The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby blakestree » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 am

PeteeBee wrote:So my house burned down today.

Damn, dude. So, sorry to hear that. :(
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:53 pm

PeteeBee wrote:So my house burned down today. Not really certain, just got word from the neighbor. We knew that's wildfire was approaching and had to evacuate. I think I'm a little in shock, but pedals seem like a good distraction. The only thing I won't be able to easily replace are the two dirge rats. Who makes a great rat these days?

God damn, im sorry man. :/
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:28 pm

PeteeBee wrote:So my house burned down today. Not really certain, just got word from the neighbor. We knew that's wildfire was approaching and had to evacuate. I think I'm a little in shock, but pedals seem like a good distraction. The only thing I won't be able to easily replace are the two dirge rats. Who makes a great rat these days?

Holy shit!
That is not good.
When you get an address let me know and I'll send you some fuzz.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Man, that sucks hard. Hope getting back to normal is as quick and painless as possible.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:07 pm

goroth wrote:

Holy shit!
That is not good.
When you get an address let me know and I'll send you some fuzz.

Same here, I've got tons of shit im not using.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Fucking hell dude, I had just pm'd you about the fires and then I saw this post. Let us all know if we can help. Glad you're safe at least.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Oh shit. I am so sorry to hear.
As far as rats go, I've PM:d you.
Stay strong!
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Recent lust for another DL4 have started to wane. Already owned 6 of them. Without one I focus more one my own glitchy sampler pedals, so another DL4 would take time away from those getting used as much, maybe. Trying to keep a small board too, and the DL4 takes up 3 pedals worth of space. Plus powering it properly is a motherducker.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm really looking for a good Looper I can play solo with so those joints that have drums with them look fun. Even basic lame drum beats would be great
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 pm

codetocontra wrote:Without one I focus more one my own glitchy sampler pedals

I never owned a DL4 but I've been thinking the same way lately. Most of my delays have a loop function so I kind of want to exploit several primitive loopers as opposed to one all encompassing looper. Plus it helps I already own the shit so I don't have to chase after anything :yay:

A user here had a pretty sweet table top set up I drew inspiration from.

EDIT: Here it is. Their post had an attachment otherwise I would have just quoted it. viewtopic.php?f=149&t=38906&hilit=table+top&start=225
Last edited by $harkToootth on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Who, which one, where? Looks like the tabletops got lumped into the "Let's see your keys/synths" thread. Almost want to start one just for tabletop setups.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 pm

codetocontra wrote:Who, which one, where? Looks like the tabletops got lumped into the "Let's see your keys/synths" thread. Almost want to start one just for tabletop setups.

Just edited my initial post. You're quick to the draw! Here it is viewtopic.php?f=149&t=38906&hilit=table+top&start=225
It's such a simple setup with so much potential per the loopers. User is paulandpaul.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 pm

I went down a rabbit hole this week looking at older primitive DOD Delay/Samplers. People seem to think they are worth something now though :lol:
But like I said, I have enough at this point that have a very basic loop function to get something primitive but expansive together.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Ah crap I forgot about that thread.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:31 pm

codetocontra wrote:Ah crap I forgot about that thread.

I need to post more in that thread. It's like a more niche 'set up of the day' thread.
This guy basically uses a reel to reel as his instrument. It's live tape loops. I've been pretty into his work lately. Valerio Tricoli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8pEUZsBCjA
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear