what's the good metal now?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: what's the good metal now?

Postby John Matrix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 pm

This shit rules. The vocals are pretty over the top but damn.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:25 pm

I still really dig:
Rings of Saturn: Lugal Ki En
Born of Osiris: All albums
Wretched: All albums
Atlantis Chronicles: both albums
Black Dahlia Murder: All albums
As Blood Runs Black: All albums
Necrophagist: All albums

And tons more. None of it is "new" but it may be new to you. Pretty good stuff imo. But I've been wrong before
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dozicusmaximus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Been enjoying the hell out of this the past week.

One of my faves from this year.

One of my faves from last year.
Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä

I enjoy the weirder trippy black metal stuff.
Blut Aus Nord, Leviathan, Deathspell Omega, Plebian Grandstand, Aluk Todolo,

I also enjoy the black gaze stuff. Not that big into Deafheaven.
But Alcest is great. Early stuff more black. Later stuff more gaze. Newest one is more in the mid point. Anything Neige is involved with is good. But I'm a fanboy. Lantlos, Amesoeurs, Peste Noire

So.... +1 from me on a lot of stuff. Primitive Man is great. Not a lot of bands around doing that Grief/Noothgrush style of crushing sludge. Also that Vermin Womb albums is one of my faves from 2016.

New Portal album coming out soon. Pretty excited for that. They kind of changed everything for me as far as death metal goes when I first listened to Outre.
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:55 am

BetterOffShred wrote:I still really dig:
Rings of Saturn: Lugal Ki En
Born of Osiris: All albums
Wretched: All albums
Atlantis Chronicles: both albums
Black Dahlia Murder: All albums
As Blood Runs Black: All albums
Necrophagist: All albums

And tons more. None of it is "new" but it may be new to you. Pretty good stuff imo. But I've been wrong before

That Rings of Saturn album is one of the worst albums I've heard :lol:
Glad you dig it though dude!
I will however agree that Necrophagist are pretty unimpeachable.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby dozicusmaximus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm

I think I lost a "friend" over that album on FB. He was sucking off the album like it was the most ahead of it's time incredible forward thinking album of all time.
The musicianship is great and I like the theme. But it has been done before... many times. That was my only point. Just because it has sweeps and breakdowns doesn't make it a brand new idea.
I think I said something like the dudes in the band must love Nintendo, Gorguts, and Voivod.

dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby ofconnor » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:04 pm

I don't listen to much death metal but I saw CRUCIAMENTUM recently and they were unreal. Both their new EP and their last full length are well worth a listen.

https://cruciamentum.bandcamp.com/

I'll also echo the recommendation of PRIMITIVE MAN, I got to see them last month too and they were immense.
ofconnor

interested
interested

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

How do you guys feel about Aversions Crown? I listened to both albums. It was pretty fun.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am

Yeah shit, that last Crucientum album was killer.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Really digging primitive man. Hadn't heard them before this thread. Much thanks all around!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Really digging primitive man. Hadn't heard them before this thread. Much thanks all around!

that band is disgusting in the best way.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 pm

We have a freelance creative project manager at my company who is not employee but we keep on retainer. I help with some of the billing and invoicing for her. One of the reasons we get along so famously is because we both love music (our biggest overlap is contemporary psych rock and garage). Anyway, I keep telling her about PRIMITIVE MAN. She was going to listen to it while working the other day but she said, "I don't usually listen to heavy stuff while working"....Needless to say I explained she had absolutely no business listening to 'Caustic' then and should wait for an ideal time.

Soooo this is 'contemporary hardcore' I guess but the latest CODE ORANGE was impressive. I have a lot of fun listening to that band. I like to exaggerate when I listen to them sometimes (I'm making fun, but I'm also a fan!).
NSFW: show
THUD THUD THUD
THIS GOES OUT TO PENNSYLVANIA HARDCORE!!!
THUD THUD THUD
THIS GOES OUT TO CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA HARDCORE!!!
THUD THUD THUD
THIS GOES OUT TO NEW JERSEY HARDCORE!!!
THUD THUD THUD
AND TO NORTH JERSEY HARDCORE!!!
*Dissonant feedback
THIS GOES OUT TO SOUTH JERSEY HARDCORE!!!

It's like taking attendance.

JESUS PIECE is a really cool 'contemporary hardcore' band too. Someone threw none other than a computer monitor into the pit at the show I saw them. To which I realized, "I am too old for this shit". The frontman has tremendous stage presence.

I also like Djent a lot...sorry...I remember when that genre was still in the beta stages it immediately appealed to me because the tempos and textures reminded me a lot of gabber and other genres one would probably not associate with metal. I think you have to give credit to a lot of youtube guitarists in this new generation of technical death metal...they're very technically skilled.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:36 pm

I enjoy tech death the way a roving band of hunter gatherers would have enjoyed taking shelter in ruins constructed by an earlier, more advanced civilization.
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 pm

gnomethrone wrote:I enjoy tech death the way a roving band of hunter gatherers would have enjoyed taking shelter in ruins constructed by an earlier, more advanced civilization.

HA! I think I get it. Like, "oh wow this cool but we're only staying overnight cause we gotta move on"
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm

@Friendship, I think you would like the latest PLANNING FOR BURIAL. "Below The House". I was late to this one (came out earlier this year).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:07 pm

$harkToootth wrote:HA! I think I get it. Like, "oh wow this cool but we're only staying overnight cause we gotta move on"

Oh hey I didn't see this before. I guess I had meant I'm not really able to wrap my brain around the fact that humans can construct something so advanced while I'm over here flaking chips off of obsidian pieces to make simple tools. I like your interpretation though, one album a day is sufficient and then I need a little room to breathe :lol:
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music