Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby cherler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm

That looks fantastic!
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby cloudscapes » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Oh that's so nice, I especially love the LEDs for each stage. So useful for finetuning waves with a scope. Is that range switch on the bottom of the switches? Does that switch it from 0-10 to -5-5?

If you ever decide to open-source stuff let me know about this one, I am really interested in how many waveshapes it can make, especially in that 6HP package.

No the volt range is 0-8, and there's an attenuator knob. The range switch is the time/rate range between long and short for the attack/decay/release. Short is like between a few milliseconds to a couple seconds long. Long is a second to like a minute long, for really long envelopes. There's a loop switch too.

Only 3 banks of wavetables so far, and one of them is the more traditional ramp/curve blend. I'll brobably end up swapping the alternative banks for more interesting waves once I've made some. It was just so easy to plug a switch there that did it, even if my banks are just temporary.

I checked out briefly over the holidays how to open source stuff, github I think needs you to make a local repository and I didnt figure out how to do that yet. I might start by releasing source my own way on my blog first, before I figure github out. I think I'll open source the hollow earth pedal first. Supply PCB layout/gerbers, oshpark PCB project, compiled source code, and raw source code, BOM, and some simple instructions. Then maybe the anti-nautilus. Then after these euro modules I've been making.
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 pm

i love this thread. always really excited when people post something new
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby AZX309 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 pm

cloudscapes wrote:I checked out briefly over the holidays how to open source stuff, github I think needs you to make a local repository and I didnt figure out how to do that yet. I might start by releasing source my own way on my blog first, before I figure github out. I think I'll open source the hollow earth pedal first. Supply PCB layout/gerbers, oshpark PCB project, compiled source code, and raw source code, BOM, and some simple instructions. Then maybe the anti-nautilus. Then after these euro modules I've been making.

that would be super fun! Let me know if you need help with anything i would be more then willing to help with a bom or a build guide
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am

Real motherfucker to build.

木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 am

woah
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 am

Strange Tales wrote:Real motherfucker to build.

Oh shit! Nice work. I didn't know they'd combined the analog and digital boards. I have an early rev that is mostly stuffed (I need to swap out resistors on the scaling side, as I built that wrong) but is waiting on an ASM-2 before further attention.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 am

Yep! Rev 2 is the only reason that I even pulled a trigger for the kit. Doing all that wiring would drive me insane (I really do not like wiring because it offends my neat freak).

Not like lining those connectors up is all that better haha, but at least it isn't wiring.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 am

Strange Tales wrote:Real motherfucker to build.

Seeing this with no warning almost made me throw up with aesthetic overwhelming.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cherler » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 am

Corey Y wrote:Seeing this with no warning almost made me throw up with aesthetic overwhelming.

Way too many knobs and shit is the only A | E | S | T | H | E | T | I | C that matters :cool:

Edit: if it wasn't totally clear I think it looks amazing :lol:
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Wait you think I use this shit? I spent thousands of dollars only to curate my specific musicians concrete aesthetic.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:34 am

Just my crappy builds .. but woweeeeee. This thing is bananas. It's got all kinds of horrible noises from the throats of dying ghosts from the abyss... And it's also a decent overdrive pedal if you flip the switches and back the 1 knob off.

Overall one of the more interesting circuits I've built in a while (Schumann PLL with both add-ons aside) and I definitely have spent a couple hours already droning with it.
Attachments
170940-800x800.jpeg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AZX309 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Ive always wanted to make one of those. Seems like every devi pedal rolled into one.
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:42 pm

AZX309 wrote:Ive always wanted to make one of those. Seems like every devi pedal rolled into one.

I highly recommend it. Her pedals are kind of novelty noisers to me, but I have a Bit and I love that, I also just finished boxing my ShoeGazer and that's fun too... but the Improbability Drive... It's truly a unique device. You won't regret it.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects