The $22 pedal thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The $22 pedal thread

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
rfurtkamp wrote:And this is why if I bottom-feed these days I look for new Chinese crap!

I'm trying to be a bottom feeder but the world seems to not want this to happen. What do you currently like? I have Amazon Prime but all the cheap stuff actually sounds really good and "warm" sounding. I am after a harsher/colder sound (and quite frankly probably have plenty of gear that does that already but alas, here we are :lol: )

I don't use Amazon Prime stuff for that, I go with the Bay, as it's generally the lowest-price on the stuff. I haven't bottom fed like that in quite a while, since the $30 "Tomsline" bitcrusher came out.

Delay I am so stupid set on it's laughable, from an actual Space Echo to a literal+ dozen other things.

I remember when they fired my shitty colleague at my shitty job (that I quite liked actually) a few years ago. You literally had to try your hardest to get fired from there. I think it took her like 100 lates and every time she came in she would start throwing up per copious alcohol consumption from the night before. She was not a team player.

Yea, some jobs are quite difficult to get canned from. Thankfully before I got sick, I hadn't worked *for* somebody (versus consulting/private stuff) since 2000.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:18 pm

qersty wrote:
Warpsmasher wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Ha, I've heard those Arion compressors are really bad. :lol:

I like Yamaha pedals. That Yamaha looks totally whipped. :whoa:

Somebody should offer The Mothership $22 for this:

https://reverb.com/item/4827393-korg-10 ... distortion
Want one of these eventually. One of the awesome things about eurorack drums is finding the right distortions to use on each drum sound, and I have always loved having pedals with cab sim for home recording. Currently loving the one in the Digitech Grunge. As with all of those Digitech dirt pedals that have a separate "mixer" output, that is a fixed cab sim that stays active whether the pedal's dirt is on or off.

How are the digitech cab sims are they just a lpf or are they more real deal? My guitarist has a digitech overdrive and it sounds pretty nice though I haven't played with it much though it sounded good into my fx loop send so that has to be a good sign. It would be cool to have one for the cabsim if its viable for removing the awful harshness DI-distortion makes
This is exactly why I love them for the mixer, removal of harshness and bringing out the beastly amp sound the distortion was meant for in the first place. I don't know if the cabs are different on all the dirt pedals or not. The only other digitech I have right now is the RP360, which has a treasure chest of awesome amp and cab sims. It was mostly all about the Bassman sound for me, but that chase led me to lots of other cool discoveries.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:21 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:Delay I am so stupid set on it's laughable, from an actual Space Echo to a literal+ dozen other things.

Thank you for the response. I should have figured that on the delay front. I still think of your gear advice regarding racks. Btw there is a GL-100 on Reverb for $200+
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Yea, and it'll be there for ages.

I paid $50 for another one six months ago or so.
==

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:15 pm

F'ing "Metal Rocker"! Make Jack an offer:

https://reverb.com/item/7361848-vintage ... tal-rocker

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Good review of the Denio Metal Rocker (identical otherwise?):
thethreesecondrule wrote:I really had high hopes for this one as a cheap, nasty back up for my much loved boss HM2

but it sounds like shit. sputtery, gated, with some weird intermodulating fuzz action, almost octave up overtones.

oh well...

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:35 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:
thethreesecondrule wrote: sputtery, gated, with some weird intermodulating fuzz action, almost octave up overtones.

Not sure what seems shitty about that. Seems awesome to me. :idk: :animal:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:44 pm

IKR?

:crab: :joy: :snax:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:36 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
coupleonapkins wrote:
thethreesecondrule wrote: sputtery, gated, with some weird intermodulating fuzz action, almost octave up overtones.

Not sure what seems shitty about that. Seems awesome to me. :idk: :animal:

Goop, rebox, profit

Plutonian Death Rattle
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BLOOD EAGLE » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 am

my early noise “career” was built off of whatever cheap @ss used pedals i could snag off ebay...
i got SO MANY.... it was awesome.

i always went for cheap pedal lots, that is where there were some great deals to be had.
BLOOD EAGLE

committed
committed

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:36 am

That thing sounds awful.

I want five.

==

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 am

Good find, furtkamp, didn't even think to search for a demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj6M5UFcgHg
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby molokaio » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 am

Aha, Hold on , I have 2 danio pedals somewhere, an orange one and a black one. They were my first pedals... gotta check them out again!
Unubtanium shit! ^_^

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am

Meets the technical requirements for this thread, but posting for the demo video.

https://reverb.com/item/7621334-rocktek-dir-1-distortion-pedal-used-cheesy

Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear