Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the modulator masses

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:58 pm

I've been contemplating buying one of those little Chinese oscilloscopes for a while. Having seen it used in this video.. I probably will
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:55 am

The Ring Stinger seems fairly rad!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Some dual frequency shifter action in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVoFiSSHD0
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:56 am

My crazy CoPilot Ring Mod should be coming some time this year. I think I ordered it in March but gave Mr. Adam some ambiguous and demanding technical specs :lol: He's put a lot of effort into it so I'm excited to see what happens.

After that comes in I will have three stand alone ring modulators. Although a Puhzing might tempt me...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

:snax:

Yeah, I still wanna Puhzing too. :animal:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:05 pm

They're the right price and they sound sooo gooood. I love the stand alone control for 'Dry' and the Expression Input.
RMA's stuff is tempting me too...but it's not readily available and I refuse to do another pre-order for anything...ever. I just love that his stuff is so unique in its application.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:08 pm

I definitely want another Copilot pedal. That bananas Delay or a ring-mod might be just the ticket. I love the Polypus Supreme, and I'm really excited about using its sequencer out too .. I am oldschool man, usually just a loudass amp turned up and some fuzz or OD with other noises.

What's that pedal that's like the size of a 50 cent piece .. Hotone or something.. their little ring mod deal sounds pretty good IMO :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

I think I'm old school too, in application. I try to get some wild sounds but when I look at the gear I'm using and quantity of said gear in a set up (I use usually 4 pedals in a chain...MAYBE 5 sometimes) I'm not exactly reinventing the wheel :lol:

Even in my early teens I was a fan of modulation and filtering so I remember playing in front of my family with copious amounts of phase or flange and always some chorus on my RP500. My Dad would say, "Don't make it weird..."

Which is why the RMA stuff is appealing. it's like another dialect or accent in my native tongue.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:23 pm

$harkToootth wrote:RMA's stuff is tempting me too...but it's not readily available and I refuse to do another pre-order for anything...ever. I just love that his stuff is so unique in its application.

Thanks! Yeah, everything I make is currently build to order, given the fact that I enjoy designing new stuff (and therefore the product range is growing) it's looking like it'll be that way for the foreseeable future. I'll try and find a way to fit windows of model runs into the mix, my workflow is still hindered a bit by the new space/unpacking (or more specifically the lack thereof) but improvements are slow, steady, and underway.

To stay on topic here's a picture of the unpopular long-box variant of the RMA Monobius ring mod with optional expression input that places frequency sweep on a treadle or other freewheeling potentiometer type of doodad.

I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:30 pm

I apologize, that was not a criticism in any way Sir. Your stuff is rad!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:40 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I apologize, that was not a criticism in any way Sir. Your stuff is rad!

No apology necessary, no offense taken. I'm well aware of where I'm at and I know that my current functional model does not strike everyone as enticing.. it's good to be reminded of it, gives me focal points to rectify. :group:
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Monobius is at the top of my book!

I need to do an excane style ring mod shot.

Chankgeez wrote:Gigahearts showin' & tellin' about ring modulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVmYNEAi-k0

Nice! I was doing that for a while...kinda didn't finish doing that.

Those little oscilloscopes are fun for that kinda stuff. I connected one to a pedal, lwave style. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POf0JhXB ... ZoAihS9nR_ )

The mtl.asm and copilot's are all fun! I like them all. The C.A. ring mod is unweildy but fun for noise...puhzing is way more controllable and stable/totally solid. All the copilots have features that I like in different situations.

Chankgeez wrote:Some dual frequency shifter action in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVoFiSSHD0

Phasing it old buchla style. Watched that video before and I guess I wasn't paying attention.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm

there weren't no ring mod, but I liked it when Bastl were doing that live stream of a patch a few days ago and had it scope'd.

(… and Monobius is a monster. :animal: Especially the one I've got because it's purple. :D )
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:20 pm

I gave my buddy my Wolf Bagger, but I loved using that with the fuzz gun a tremolo pedal a delay and a reverb. That was a fun sound wall :joy:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Chankgeez wrote:there weren't no ring mod, but I liked it when Bastl were doing that live stream of a patch a few days ago and had it scope'd.

(… and Monobius is a monster. :animal: Especially the one I've got because it's purple. :D )

Fancy! I didn't know about any live stream. Bastl is always good fun.

Think the only time I watched a live stream was Coachella to get good and angry about the stuff I going to be dragged to by friends haha.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear