Red Panda Tensor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda Tensor

Postby codetocontra » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Demo video was pretty quiet in general. Cool to see it alive. Hmmm. I think I can break pedge for this. Doesn't release until January anyway and I told my SS my intentions for it anyway, plus more pricey than I expect someone to buy for me.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:18 pm

There's also a pedal coming out early next year that will (in my opinion, which is based on currently testing the prototype), blow this thing out of the water. But I guess that depends on opinions and subjectivity and stuff like that. :lol:

/secrets
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 pm

#PladaskElektriskDRoloDigitechSpaceStationCloneConfirmed
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:48 pm

If I said it was KHDK, would you believe me?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eti » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Did you make the demo? I had volume issues with both the Context and the Particle, which is why I'm a little sceptical. :p

I played guitar and twiddled knobs on the demo, so yeah. :D maybe your problems with the other pedals have to do with the blend knob setting? Just a wild guess.
eti

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 pm

eti wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Did you make the demo? I had volume issues with both the Context and the Particle, which is why I'm a little sceptical. :p

I played guitar and twiddled knobs on the demo, so yeah. :D maybe your problems with the other pedals have to do with the blend knob setting? Just a wild guess.

Yeah, that is plausible, although some of the settings on the particle dulls the sound, making it less audible, without having the mix near cranked level (but obviously more so with a wetter signal). Just from seeing what other FV-1 based companies manage to slam into even smaller enclosures, I'm just a little curious as to why they haven't added at least a tone/filter knob to the Particle. I know I've read other people wanting one multiple times too. Anyways, pedal looks like a ton of fun and I'm sure I'll end up getting one and eating my own words to some extent because I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:38 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:There's also a pedal coming out early next year that will (in my opinion, which is based on currently testing the prototype), blow this thing out of the water. But I guess that depends on opinions and subjectivity and stuff like that. :lol:

/secrets

:trippy:
Last edited by Dandolin on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:04 am

I'd be surprised if anything came out that blew the Tensor out of the water. I own or have owned every glitch/stutter/tape stop/micro sampler/etc... out in the last 20 years and the Tensor combines a lot of things not previously found in one box. A big part of the Tensor appeal is also that its a Red Panda pedal so it will be readily available from tons of dealers. No waiting for an email to come on a random day that something is up for sale in an edition of 12 that sells out in a minute. No putting your name on a list and waiting 8 months to pay $500 because of a lopsided exchange rate. The Tensor will just be available from shops and will do all the things people have been doing with multiple pedals before. When I played it at Fear the Riff I was impressed with how much it manages to do at one time and how easy it is to configure for a specific effect you want. Its very user friendly compared to something like a Count to 5.

Blowing anything out of the water is unlikely in this genre of pedals anyway because every single pedal does things differently. Even the various stutter pedals on the market operate differently, dump their buffer differently, have different levels of control, and aim to cover different ground. Its not like these are tube screamer variants.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:44 am

UglyCasanova wrote:There's also a pedal coming out early next year that will (in my opinion, which is based on currently testing the prototype), blow this thing out of the water. But I guess that depends on opinions and subjectivity and stuff like that. :lol:

/secrets

Beyond the Stamme(n)2? :wha?: Lucky motherlover. Unfair for us to judge any accolades of secret projects.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:01 am

whoismarykelly wrote:Blowing anything out of the water is unlikely in this genre of pedals anyway because every single pedal does things differently. Even the various stutter pedals on the market operate differently, dump their buffer differently, have different levels of control, and aim to cover different ground. Its not like these are tube screamer variants.

I was asking myself why am I chasing glitch pedals and how, if it all, this is different than anyone chasing magical fuzz variants or transparent overdrives. I came to the conclusion that I construct a weird orchestra with these pedals, they can all function at the same time either separately or relating to each other, and often become instruments on their own. Combining multiple varieties exponentially expands possibilities for space travel. You don't often stack as many fuzz pedals with good results, and at some point a gain pedal is just another gain pedal.

Excellent points about availability and ease of use. CT5 was pretty unfriendly in my hands for a while.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:15 am

whoismarykelly wrote:Blowing anything out of the water is unlikely in this genre of pedals anyway because every single pedal does things differently.

Someone didn't read this part

UglyCasanova wrote:But I guess that depends on opinions and subjectivity and stuff like that. :lol:

But, yes, I understand your sentiment. I was just (badly) trying to convey my experience of having played with this new pedal and then seeing a new demo of the Tensor, a pedal I was (and to some degree still is) very much hyped for ever since it was first announced. Time moves fast in the time stretching business (no pun intended), and I guess I just felt more excited about it 9 months ago than what I do now, having had some more experience with pedals and especially a pedal that I feel does similar things to this but (as far as I can tell) so much more. It was intended more like a public outburst of phenomenological experience than a claim, even though it probably read more like a proclamation, which might have been too thin of a line to walk at 2am. Does that make more sense? I hope so. :facepalm: :lol:

I agree with what you wrote though. If you know me, you know I would never protest against having more glitchy pedals to choose from. :cool:

C2C: yeah, it's not Stammen. I have nothing to do with this project other than testing it.
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ognoy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:22 am

/secrets

As another prototype tester of the same pedal I can stand behind this message.

#hype
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 am

Looking forward to more details on this thing! The set of available effects is very impressive considering there is no program selection (dynamic morphing between different effects) apart from those toggle switches, but the way I see them they are more like sub-functions (?) Also looks like they've moved away from the Spin FV-1 platform for this seeing the set of parameters and the increased delay buffer length.

*smily eating popcorn* (I'm lazy)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby raj007 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 am

whoismarykelly wrote:A big part of the Tensor appeal is also that its a Red Panda pedal so it will be readily available from tons of dealers. No waiting for an email to come on a random day that something is up for sale in an edition of 12 that sells out in a minute. No putting your name on a list and waiting 8 months to pay $500 because of a lopsided exchange rate. The Tensor will just be available from shops and will do all the things people have been doing with multiple pedals before.

This is a big deal. The pedal itself looks super cool but the fact that it'll be readily available through various dealers is so huge.

The mystery pedal UC is talking about may be "better" but I highly doubt it'll have the distribution of Red Panda, which for me would make it less appealing.

I've waited through Piotr's list (Revolver). I've woken up at like 6am to try and get a DRolo pedal and missed out because I was like 30 seconds too late. Same with Montreal Assembly....While these pedals are certainly "worth the wait", it doesn't make it any less tiresome ...Tensor's wide availability is a game changer.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 pm

raj007 wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:A big part of the Tensor appeal is also that its a Red Panda pedal so it will be readily available from tons of dealers. No waiting for an email to come on a random day that something is up for sale in an edition of 12 that sells out in a minute. No putting your name on a list and waiting 8 months to pay $500 because of a lopsided exchange rate. The Tensor will just be available from shops and will do all the things people have been doing with multiple pedals before.

This is a big deal. The pedal itself looks super cool but the fact that it'll be readily available through various dealers is so huge.

The mystery pedal UC is talking about may be "better" but I highly doubt it'll have the distribution of Red Panda, which for me would make it less appealing.

I've waited through Piotr's list (Revolver). I've woken up at like 6am to try and get a DRolo pedal and missed out because I was like 30 seconds too late. Same with Montreal Assembly....While these pedals are certainly "worth the wait", it doesn't make it any less tiresome ...Tensor's wide availability is a game changer.

Was thinking about this a bit more - until now the only readily-available glitch/stutter pedal has been the hold mode on Boss delays. In all this time since the 90s nothing else has come along that has become readily available and affordable. And then there is all the other stuff the Tensor does. I think there is likely to be an explosion of artists using these sounds because they won't be coming from obscure and extremely expensive boxes any more. 2018 is going to be the year of glitch :!!!:
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear