Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 pm

By new how new and by metal how metal?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: what's the good metal now?

Postby blakestree » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Is that new Tool album out yet?
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Fuck, Aesoth shreds so hard.
Every band that duder is in is fantastic, but Aosoth is my fave.

OK, here's some stuff burning a hole in my ear right now.
Black: the new Satyricon. It is so good.
Thrash: new Lich King is super fun. SUPER FUN!
Death: Extremity: extremley fucking dead. So goooood . (sorry sharky, I'm a broken record)
Woodsy stuff: New falls of Rauros and new Wolves in the Throne Room rule hard. Listened to falls not more than 30 minutes ago
Prog: New album by VUUR. It is very good.
Oddball: Hail Spirit Noir - Mayhem in Blue. It's oddball alright. Like Surf-black?
Mathy: Watchtower had a comeback recently that was unimpeachable. Concepts of Math.
Just killer hard stuff: Anciients - Voice of the Void.
Doom: Sorcerer - The Crowning of the Fire King. This album slays, and the guitar work is phenomenal. It makes me want to rampage triumphantly.
Old school DM: Necrot. It's completely unoriginal and awesome.
Modern Heavy: Byzantine - The Cicada Tree. One of the records I've come back to a lot this year. Good variety and killer riffs.
Black/trad: Cradle of Filth's new one, Cryptoriana. Super good fun album, if you can embrace the cheese. Best album they have done since the mid 90s.
Doom/trad: The Obsessed - Sacred. Turn up loud and fuzz out.
Doom: Below - Upon a Pale Horse. Super good doom that doesn't make me want to listen to Candlemass or Sabbath instead.
Pirate metal: Alestorm - No Grave but the Sea. Ignore the fact that I just genre-labelled this as "pirate metal". This album is legitimately good, and legitimately fun.
Crushing: Primitive Man. Whatever their new one is. It is fucking cataclysmic.
Horribly oppressive grind: Sloth Herder - No Pity No Sunrise. This album is just pure filth and you will literally have to shower after listening to it. Open to interpretation as to whether that is good or bad.
Head-scratching metal: Dysrhythmia - The Veil of Control. Soooo good.
Occult rock: Sabbath Assembly - Rites of Passage. Speaking of Kevin Hufnagel. He rules.
Also get on Gorguts Pleiades' Dust. Because you need to bend your mind. Speaking of Kevin Hufnagel.
Death: Gomorrah - The Haruspex. Super rad - one of my favourite extreme albums in recent years. Master is a bit squashed, but still good despite that. And the guitarist dude uses Dr Sci stuff (but maybe not on that record. whatever)

edited for punctuation
Last edited by goroth on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:40 pm

PS: I haven't gone full CaseCandy. I don't have lists of my favourite 5 bands for every fucking micro genre there is. That's just a selection from my last two spotify playlists - tried to get some variety in there, and give them some labels so you don't have to wade through 20 hours of shit to find something you like.

Last Cult of Luna album with Julie Christmas was gloriously good btw.

All suggestions in this thread are good.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:57 pm

goroth wrote:Death: Extremity: extremley fucking dead. So goooood . (sorry sharky, I'm a broken record)
Crushing: Primitive Man. Whatever their new one is. It is fucking cataclysmic.

Echo'ing these. I listened to EXTREMITY yet again on Sunday while raking leaves. Excellent release!

I'm going to go on record and repeat what I told my friend via text this morning, "The new PRIMITIVE MAN makes GRIEF look like High School Musical...SOOO HEAVY..."
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:00 pm

DoS was telling me that one (or more??) of the primitive dudes are in a grind band?
Gotta find the link.
Because that album is brutal enough as it is... I'm not sure I want to hear what they would do to the grind genre.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Jah...please deliver on that link...please...
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Vermin Womb.

Will listen as soon as I get out of this god damned hotel with its shitty hotel internet.
https://verminwomb.bandcamp.com/

On spotify as well.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm going to listen tonight too. Can we talk about it in this thread? I hope friendship does not mind.

I would also encourage people to check out posters here who do metal as their bands would fit both criteria that friendship presented. #signatures
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby foomanfat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Shit yeah, Vermin Womb are rad. Cult Leader has been touring with them recently.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:03 am

Cult Leader are really nice dudes but I'm not a huge fan of their band.

That said, Vermin Womb & Primitive Man have been on heavy rotation for me as far as newer stuff (both bands are great live, too). The new Pigsx7 record is rad Sabby Jams as well. Latest Falls and Wolves are both great too.

Otherwise it's been a pretty classic super slow trip for me recently: Corrupted, Church of Misery, Grief, Thou, The Body, Ocean, Buried at Sea... classic in the sense that I've been listening to the bands for ages. :lol:

Fwiw you can get most of the Thou discography here for free:
http://noladiy.org/thoupast.html
They're also on Spotify.

Also:
goroth wrote:All suggestions in this thread are good.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:12 am

$harkToootth wrote:I'm going to listen tonight too. Can we talk about it in this thread? I hope friendship does not mind.

I would also encourage people to check out posters here who do metal as their bands would fit both criteria that friendship presented. #signatures

I do not mind at all, discuss at will. And I'd be more than happy to check out IFL member bands too. :)

I appreciate this growing list, I have so much to delve into!
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:15 am

OMG, I am so glad Goroth weighed in FRREALZ. That is a great list. I am digging into Lich King now, and it's frigging rad.

Also on the the old-skool thrash tip, I am obsessed with the new Power Trip: https://powertripsl.bandcamp.com/album/nightmare-logic
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 am

jrmy wrote:OMG, I am so glad Goroth weighed in FRREALZ. That is a great list. I am digging into Lich King now, and it's frigging rad.

Also on the the old-skool thrash tip, I am obsessed with the new Power Trip: https://powertripsl.bandcamp.com/album/nightmare-logic

My buddy saw them live recently and was raving about them. He's a big 80's bay area thrash fan as long as I've known him.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

Cohol is tite af.

木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music