Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:09 am

manymanyhaha wrote:six amps so only covering two thirds :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Get a matrix mixer. Two thirds, one stone.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:17 am

Incoming - Redsound Soundbite Micro...... never seen anyone using one of these, so I grabbed one to muck about with and see if it's at all useful. Probably not. BUT if it is, tiny basic stereo looper/glitcher for tabletop setup with stereo minijacks ftw.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:21 am

MrNovember wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I love my Sub 37, congrats! I still don't fully get the "new" version. There's some tweaks and I'm sure they're great, but they hardly seem worth it. If they kept the CV from the limited version I might understand

Apparently an upgrade may be available in the future, although I haven't been able to find this from an official Moog source:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... nt-37/amp/

Got an email from Moog this morning:
Current Sub 37 owners who would like to update their synthesizer with the hardware revisions found in the newly released Subsequent 37 can now contact an Authorized Moog Service Center to upgrade their instrument.

The upgrade is offered in two configurations:

The Full Sub 37 Upgrade: $350 + shipping
Replaces Analog Board (Subsequent sound engine), Right-Panel Board (high-powered headphone amp) and Key-bed with those found in the Subsequent 37. User pays shipping one-way, Moog covers the return shipping.

Key-bed Only Update: $159 + shipping
Installs the Subsequent 37's upgraded Key-bed for improved playability and swift action. User pays shipping one-way, Moog covers the return shipping.

I sent my Authorised Moog Service people an email for more info and they'd say they'll get back to me shortly once they have all the details.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 pm

ck3 wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:should i pull the trigger on a land device hp-2... :?: :facepalm: im so confused :cry: :snax: just got some dough and feel shyitty bout spendin over 160 for a fuzz.... :erm: :whateva:

The build quality is beyond solid, and the army green finish adds just the right amount of "hoss" to just about any board, but there are more affordable and feature-laden perc variants out there. Still, the combo of transistors that Land Devices chose interacts magically as a boost for almost all Muff-type fuzzes and seriously brings the doom.

Mine shipped, can't wait to get loud with it!

I also got a Creepy Fingers dizzy tone which sounds amazing, might even pull me away from the fuzz face sound for the first time in a year or something.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 pm

ugh! that sounds so good...I need to sell this skychord cmos drone to level out a guilt trip.
been eyein creepy finger pedals too. :drool:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:51 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:I went a bit, well :animal: today

Ah, that's bananas. I think you went less :animal: and more
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi my name is Brett and I'm a gear whore. I buy some gear, build a lot of gear and I own like 14 guitars. I'm a big loser, but I don't give a fuck.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:10 am

comesect2.0 wrote:ugh! that sounds so good...I need to sell this skychord cmos drone to level out a guilt trip.
been eyein creepy finger pedals too. :drool:

yeah Brad's pedals are really sexy inside and out, i have to stop myself grabbing ever single one I see for sale. the dizzy tone is so weird though. It has a regular fuzz/gain/attack/sustain knob like most old fuzzes, then a weird tone knob that also does some kind of clean blend/bias thing, and the volume control apparently effects the bias of Q2. I've only had it a couple of days but yeah, sounds excellent and it's a big brown sparkly enclosure :)*

[Vid by previous owner]
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:23 am

So I went over to the Field Kit FX kickstarter to re-read everything, saw that there was only 1 package left for non-eurorack non-extra cables and stuff and freaked out and ordered it. So that is incoming in.... 5months? Hope I'm still pumped for it by then.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 am

MrNovember wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I love my Sub 37, congrats! I still don't fully get the "new" version. There's some tweaks and I'm sure they're great, but they hardly seem worth it. If they kept the CV from the limited version I might understand

Apparently an upgrade may be available in the future, although I haven't been able to find this from an official Moog source:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... nt-37/amp/

Got an email from Moog this morning:
Current Sub 37 owners who would like to update their synthesizer with the hardware revisions found in the newly released Subsequent 37 can now contact an Authorized Moog Service Center to upgrade their instrument.

The upgrade is offered in two configurations:

The Full Sub 37 Upgrade: $350 + shipping
Replaces Analog Board (Subsequent sound engine), Right-Panel Board (high-powered headphone amp) and Key-bed with those found in the Subsequent 37. User pays shipping one-way, Moog covers the return shipping.

Key-bed Only Update: $159 + shipping
Installs the Subsequent 37's upgraded Key-bed for improved playability and swift action. User pays shipping one-way, Moog covers the return shipping.

I sent my Authorised Moog Service people an email for more info and they'd say they'll get back to me shortly once they have all the details.

Let me know how this goes, I'm seriously considering getting it done.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am

@worra and @November - Unpopular opinion but, (preface to 'unpopular opinion') I think the stuff you're doing on the 37 sounds great as is. (Actual unpopular opinion) Save your money and get cool 'forward thinking' pedals when they come out. It it's not broke, don't fix it.

Seriously, do either of you have problems with the current keyboard? As said both of yours 'sound' good to me so I don't know. Doesn't seem worth it.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 am

$harkToootth wrote:@worra and @November - Unpopular opinion but, (preface to 'unpopular opinion') I think the stuff you're doing on the 37 sounds great as is. (Actual unpopular opinion) Save your money and get cool 'forward thinking' pedals when they come out. It it's not broke, don't fix it.

Seriously, do either of you have problems with the current keyboard? As said both of yours 'sound' good to me so I don't know. Doesn't seem worth it.

I don't really have any serious issues with mine. The keybed is fine but I guess it's not the most amazing keybed in the world or anything - just curious to hear someone that's had it both ways. :thumb:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 am

Yeah I'm still on the fence about the whole upgrade. I was reaching out for more info re: total prices in Canada and total turn around time. I still need to a little more research on the actual upgrade specifics as well.

It is definitely going to come down to either upgrading it or buying a Polymoon for me
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:59 am

^^^Did you ever get the RML (I should know I stalk your material, alas I don't)? Sounds like an opportune time.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:13 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:six amps so only covering two thirds :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Get a matrix mixer. Two thirds, one stone.

Pladask 4x6 on the board!

damnableman wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:I went a bit, well :animal: today

Ah, that's bananas. I think you went less :animal: and more

actually more :excellent: :excellent: :excellent:
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear