if you all want some less pretty/shiney, more real demos I will do my next demo on top of the pile of dirty laundry that is always in my music room. :p
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't understand the conflict and I think I'm ok with not knowing.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby affectperdals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 am

Olin wrote:
Nice to see Pladask getting around though! Those Form pedals look really interesting too.

Here's a little clip I made a FORM. The pedal is dope but the concept behind it is awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd4WJ1PlQB7/?hl=en
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby Pete » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 pm

So I read this thread, and I wish I hadn't. Kind of want to chime in on some things here:

I really don't understand the people (mainly the one guy) giving affectperdals such a hard time. I think it's fucking ridiculous and totally uncalled for. Honestly, I think there is frequently a weird and condescending attitude from some of the regular posters here, towards newer posters. It's one thing if you're calling out people who are actual tools, but pretty much any new poster who shares demo videos or talks about their pedal designs, gets ripped apart for "self-serving promotion", or whatever. And honestly, even if that is their main motive, who fucking cares, and what's so wrong with that? We all share a common interest in music, effects, sound textures, gear, etc. It's the common interest that justifies this forum's existence, yet people get all dramatic and condescending when a new poster wants to share their contribution towards this common interest, and doesn't commit to also dedicating all their spare time to having discussions with each other on this forum. Honestly, I have no idea how most of the regular posters here have so much free time to post on here so frequently, nearly every day, and still have time for a full time job, family, kids, practicing their instrument, etc. This probably sounds like a diss, but I think about this often when I'm browsing this site. I think a lot of you guys just have WAY better time management skills than I do. I have no idea how so many of you are able to balance all of life's stuff, and also find the time to post in discussions on this board, nearly daily. It kind of makes me jealous, cause I just can't do that. I've had an account here since 2014, and have like 600 something posts... I don't post a lot. I've wasted way too much time typing up this post, as it is. So most of affectperdals' posts are in threads about his/her demo videos. Why does this matter? Maybe he/she isn't interested in dedicating themselves full time in becoming part of a message board community, and why should he/she? And judging from this thread at least, he/she seems to respond and participate in discussion to the actual relevant posts that are actually about the pedal, rather than posting a video, then bailing on the thread.

I'm rambling now, and am talking too much about something which isn't even the main thing that bothered me in this thread. What bothered me most, was that one poster going on and on trying to make affectperdals look like an asshole, when really he just made himself look like a condescending dick. Whenever affectperdals tried to defend himself/herself (after getting ripped on for pretty much no reason), the responses were all, "Oh look at this pathetic guy, who just has to stir up shit-What a psychopath! Here's some PM's that were supposed to be private, that I'll share-Look how this guy is trying to cordially ask me to stop jumping down his throat and calling him an asshole for no reason! Lol, what a self-absorbed dick!" Give me a break. :whateva:
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby Pete » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 pm

So in summary, I get worked up when people get worked up over stupid unimportant shit, so I'm part of the problem. :lol:
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Pete wrote:Honestly, I have no idea how most of the regular posters here have so much free time to post on here so frequently, nearly every day, and still have time for a full time job, family, kids, practicing their instrument, etc.

I don't know about these other guys, but I work from home. In front of a computer. Unsupervised. :animal:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Hey Pete,

Thanks for bringing all this up again and singling me out as a condescending dick. I posted the PMs because he was playing the innocent victim here while harassing me in PMs with inaccurate claims and copy/pasted responses. No, I still don't use Reddit. I also tried apologizing, but apparently still too condescending, but I guess you missed that.

Yours truly.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:54 pm

And FWIW, affectperdals is assimilating into ILF much better these days. Still has thin skin but that will eventually callous.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Holy shit, why is there always controversy around this dude. :eek:

Text wall:
NSFW: show
Pete wrote:Honestly, I think there is frequently a weird and condescending attitude from some of the regular posters here, towards newer posters. It's one thing if you're calling out people who are actual tools, but pretty much any new poster who shares demo videos or talks about their pedal designs, gets ripped apart for "self-serving promotion", or whatever. And honestly, even if that is their main motive, who fucking cares, and what's so wrong with that? We all share a common interest in music, effects, sound textures, gear, etc. It's the common interest that justifies this forum's existence, yet people get all dramatic and condescending when a new poster wants to share their contribution towards this common interest, and doesn't commit to also dedicating all their spare time to having discussions with each other on this forum.

This issue (overall) hasn't simply been, "oh, you're new and posted a video but haven't participated a lot, so fuck you", it was about the fact that all of his posts were new threads created to promote his videos, at one time. Eventually (I think?) he wised up and quit doing that.

I guess there was some other issue in this thread, but I don't care enough to read it. :lol:

Pete wrote:Honestly, I have no idea how most of the regular posters here have so much free time to post on here so frequently, nearly every day, and still have time for a full time job, family, kids, practicing their instrument, etc. This probably sounds like a diss, but I think about this often when I'm browsing this site. I think a lot of you guys just have WAY better time management skills than I do. I have no idea how so many of you are able to balance all of life's stuff, and also find the time to post in discussions on this board, nearly daily. It kind of makes me jealous, cause I just can't do that. I've had an account here since 2014, and have like 600 something posts... I don't post a lot. I've wasted way too much time typing up this post, as it is.

I work from home and usually have Netflix open on one tab and ILF open on another on my main computer while I work. Since I see most new threads/posts as they happen, it's easy to keep up.

Pete wrote:So most of affectperdals' posts are in threads about his/her demo videos. Why does this matter? Maybe he/she isn't interested in dedicating themselves full time in becoming part of a message board community, and why should he/she?

Why join a tight-knit forum like ILF primarily for clicks (this is a general thing, I'm not trying to say anything about affectperdals here)?
If that's all you're interested in, TGP would be a much better place because ILF's relationship with self-promoters is quite volatile unless you're a regular.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 am

Pete wrote:So I read this thread, and I wish I hadn't. Kind of want to chime in on some things here:

Honestly, I have no idea how most of the regular posters here have so much free time to post on here so frequently, nearly every day, and still have time for a full time job, family, kids, practicing their instrument, etc. This probably sounds like a diss, but I think about this often when I'm browsing this site. I think a lot of you guys just have WAY better time management skills than I do. I have no idea how so many of you are able to balance all of life's stuff, and also find the time to post in discussions on this board, nearly daily. It kind of makes me jealous, cause I just can't do that. I've had an account here since 2014, and have like 600 something posts... I don't post a lot.

:

Remember that South Park episode where Kyle's family moves to SF and people are smelling their own farts? Ya...can't help but see a direct correlation here.

And if you're going to drag up shit from a couple months ago because you have an issue with a poster...grow some balls and use their name instead of being a passive aggressive twat.

C2C apologized...So, to me, it seems moronic to bring it up again as assholes like me will undoubtedly call you a twat for doing so

:thumb:

Fart sniffer.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:43 pm

raj007 wrote:
Pete wrote:So I read this thread, and I wish I hadn't. Kind of want to chime in on some things here:

Honestly, I have no idea how most of the regular posters here have so much free time to post on here so frequently, nearly every day, and still have time for a full time job, family, kids, practicing their instrument, etc. This probably sounds like a diss, but I think about this often when I'm browsing this site. I think a lot of you guys just have WAY better time management skills than I do. I have no idea how so many of you are able to balance all of life's stuff, and also find the time to post in discussions on this board, nearly daily. It kind of makes me jealous, cause I just can't do that. I've had an account here since 2014, and have like 600 something posts... I don't post a lot.

:

Remember that South Park episode where Kyle's family moves to SF and people are smelling their own farts? Ya...can't help but see a direct correlation here.

And if you're going to drag up shit from a couple months ago because you have an issue with a poster...grow some balls and use their name instead of being a passive aggressive twat.

C2C apologized...So, to me, it seems moronic to bring it up again as assholes like me will undoubtedly call you a twat for doing so

:thumb:

Fart sniffer.

Yeah, that's a good episode. :lol: I see what you're getting at, though it felt good to share something that's been on my mind for a while, which I guess got dredged up again after I got frustrated from reading this thread. I probably harped on that part of my post you quoted for too long, as it wasn't as relevant to this thread as the other stuff I posted. I knew I was going to get criticized for my post, and so far the backlash hasn't been as bad as I expected. :thumb: I think it was more about me oversharing frustrations I have with myself. I don't post a lot here, and in a moment of internet frustration, I said some stuff that while I meant it, probably should have been kept to myself, although it felt good to get it out there, and I didn't care about the backlash.

About bringing up an argument a few months old-I see now that most of the posts in this thread are from November, and there was only one post from January on this page of the thread, before I posted. Whoops. :lol: I thought it was a more recent discussion, since it was a thread near the top of the first page. I sometimes forget to check the posting dates.

I thought I was showing at least a little restraint by not specifically naming names in my original post, but fair enough-I thought both codetocontra, as well as yourself were both being douchey to the OP, purposefully tying to antagonize him for weak reasons, than continued to do so, when he naturally tried to defend himself. And I was upset, because no one else seemed interested in defending affectperdals
Pete

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear