the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:15 am

aens_wife wrote:whoa, for real? In wisconsin, your first offense was under $1k and you keep your license.

Actually, apparently I am not for real. I was way off. I thought I saw it on a poster (billboard) somewhere. You do get a suspended license on the first offense but I could not be farther off on the fine. It's still not a pleasant situation to be in. Sorry, not trying to spread false information.
For further reading (who on Earth would?) http://www.nj.gov/oag/hts/downloads/dui-bro-eng.pdf
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 am

Keeping the thread on topic...I am very HAPPY all of 'Twitch City' is on YouTube.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:50 am

Yeah I've had several friends get em here in TX and it's not fun. Your license is suspended, but you can get some sort of allowance to drive yourself to work. Fines/lawyers can indeed end up being like $10K.

How I didn't get one when I drank is absolutely beyond me. So maybe this response does fit in the happiness thread :p
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 am

My bro-in-law has like 5 or something. He had the built in blower you have to puff on to start the car and everything. That was like 15 years ago before the state of Washington made it essentially a capital punishment.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah a couple of my friends have ended up with those. Fucking gnarly.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Finally got down to having band practice with a metronome, and it went well. I was expecting it to go horribly.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 am

My 5-year-old Sennheiser cans kicked it last week - blown driver in the left ear. However, I took this opportunity to upgrade and I'm currently listening to my new bluetooth Sennheiser PCX550s, and they are awesome. Now I've got one less wire in my music nest AND I can use these while I'm screen printing without worrying about getting wires caught on moving parts etc. I feel so space age wearing them.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 am

OH and I almost forgot. On Sunday a musician, whose music & scene I'm a huge fanboy for (s.al of hip hop label Ruby Yacht) asked me if I wanna go on a 10-day tour with him and a third person (TBD) next year, each of us doing solo sets. I'm honestly still geeking out. He knows me because I've been hitting him up in Instagram messages & buying everything he releases for over 2 years, so I guess my ceaseless dedication is starting to pay dividends :')
Furthermore the idea came to him after his label co-owner/tourmate, Milo (AKA my favorite rapper #1 GOAT), brought up how dope the show I threw him in 2015 was, so this means my favorite rapper still remembers a show I threw him as something of a standout, and I'm just humbled beyond belief by all of this.

Feeling the urge to up the level of my craft about 10-fold between now and then :lol:
No dates worked out or anything, but maybe April/May? I've got a couple dozen bands that I've booked/befriended/put up on tour who can help me set stuff up, and the Ruby Yacht fanboys are die hard folks, so our combined buying power will definitely make booking easy. I'll be sure to share the dates when we work them out; it'd be hella tight to get to meet some of y'all on the road.
Last edited by baremountain on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Working on my skill and technique is finally starting to pay off. Tapping is suddenly hella easy and ive been writing some interesting riffs. Cant wait to flesh these ideas out.

Bare my dude, thats awesome! You coming thru my neck of the woods for that tour?
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Hell yeah! Haha I gottta get on that technique train. My attention span has gone to shit & I haven't really *practiced* anything in quite some time, so it'll be an uphill battle.
Looks like it's just gonna be the south, but I'll let you know for sure :thumb:

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby resincum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:24 pm

ayy that is cool as hell :) ya'll should come thru El Paso.. i can help set up something proper
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Strange Tales » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Shit that's tight. Milo is so good. Ruby Yacht, etc.

Stoked to see that happen if you come through the NE.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Scrooged is such a good movie
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 am

resincum wrote:ayy that is cool as hell :) ya'll should come thru El Paso.. i can help set up something proper

If for nothing else I'll take you up on this so I can hear that beautiful Polymoon IRL :p

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:03 pm

my EP is finished! Goodness me.

First music I'm ever "releasing" solo. Which isn't a big deal because nobody will care and I don't intend to make money or anything, but it's cool anyway
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion