Sorry

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Sorry

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:44 am

I know that this is the DIY forum not the talk about your personal life forum but I feel compelled to admit my mistakes to the people here that I have offended. After losing both my parents, my house, my business for a while I got a little crazy and a little angry. I was only drinking and smoking weed but I still think that was part of the problem not the solution. I am involved in a few different programs now that offer me the help I need with housing, counseling, staying sober and learning what it means to have normal human to human interactions. I have Asperger's syndrome and ADD. I also have a way of breaking promises or you might call it not finishing things. I admit my faults and I will do anything I can to build my future and to build healthy relationships. I am sitting in my new office today typing this from eatyourguitar.com head quarters. I am the sober CEO. If there were any delays in shipping PCB's while I was homeless during december, they have all been sorted now. Some of the people I have burned will never forgive me, some of them will. I forgive everyone that I was mad at including myself. I have made the decision to remove myself from all forums until I have the cognitive social skills to overcome Asperger's syndrome and also the recovering addict skills needed to build healthy relationships. I will continue to provide fast shipping and excellent customer service for eatyourguitar.com I will only display what is in stock and I will only sell what is in stock. I will not be doing any repairs in the coming year nor will I be building anything. for many reasons, I simply can not do that at this time and possibly I may never be able to operate that kind of business responsibly. I am still doing PCB design but I have more than enough clients providing me with more than enough work. My body of work exists in the form of 10,000 posts spread across 5 forums. most of the tutorials, shared experiences and original circuits are still out there. also out there is an honest record of every drunk rambling post where I was unable to control my anger or otherwise communicate.

eatyourguitar.com is not dead, the pcb store is open, the rest of it is to be determined. wish me luck (or tell me to fuck off) in 2018. this is the new year so I think this a good time for a change. if anyone is going through something similar I want you to know that you are not alone. over and out...EATyourGUITAR

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Sorry

Postby crochambeau » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am

Happy new year! Good to hear you've established a path from out of the muck, my condolences over the rough patch.

eatyourguitar wrote:My body of work exists in the form of 10,000 posts spread across 5 forums.

For all I know, you have a back-up of this body of work and all is well. If not, you may wish to consolidate it somewhere as archive. I've lost thousands of posts to forum shut downs, most of which were during my "this is great!" phase prior to any inset of forum burn-out.

Here's to a better '18!
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:44 pm

I'm glad you have a solid plan forward dawg. I'm sorry that you had to experience the long slow burn of such a gnarly downward spiral, though you were always cool to me. I hope the coming year is good to you, Me, and everyone else for that matter. The world is a pile of shit sometimes and we need all the help we can get.

As they said In the 90's, Stay up.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 pm

I have been in a similar place before and I feel you man. I think you're a good dude and have been here a long time. Get right with yourself, stay the course and take it a day at a time. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:59 am

owning your own mistakes is huge, as is not blaming other people for them. I wish you the best with the upcoming year and congrats on starting to get your life together again. stay honest and open, and other people will be happy to help you if you are also willing to continue to keep helping yourself stay right
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Ben79 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm

I hope you won't be leaving us here EYG, I always get a bit excited when I see you've responded on a thread. You know your stuff and I get to have a go at learning something and I also enjoy your occasional heavy handedness - I think it adds a bit of colour to the place.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you a bit through here. Sending me free PCBs, fixing my Rosac wah-fuzz and sending it over to the UK and not charging me anything for your time, chiming in with expertise I can't understand when I ask for help.

And this is a DIY electronics forum, surely we're all a bit autistic here! It's not like I can go down the pub and find people to talk about capacitors and opamps with so I love this forum and it's a bit cosier than the big ones.

Anyway, I wish you well in finding some balance or whatever it is you need to be healthy.

I must build up that Wolf Computer PCB soon.
Ben79

experienced
experienced

Postby imJonWain » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Good luck man, + 1 of saving some more informative posts into a text somewhere. I save a lot of pages as PDFs on my PC jik
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Its ok man. I know I snapped back at you in my thread, but I didn't take into account that there might be more going on that I wasn't aware of.

I've got a shit head temper, and you didn't deserve me getting pissy.

Take as much time as you need man, I'm sorry life dealt you a shit hand. It will get better. We're here for you if you need us.

Good luck. :hug:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:14 pm

I hope things improve for you in 2018. I never had any problems with the great PCBs you sent me :)
moid

experienced
experienced

Return to DIY Effects