Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby drolo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 am

perfect ;-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby catfuzz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm a longtime lurker (usually for troubleshooting problems or others experiences with specific instruments/pedals) and ultimately decided to join because I feel like branching out and interacting with the music/gear community at large considering it is probably my favorite.

I'm 23. Started playing bass sometime in my preteens and (finally) started playing 6-string about 2 years ago.

I like to experiment and constantly expand my interests, so naturally most all effects tend to excite me. My obsession started with a turbo rat and an HM-2 and now I'm here.

I love a broad range of music including punk, black metal, acoustic, ambient, weirdo synth stuff, drone, noise, etc etc blah blah.

I'm excited to get started here and will hopefully grow into a more knowledgable musician and pedal head as a result!
hbombgraphics wrote:Good Luck on your quest: It's a different value but this is exactly why I got rid of my VHS Copy of wayne's world about 20 years ago.
catfuzz

involved
involved

Postby werdnaragon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Hullo, hey, hiya,

I'm Andrew, I like things, specifically most things on here. I'm in the best band of my life currently and I recently helped open the first music store in downtown Cincinnati in over ten years.

Y'all seem like a fun lot!
werdnaragon

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby gringostar » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:27 pm

i never know what to put in these, but this site is better than most others just because you can say ass and shit and no one gives a fuck
gringostar

interested
interested

Postby Jwar » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:01 am

Welcome fellas! Welcome!!

We can also say boner as much as we want. I like to say boner. It makes me happy, like when I have a boner. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby bacegchsbis » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi guys :hello:

I’ve been lurking around for many years and wanted to actually say hello! My pedal addiction has come full circle after a random eurorack obsession which happened (and is still ongoing) about a year ago. Went back into full pedal mode after getting into more experimental/ambient music. I started messing around with Industrialectric stuff which completely reignited the flame. Met my current band mates in NYC and a few years later we’ve just announced a record and released a single which has been cool!

I’m hoping to lurk less and post a bit more in the near future!
bacegchsbis

involved
involved

Postby avantPostGrunge » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 am

Hi! I too have been lurking around these forums for years. Ever since I saw a post by the user Achtane converting a Gibson EB-0 (I think) into a double-necked noise machine I've been keeping an eye on this place. I mostly listen to metal. I bought an electric mandolin a few days ago and I am already filled with shame and regret.
avantPostGrunge

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby drolo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:10 am

Welcome guys and make mandolin metal great again !!! :rock:
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby CSCD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi there! Like many posters above, I've been lurking around ILF for quite a few months. My name is Rostislav, and I'm an electronic musician from Perm, Russia. I like noisy, lo-fi sounds (both of my current projects are essentially that), and I couldn't care less about "toanz", so I hope I'll fit right in :joy:
Cyborg See Cyborg Do (ambient, drone, soundtrack-style)

Sandbite (electronic noisepop/shoegaze/whatever)

Wounded Mammoth (noise, drone and shit)
CSCD

interested
interested

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi. My name's Ed and I'm a fuzzaholic. Many friends on here, just never got around to joining and spent my time mostly at TGP. Professional, full-time musician (God save me). Thanks for having me.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby toomanypedals » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Chris from upstate NY USA. I've been collecting pedals and synths for around two years. I like many types of music, food and drink. I enjoy hanging out with dogs way more than cats. My hobbies include making noise and campfires. Sometimes I meow the lyrics and guitar solos in songs. My celebrity (and non-celeb) crushes are 90s Mariah Carey and Ricky Hamilton of Fascinating.

If I had to be stuck on an island wih one pedal, one album and one cuisine, it would easily be Lofi Dreams (digdugdiy) + Sleep's Dopesmoker + South Indian food. And the island better have a ton of wild-growing marijuana plants.

If I had to sum myself up in one quote: "the things I like, I love. and then basically everything else I hate"
"i hate a good many things but i suffer them all the same"
toomanypedals

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

:hello:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Chankgeez wrote::hello:

I figured you'd be here <g>.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:15 pm

:D :hobbes:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby damnableman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:20 pm

shikawkee wrote:Hi. My name's Ed and I'm a fuzzaholic. Many friends on here, just never got around to joining and spent my time mostly at TGP. Professional, full-time musician (God save me). Thanks for having me.

Are you the fellow who sometimes posts on TGP about advanced looping? In that wildly derailed thread with Splatt?
If so, welcome!
If not, welcome!
damnableman

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion