stamme[n] V3

Moderator: drolo

Re: Stamme[n]

Postby shikawkee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am

drolo wrote:
shikawkee wrote:
Thanks. It should be out in 2018. It's possible I may record it in London with my colleagues in the London Experimental Ensemble which I was part of for a year last year. THAT would be perfect but we'll have to see if the timing works out. Here's a brief clip of a tw-hour concert we gave interpreting Cornelius Cardew's Treatise graphic score to give you an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEV0klWaHVc&t=3s

that's some really good stuff !!

Thanks David! Coming from you I take that as a great compliment.

There's a full film of the concert and an album out in Feb. commemorating the show. We're pretty proud of it and hope we did Cardew justice. Eddie Prevost, my dear friend and hero, wrote the liner notes. Quite a honor. I'm extremely humbled.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 am

hah, I just realized who you are looking at the youtube account
you internet people with your many identities ... :-)
cool to see you here ;-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lumena » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:42 am

shikawkee wrote:
Seance wrote:
shikawkee wrote:v.1 to v.2 was amazing. Can't wait to get mine. Brilliant pedal IMO. Thanks to Seance for turning

Thanks. It will be interesting to hear what you create with a Stamme[n].

DROLO is on a roll.

Believe it or not the first thing I'm recording with it is an album of Francis Child collected ballads from the British Isles. 4-500 year old songs in a free improv context. I've been working on the songs for two years and I think I've finally got my head wrapped around them. Acoustic guitar, voice and my pedal board. Could be, should be, off the wall. :excellent: :wha?:

Listened to the youtube and intrigued by the Child songs, please post as you do them. Doing those ballads in a free improv style sounds really worth listening to.
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 am

drolo wrote:hah, I just realized who you are looking at the youtube account
you internet people with your many identities ... :-)
cool to see you here ;-)

Damn interwebs! :lol:

I use the same screen name across the few forums I contribute to. It was my grandfather's nickname for me, Chief Shikawkee.
He was the musician in the family.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 am

shikawkee wrote:
Seance wrote:
shikawkee wrote:v.1 to v.2 was amazing. Can't wait to get mine. Brilliant pedal IMO. Thanks to Seance for turning

DROLO is on a roll.

Believe it or not the first thing I'm recording with it is an album of Francis Child collected ballads from the British Isles. 4-500 year old songs in a free improv context. I've been working on the songs for two years and I think I've finally got my head wrapped around them. Acoustic guitar, voice and my pedal board. Could be, should be, off the wall. :excellent: :wha?:

Sounds fascinating. Thanks for posting that link too.
Awesome!
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am

Seance wrote:
shikawkee wrote:
Seance wrote:

DROLO is on a roll.

Sounds fascinating. Thanks for posting that link too.
Awesome!

Thanks man. I'm pretty excited about it. Honestly, it was a lot of work and research to get to this point. I've been fascinated with the Child Ballads for some time but they are a bit elusive if you want to breathe new life in them. I hope I do them justice.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby damnableman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:55 pm

lumena wrote:
shikawkee wrote:
Seance wrote:

DROLO is on a roll.

Listened to the youtube and intrigued by the Child songs, please post as you do them. Doing those ballads in a free improv style sounds really worth listening to.

Just did the same. Very intrigued to hear your results.
Also, nice Cardew excerpt! That's the first time I've seen Cardew referenced here. His work and associated works/writings from that era are among my primary inspirations. I'll certainly be exploring your channel in greater depth.
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:06 pm

damnableman wrote:
lumena wrote:
shikawkee wrote:
Seance wrote:

DROLO is on a roll.

Just did the same. Very intrigued to hear your results.
Also, nice Cardew excerpt! That's the first time I've seen Cardew referenced here. His work and associated works/writings from that era are among my primary inspirations. I'll certainly be exploring your channel in greater depth.

Thanks and thank to @lumena for the kind words. I studied with Eddie Prevost for a year you might say and he's obviously extremely fond of Cardew (still) and made sure we understood and respected the work. Fantastic experience. Mind-numbing really. I learned so much it's beyond words.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 pm

It hath arrived!! I thought I was a fast shipper <g>. Mayhem to ensue:

Thanks David!!!!!!!!
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 pm

shikawkee wrote:It hath arrived!! I thought I was a fast shipper <g>. Mayhem to ensue:

Thanks David!!!!!!!!

:joy:
thank you!
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:39 pm

How you cannot create fabulous new music and soundscapes with this unit is beyond me. I just lost 30 minutes jamming to one chord!! Superb! Kudos David!! It's brilliant.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm

thanks man, glad it's useful :-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm

So cool to see them out in the wild! :zen:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Fingers crossed I can buy V.2 before V.3 comes out ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:16 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:So cool to see them out in the wild! :zen:

Fantastisk!
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to drolo