The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:42 am

I've only seen the first 2 seasons but I loooooved them (get on Netflix third season!!!!). I totally agree sharky it's not a crime fighting show in the usual sense, it's all about the characters and queasy psychological horror. The crime bits are almost incidental to my enjoyment of a lot of it.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am

It really is amazing that show aired on NBC too. I know TV has a little more leeway on basic cable these days, but they still did so much with (compared to premium networks) so many restrictions. Still have my fingers crossed for a fourth season where the do the 'Silence of the Lambs' arc.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Andrew » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 am

Been pretty stressed out with work busy-ness so I smashed through the first 7 episodes today, It is a bit cheesy but i'm really into it now. Laurence and Mads just chew through the script like baddasses and the prosthetic work is super well done.

I liked Dexter when I was in my early twenties, but only the first 4 seasons were any good and I don't think the show holds up at all now, Hannibal atleast has some gnarly horror and atmosphere that i'm digging. I've been burnt out on shows featuring asshole main characters doing asshole things to others and expecting the audience to be on their side, but this has been holding my attention now.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby blakestree » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 am

Hannibal is poetry on film. Period.

(Creator Bryan Fuller has, publicly, never given up on Hannibal. And, he has now relinquished his role as showrunner on American Gods. Could this mean he'll soon be after that Silence of the Lambs arc?)
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 am

I watched the first two episodes and liked it a lot. I'm going to view it all once I'm caught up on Westworld. Mads is such a great Hannibal and I'm sure it just gets better
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:50 am

I was worried about Mikkelsen as Hannibal, at first. But, he totally makes the character his own.

Anthony who?

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Hannibal is probably one of the best series made in a decade or so. It amazingly well thought out and more true to the original character than the movies. I absolutely loved every minute of it.

I'm currently watching Ozark and am thrilled with how awesome it is. It's super bleak and has a really depressed feel to it but I adore it. Jason Bateman man. Who would have thought?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I'm currently watching Ozark and am thrilled with how awesome it is. It's super bleak and has a really depressed feel to it but I adore it. Jason Bateman man. Who would have thought?

NSFW: show
You ever feel like Ozark is just "what happened between season 3 and 4 of Arrested Development"?
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:58 pm

blakestree wrote:(Creator Bryan Fuller has, publicly, never given up on Hannibal. And, he has now relinquished his role as showrunner on American Gods. Could this mean he'll soon be after that Silence of the Lambs arc?)

Don't tease me please... :lol:

It actually would work because in the books SILENCE... takes place a couple of years after RED DRAGON. I'm not expecting a faithful adaptation (far from it actually...I love what the writers have been doing with the source material so I encourage 'their take on SILENCE...'). Graham is not a significant character in SILENCE (the book and movie) but Crawford is. I anticipate they would change that so it's kind of like Graham mentoring a young Clarice Starling? This didn't happen in the book but I can see the writers spinning it so that Hannibal is trying to get to Graham through Starling.

Not for nothing but Ted Levine is still active as an actor and looks really good for 60. I think it would be pretty cool if he got to play Buffalo Bill again. Anyone agree? Of course new talent is encouraged.

Lastly, if they did another series, would you want it on NBC again? Or would you want a streaming site to get the rights (probably unlikely). I would want the later just so I can binge it but I would want the exact same show runner / crew etc. Even if it is not on cable, I think they should stick to a 'not overtly graphic' aesthetic because it just worked so well the previous seasons.

I'm done. Won't shit up the thread with HANNIBAL speculation. Just a huge fan of that franchise (movies, books etc.) in general :lol:
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 pm

I want HBO to get the rights so it can be all out. That would be awesome. Then again, they'd probably ruin it. lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Yeah normally I would say the same thing but...if it's not broke don't fix it ha-ha. NBC did a great job, it's not on them. NOBODY WATCHED IT WHEN IT WAS ON :lol: (the pitfall of network television).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The Eristic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I want HBO to get the rights so it can be all out. That would be awesome. Then again, they'd probably ruin it. lol

HBO would just add a bunch of utterly gratuitous nudity and sex............................ but at least it wouldn't be blurred out.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

Man Hunter was the best of the Hannibal flicks IMO .. Michael Mann is just one of those guys who makes good film. I also love Miami Vice. Maybe this should go in the confessions thread :no:

I am excited to watch all of Hannibal but I hate getting into a show that got cancelled because usually it leaves you hanging. There's no wrap up. I'll give it a shot anyway.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:31 am

If the show never comes back, we can consider the end of Season 3 a reasonable conclusion. No one is left hanging.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 am

Most of the original books/movies all have pretty open endings, to be fair.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion