Pladask Elektrisk - Tåken (Dual Tape Head Delay)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pladask Elektrisk - Tåken (Dual Tape Head Delay)

Postby affectperdals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:19 pm

goroth wrote:
Dude, I've been trying to find a way to say this without throwing kerosene on the fire, but I had a look at your first fifty posts and literally two of those fifty were in threads not related to your own demo threads.

I know nothing of your motives for posting here, and I'm sure you do great demos and what not, but the way you post does make it look an awful lot like you are only interested in promoting your own videos rather than being part of the community. There are almost as many posts in general as there are in gear, so this place is not just about gear. It is perhaps a common bond, but no more than that. ILF has always been changing, but there is, and perhaps always should be, a somewhat anarchistic streak to the place, with a healthy respect for the DIY, noise-first attitude. This makes it a community sensitive to being used to drive hits, influence things and create hashtags. It is sensitive to being part of a hype machine - at least one that is not of our own making (ain't no hype like homegrown hype).

I can understand you getting upset at appearing to be shat on, but I think if you posted more outside of your own threads you'd perhaps understand where some of those voices are coming from.

I understand and I will definitely make an effort to become more active in the community. It was never my intention to bring on all of this drama but I just felt the need to stand up for myself. I do really like this website and I've found a LOT of cool pedals here. I agree with you and I'd like to put this post behind me and work towards being a better member of this community. I don't get paid for any of these videos and most pedals come out of my own pocket. I just wanted to share them with people because I thought they were cool. Thanks for the well thought out and respectful response, that's all I ever wanted and I appreciate it.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby affectperdals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:19 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Don't tell me what to do, Goroth! You're not my real dad!!

He might be, I know a guy who can get you a DNA test.... real cheap
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Thank you for making your videos. I enjoy them.

RE-plagiarism.

I think a lot of folks need to watch some Knobs videos then scroll through Youtube demos and see that 90% of the folks out there are actually copying him. :) No joke. It's kind of ridiculous. That being said, any demo made of a pedal is a better than not having a demo.

So maybe lighten up you douche knuckles.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Can we talk about plants in gear demos? Mainly why are there plants in gear demos? WHO STARTED IT
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm

actualidiot wrote:Can we talk about plants in gear demos? Mainly why are there plants in gear demos? WHO STARTED IT

Someone trying to be edgy and hipster at the same time. :lol: :lol:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

All respect to Knobs, UC and who have you for doing demos, but I can't stand this aesthetic contributing to the "ooo shiny" aspect and shit.

Also I'm having a good day, as you can tell.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 pm

actualidiot wrote:All respect to Knobs, UC and who have you for doing demos, but I can't stand this aesthetic contributing to the "ooo shiny" aspect and shit.

Right? I want my demos filled with maggots and rotten fruit. The real edgy stuff. #realedge

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby actual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Once I get around to making demos, the setup will be purple velvet and an ashtray.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:25 pm

actualidiot wrote:Once I get around to making demos, the setup will be purple velvet and an ashtray.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Thank you for making your videos. I enjoy them.

RE-plagiarism.

I think a lot of folks need to watch some Knobs videos then scroll through Youtube demos and see that 90% of the folks out there are actually copying him. :) No joke. It's kind of ridiculous. That being said, any demo made of a pedal is a better than not having a demo.

So maybe lighten up you douche knuckles.

We are all knobs' demos, except the Arena Corner shyboyz.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 pm

[
actualidiot wrote:All respect to Knobs, UC and who have you for doing demos, but I can't stand this aesthetic contributing to the "ooo shiny" aspect and shit.

I have no problem with that. The way I see it, right now off the top of my head, there are essentially four ways to do these things:

1. The Devi era way: your phone and potato quality video and audio. Carpeted floors with old socks, cig butts and bottle caps.

2. The chatty era: "this is the mix knob and you'll never guess what it does"

3. The Knobs era: make shit look nice, have witty and informative commentary in text.

4. Parody/stand up. Aen and Billy Cardigan style.

Some like the mother, some like the daughter. Fair either way as far as I'm concerned. I'm showing off what a music tool does, how I want to. Sometimes I'm lazy and do the cellphone thing, sometimes I talk instead of writing captions, other times I want to put some real work into it and do the "Knobs" thing, if you will. I have yet to get the humor/parody thing on lock. I'm not really a "in front of the camera" person. Nor am I especially charismatic or funny. :p

Edit: quoted the wrong quote :)*
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:32 pm

How dare you compare AEN THE ORIGINATOR to anyone.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:34 pm

How dare you coin the term "hygge"?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm

I knew you were holding a grudge about that! But like I said, you can have it. I only do br00tal. Go knit a sweater.
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:38 pm

For my next demo I'll never play the pedal.

"This setting is super nice, trust me. It goes like bwaaaaaaaaaah"
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear