the DOOM WORKOUT

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby Harry_Manback » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:35 am

375# DL is serious biz. Like holy shit man.
Harry_Manback

experienced
experienced

Postby new05002 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Nice man. I should say my last max DL attempt was 375 so your right there with me

Brought my brother to OLY at CF. He is more of a bodybuilder type lifter so it was different for him to try to snatch and clean.

At the end we did halting snatch deadlift, 6x2 at 105% of your max.

So for me thats 195#.

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SpaceFlunky » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 am

new05002 wrote:Im using these sleeves

http://store.hookgrip.com/shop/blue-whi ... e-sleeves/

perfect. Thanks!
Good Deals on ILF with: destroyerjazz - kosta - hbombgraphics - jskadiang - Chumley - adrianlee - Communarchy - ianmarks - GlitteryChunks - decomposing - Chankgeez

http://loshijosdeldiablo.bandcamp.com/
SpaceFlunky

experienced
experienced

Postby new05002 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:29 am

Not a bad day today. 385# DL PR and 140# OHP PR. 91 kg BW
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 am

130 kg - 285# FS PR Today
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Fri May 02, 2014 11:52 am

still waiting on a "12 ounce curls for satan" tshirt :cry:
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby new05002 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:45 pm

I dig it
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 pm

I feel like I mayyyy have posted in this thread a looong time ago, but if I'm mistaken, then I wish I would have seen it.

I always wanted to get into power lifting, but a recurring back injury, a job that involves lifting crap all day, and the lack of funds for a proper gym membership have kept me out. Maybe someday. For now, I've contented myself with learning gymnastic strength exercises. I built a pair of parallettes and put some PVC handles on some rope, which I hang from my pullup bar. If I have money left over after my current string of stupid bills, I want to order some rings.

I've tried lifting weights and doing all sorts of DIY bodyweight+home gear stuff, and these exercises have given me the best results so far.

Anyway. :hello:

Also I might be interested in one f those shirts, they rule :cool:
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Sat May 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Rad.

It's weird how doing a tuck planche on the floor is way harder than on my parallettes. I just started doing "maltese" pushups on my parallettes today. Wicked hard. http://www.american-gymnast.com/shop/Le ... s-W16.aspx

Workout today was:
a circuit of:
-assisted handstand pushups (feet high up on my bookshelf) with parallettes- x5
-pullups (with straight leg raise) 8
-rope dips with some L sit holds- x3
-front lever (with legs at 90 degrees) 10sec followed by lever pullups x6

That circuit three times, then:

Parallette holds, 5 seconds each:
tuck sit
L sit
tuck planche with 3 pushups

lastly: 8x3 of the "maltese pushups" and pseudo planche hold of 5-10 seconds x3

Today was a heavy day. :) I usually do slightly less, because I know that strength comes from being able to train correctly a little more often, as opposed to the bodybuilder style of annihilating the muscles with high reps a couple times a week.

I DO need some better leg exercises. I started doing pistol squats 6 each leg, four times. I'm going to do those maybe once or twice a week. Once a week I've been going to a friend's apartment place to use the squat rack.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun May 04, 2014 10:24 am

Hey vid, would you do me a huge favour and help me design a quick weekly workout routine with only light dumbbells? I'm really struggling to get to the gym and I'm putting weight back on. I need a half an hour workout routine that I can do every morning with little to no equipment—I can increase that to an hour after a month or so once my fitness level is back up to where I want it to be. I'm not looking to put on any muscle or gain strength, just lose weight, develop endurance, and encourage my metabolism. I can't cut back on any more food, and for the most part I'm eating well enough. There is always room for improvement, but I'm just not dedicated enough to be super strict.

I'm thinking of basing the workout on a lot of body weight exercises, like squats, box jumps, lunges, push ups, chin ups, sit ups, mountain climbers, burpees, etc., with small breaks and high intensity. I know you're more of a weight lifter and focus on strength and mobility, but I really don't have access to anything right now, and I've been dealing with too many mental issues to go boxing. Plus, I only went once a week and that just wasn't enough. What do you think? Can you help?
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun May 04, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks, man. I'd rather we chatted about here so others can see.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun May 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Pair of 8kg dumbbells that can be switched to a single heavier dumbbell
Pair of 1kg dumbbell used for boxing and 'woman's' fitness
Chin up bar that I have yet to set up and check
Exercise band
Weighted straps
5kg kettle bell
Exercise mat

That's it.

Priority is losing weight. I was stuck at 12.8/9 stone (175lbs) and couldn't seem to shake any more off. I never went as low as 12 stone 7 pounds. Over the last couple of weeks I've eaten poorly and have gone back up to 12.10 stone (178lbs). My goal is to be 12 stone 6 pounds by the end of May for my old drummer's wedding in the UK.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Sun May 04, 2014 6:02 pm

vidret wrote:pullups - with a straight leg raise of course :lol: nice one dude, jackie chan over here no matter the exercise.

maybe your floor doesn't give as much? probably helps the wrist angle a bit. i keep forgetting to do pistols squats even though i say i'm gonna do 'em.

I think that doing the plance/tuck/L sit on the floor is harder because I have to pick my legs and torso up higher than with the parallettes. With the parallettes I can let my feet dangle between the bars. The floor seems much more unforgiving.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 am

That's excellent! I should be able to manage all of those exercises and am used to most of them. The eccentric chin ups will be a challenge, but they are for most people first starting out and who weigh over 12 stone.

What kind of intensity should I be aiming for? The rest periods are short, so how hard should I be pushing myself?

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon May 05, 2014 10:29 am

vidret wrote:that's a bit of a feeler, but i wrote the goals for you so aim to hit each part before moving on. if you can do all the reps of a set try aiming at doing all the reps of the next set. if you can't do that then it's a bit rough asking to do ALL the reps of the next set as well, but you get the idea. progression.

you wanted short rest periods, i think you'll be able to handle it because of the weights used. if you feel the need to rest for longer, don't go over 2 minutes and do this in between the exercises.

when you're strong enough to do 5 reps on the first 3 sets of the pushups but not yet strong enough to handle the last set i'd say don't go over 5 reps and save the strength for the last set. once you can handle all sets, move on. this is to give you a clear progression.

I should be able to handle it. The weights are not heavy. One minutes rests should be enough. Push-ups are a little tougher, but as long as I am allowed to move slowly and take my time with them I should be able to handle all the reps in each set. I'll have to see tomorrow morning when I start to be sure.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org